More Bernie desperation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

More Bernie desperation

So afraid of loosing his money tree, now he blames Totto! His hipocracy disgusts me! Honestly, I hope the grid drops low enough so Bernie's contract becomes void and the FIA take over again!
"I will try to intervene and convince the FIA," said Ecclestone. "And if certain people complain, let them complain. I guarantee that we will win.

"After 50 years of work, I will not allow formula one to be destroyed out of pure selfishness."
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30456.html
197 104 103 7

Gaz.
Gaz.

Re: More Bernie desperation

It was certainly a mistake to let the competitors think up the rules for the sport, which suited Bernie down to the ground when he was chief executive of FOCA in 1981 when he negotiated with FISA & the FIA for the first Concorde agreement in 1981.
Forza Jules

wesley123
wesley123

After 50 years of work, I will not allow formula one to be destroyed out of pure selfishness.
Funniest quote I've read all week.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bdr529

Hail22

Maurizio: I know this great retirement village just north of Rome, you'll absolutely love it.

Good ole Bernie back to his inconsistent form.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

mclaren111

Says the worst of them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moxie
Moxie

Have you ever had an old uncle that yells out random crazy stuff; so much crazy stuff, in fact, that the whole family has become desensitized to all of it?

FW17

Baku good replacement for Monza says Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone on Sunday confirmed F1's newest host nation is Azerbaijan.

It was already known that the sport's chief executive had inked a deal for a street race in Baku, the capital of the oil-rich former Soviet country.

But earlier this week, it emerged that the Formula One Group had published a human rights policy vowing to respect "human rights in all of our activities".

But several independent bodies, such as Human Rights Watch, have repeatedly criticised the Azerbaijani government for its human rights record, including arbitrary arrests, indefinite detentions, beatings and torture.

Ecclestone, however, said in Bahrain: "Baku? No problem. That's going to be another good race."

Asked if he had conducted the "due diligence" promised in his the policy, he added: "We have. I think everybody seems to be happy. Doesn't seem to be any big problem there."

It appears Azerbaijan could be on the calendar while the historic Italian grand prix is not, as Monza race organisers are yet to agree a new deal with Ecclestone.

Reporters on Sunday told Ecclestone F1 without Monza is unthinkable.

"I was told that when we didn't have a race in France actually. And Germany now," he said. "We've got some good replacements, haven't we?"

Andres125sx

I wonder for how long teams will cope with him, F1 is becoming a caricature.... :evil:

dans79

Andres125sx wrote:I wonder for how long teams will cope with him, F1 is becoming a caricature.... :evil:

The question is would he quit if the Fans asked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZURoWuXTzXk
197 104 103 7

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:I wonder for how long teams will cope with him, F1 is becoming a caricature.... :evil:
In terms of Monza/Baku they will love him.

More money from venues = more money for the teams.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SunsAnvil
SunsAnvil

Quick Renault & AUdi. Make everyones day and commit to enter so that we can get rid of the decrepit moronic dwarf!

wesley123
wesley123

That's the fun part; They don't really have much of a choice.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FW17

I think Jean Todt position is quiet clear; Wait for FOM to breach the Contract to tear up the 100 year agreement.

Andres125sx

dans79 wrote:

The question is would he quit if the Fans asked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZURoWuXTzXk
Maybe it´s time to open some sort of request to check if that´s true