Alonso Vs. Rossi

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

3-way challenge, Alonso or Rossi?

Alonso
29%
Rossi
43%
Sensasionalist Journalism
29%

Total votes: 28

m3_lover

He needs all the pubilicity that he can get and he pulls out all the stops. I have not seen the dude do any credible times in a f1 car compared to other drivers. He should concentrate on moto gp right now.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think rossi coming to f1 wil be like any other rookie. He may not have as much open wheel racing as rosberg(for example) but he will make it up with his experience as a champion. he is awfully talented but doubt it he will be champion for at least a few year.but i welcome him coming into f1

Jason

jaslfc wrote:i think rossi coming to f1 wil be like any other rookie. He may not have as much open wheel racing as rosberg(for example) but he will make it up with his experience as a champion. he is awfully talented but doubt it he will be champion for at least a few year.but i welcome him coming into f1
I agree, Rossi can learn how to master the car if he is beside Michael. Anyway Rossi has done many testing runs with Ferrari, and I aslo welcome him to F1

PS If he learns Michaels "secret to sucess" he would beat Michael(joke) :lol:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Spencifer_Murphy

Oh yes, Don't get me wrong, I really do welcome his entry to F1 (if he really ends up doing it, nothing 100% for certain yet) but I just dislike this running around claiming to be the best purly for publisity, it may get him in the papers but its for all the wrong reasons. That is not how a multiple world champion (at Moto GP) should behave.

But him comming into F1 is great, should be VERY interesting!!! :D
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

MIB
MIB

Fernando opened his mouth, jealous, because Rossi was getting more publicity than him, he couldnt stand it. Maybe is hard for the youngest champion ever to see all the press run after a rookie. It would have been better for him if he'd stayed quiet in the beginning.

Im not a Rossi fan, I dont like all the publicity he gets every time he is near an F1 car, but one thing is sure: he is more adaptable than FA and if the challenge is ever to be done he would win for sure.

Somebody mentioned Sebastien Loeb, anybody know why he has not done any test in F1?
MIB

m3_lover

I think Fernando thinks this guy is a joke, because why would you make a claim like that knowing you are going to start something up in the media. Easy to get pubilicty about yourself

I think Loeb does Le mans does he not?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

Loeb does Le Mans, as does former Citroen team mate, Colin Mcrae, but I don't think either are interested in F1. Mcrae did swap with Brundle at a Silverstone publicity event. Apparantly Mcrae was getting near Martin's times in the '94 Jordan and Martin in Colin's Impreza.

Mentioned Le Mans. Just found an interesting fact, the only manufacturer to have won the F1 Constructors championship, Drivers championship and Le Mans using their own Chassis and Engine were Ferrari.

Mclaren have won the 24 hour race with the BMW in the F1, and Merc notched a win with Saulber, but Ferrari are the only team to get all three with the same package.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

What about mazda, who did there chassis work for there win with there rotary engine?

kkobayash

MIB wrote:
Somebody mentioned Sebastien Loeb, anybody know why he has not done any test in F1?
Ye i remember him saying that he we was offered an F1 drive he would take it. Being French and all would be perfect for Renault. But then you hav to understand that he is fairly old(for driver standards) and if u were team, i dont think you;d want an 'old' rookie.

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

:lol:

It must be annoying that someone in motogp is stealing all the headlines in F'ed 1......

:lol:
But in an F1 car & a WRC fernando would beat Rossi 2-1.
Especially when Rossi is a bike king and a WRC fanatic!!! HE HAS A 2-to-1 advantage!
WTF ??? who has what advantage ?????

You all seem to forget which child fired the first shot !!

m3_lover

Reigning champion Alonso, of Spain, turned down Rossi's challenge to go head-to-head in a motor racing showdown to settle the question of who is the quickest driver.

Italy's Rossi doubted Alonso's claim that his schedule is just too busy.

''Maybe Alonso has made some calculations and realised he would lose,'' he told Motorcycle News.

Rossi also reckons Alonso would be at least 12 seconds slower than him on a 260hp GP bike.

He still can not quit about this, again all for pubilicity for him

Spencifer_Murphy

''Maybe Alonso has made some calculations and realised he would lose,'' he told Motorcycle News.

Rossi also reckons Alonso would be at least 12 seconds slower than him on a 260hp GP bike
I cant believe how childish he is behaving. I know it's smart to generate publicity, but surely this is bad publicity for him. He is appearing like a silly spoilt child. When he wins the F1 World Championship then he can open his mouth. Untill then he's just a nobody who claims to be fast. Moto GP champ or not, he's never competed in an F1 season, its different to Moto GP, hence why only one man has suceeded before at making the switch.

All I have to say to Rossi is, "Shut up, get on with your job, come to F1, win the championship (I know you CAN do it, your bloody quick!) but until then, just keep schtum"

He may be a MotoGP champ, but thts as good as a Ballerina saying "I'm a multiple ballerina world champion...I can win the f1 world championship." You dont see Sebastian Loeb mouthing off like this do you???

Rossi needs to face that fact that in MotoGP he is a Megastar...the best. But in F1 he's still a nobody.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

I dont think anyone can doubt that he is an excellent moto racer. But he's still an asshole. I put him in the category of hyperaggressive egotist publicity whore. There's another guy like that, a few years back a boxer out of the UK in the lighter weight divisions, i forgot his name...

I'd rather see athletes compete at their sports, not in the media.

If Alonso took up the challenge and lost, I'd actually have way more respect for him if he went about it respecfully.

Tom

Unfortunetly a nobody with a huge wallet and a big enough name to get a test for Ferrari.

I feel that these seats should be reserved for people who are complete nobodys with a lot of skill.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

flynfrog

captainmorgan wrote:I dont think anyone can doubt that he is an excellent moto racer. But he's still an asshole. I put him in the category of hyperaggressive egotist publicity whore. There's another guy like that, a few years back a boxer out of the UK in the lighter weight divisions, i forgot his name...

I'd rather see athletes compete at their sports, not in the media.

If Alonso took up the challenge and lost, I'd actually have way more respect for him if he went about it respecfully.
I think you have him confused with Max Biaggi.