Alonso Vs. Rossi

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

3-way challenge, Alonso or Rossi?

Alonso
29%
Rossi
43%
Sensasionalist Journalism
29%

Total votes: 28

Spencifer_Murphy

I cant see Rossi beating Fernando in anything but Bikes. But on Bikes he would obliterate him.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Jason

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:I cant see Rossi beating Fernando in anything but Bikes. But on Bikes he would obliterate him.
Alonso would surely lose to Rossi in Moto GP. But Alonso would beat him in F1 for sure :P
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

m3_lover

You can not compare Alonso to Rossi in F1 and Rossi to Alonso on bikes, they are two different drivers on two different types of motorsport racing.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Venom
Venom

m3_lover wrote:You can not compare Alonso to Rossi in F1 and Rossi to Alonso on bikes, they are two different drivers on two different types of motorsport racing.
Yeh but it is easier to adapt from: MotoGP to F1 then from F1 to MotoGP.

Spencifer_Murphy is right...

Ciro Pabón

This proposition seems the most stupid thing I have heard since, lets say, December. Sure, Schumacher can beat me at F-1 racing, but what if we add up the time to drink 12 beers? Hey, maybe I can win!

If they are going to compete in bikes, F1 and rally cars, then why don't they include a 100 meter dash, a tennis match and a poker game? They could settle it with a Half-life death match, BTW! Maybe this way they can see who has it bigger. :D
Ciro

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Rossi sure has got a lot of free publicity with this crap.
There hasn't been this much BS since Bobby Riggs vs. Billie Jean King.
http://ok.essortment.com/billiejeanking_rvwa.htm

rsfocus
rsfocus

i guess maybe alonso should learn to think before he speaks though! it was a stupid comment to come out with in the first place, rossi speaks his mind, isnt affraid to put everything on the line. what was alonso's response, i want to concentrate on the f1 title this year! well what does he think rossi is doing this year, sitting back with his feet up. motogp is a lot more competitive (well most of the time) so you would think he would have more to loose by 'wasting time' on a challenge to prove not much. i'm not even a rossi fan, but i have to admire him.

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Gentlemen....jump aboard the Rossi express....(even if some of you all said he'd never make it into F'ed 1...you'll just have to sit next to max and his puppets)....

F'ed Wun is not worthy of Rossi but surely its too hard for him to resist....DOH !!!
Alonso is rattled by Rossi already (hence his attack)....
Is he annoyed that Rossi is on everyone’s lips and not the reigning chimpion ?? Not just a reigning champ but a chimp that defeated the great shoemaker....and all everyone cares about is Rossi.

Fact is we will never know about who would win....WHAT WE KNOW IS who took the chicken track and ran for cover......typical of F1 personnel isn’t it?!?! This is why F1...(Oh no not Ferrari).....want Rossi.....I don’t believe for one minute it’s only Ferrari chasing Rossi....

Anyway....childish bet you may naively point out ??? Ask yourself...Do you think Rossi ever expected Alonso to take the challenge ??? Did he second guess his reply ???? Was he afraid if he accepted the challenge ??? HMMMM....ROUND ONE TO ROSSI

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Didn't Schumacher got a chance to ride Ducati's MotoGP bike and turned out to be like 30 sec slower or something? Rossi will probably be 10-15 sec(probably more) faster than Alonso can managed on a bike, and Rossi won't be that much slower, even cumulatively in a WRC and F1 car....

Scuderia_Russ

Was Schuey really pushing though? Schuey knows his way around bikes alright so I doubt this was serious.

[IMG:800:558]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... ucatti.jpg[/img]

Figlio_del_Diavolo

If they did it in a aggregate style like Rossi proposed, I don't think Alonso could win. He just wouldn't be able to get close enough on the bike IMO. I think it's good to see two young champions who are so competitive. Keep the smack talking about what happens on the track and it doesn't bother me too much. It would be great to see this happen, but I am very skeptical of it really materializing.
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

Deano
Deano

Rossi would kick Alonsos Arse into the ground

Spencifer_Murphy

Only on the bikes though. As an aggregate thing yes he'd beat Alonso because he'd be so much faster on the bikes. But in an F1 car & a WRC fernando would beat Rossi 2-1. It depends on how you want to guage each of them, how do we measure this?

Besides, I must admit the whole thing is rather childish on Rossi's part, Fernando simply said that Rossi will have to adapt to the car, in fact even complimented him saying that he should do so quite quickly. However because Fernando added that he believed he could be quick on a bike give some time Rossi gets all upset. If you ask me thats not only a little arrogant but also childish to retort with "Okay lets try Bikes, WRC & F1 acrs then lets see whos fastest"

Especially when Rossi is a bike king and a WRC fanatic!!! HE HAS A 2-to-1 advantage! If we did F1-WRC-Bike-LeMans then we might see a more close competition.

One thing that made me laugh was how after Rossi "Challenged" Fernando its obvious that the media will want Alonso's reply, which was "I've got a busy schedule and have no time to play around. He clearly has too much time on his hands." I'll admit it was also a little childish to bother taunting back, but Fernando has a piont, he has an F1 World Championship to retain and a shoot-out with Rossi really isnt that important right now. I think Rossi needs to remember what his priorities should be.

Reca
Reca

What I can say about this story is : Fernando, don’t bother, avoid to reply to Valentino Rossi provocations, and particularly don’t mess with media about him. There’s nothing to gain, other people have been there, isn’t clever to take that road, they will always make you look like the bad guy whatever you say and will always make him look like a supernatural being in spite of the truth about his driving ability.
Let him talk, let the media say whatever they want, let his fans say whatever they want, just don’t bother.
RacingManiac wrote: Didn't Schumacher got a chance to ride Ducati's MotoGP bike and turned out to be like 30 sec slower or something?
At Mugello last year. According to Ducati people he set a 2’03” and although he was certainly playing it safe, he was also reaching over 300 km/h top speed in straight line. Record is 1’49” and something set by Loris Capirossi in 2005 in qualifying with top speed in the order of 340 km/h, but a more interesting reference is that 2’03-04” is the time Troy Bayliss set with standard, production 999.

Spencifer_Murphy

Fernando, don’t bother, avoid to reply to Valentino Rossi provocations, and particularly don’t mess with media about him. There’s nothing to gain, other people have been there, isn’t clever to take that road, they will always make you look like the bad guy whatever you say and will always make him look like a supernatural being in spite of the truth about his driving ability.
Let him talk, let the media say whatever they want, let his fans say whatever they want, just don’t bother.
Quite right, Rossi is simply being immature, its not smart to go down that road, just let your on track performances do the talking. You can race him and beat him when he comes to F1. Until then keep focused. Be a real champion, stay focused on your job.