2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

Andres125sx wrote:Awesome race for Kimi, Lewis lucky enough the gp was not 1 lap longer because of his brake problems or they´d have lost the race (that´s what Mercedes said on his web)
Just heard Lewis on Sky saying, he successfully reset the break by wire. It went hard and long and he hit the reset and it came back fine. So, Lewis was not under threat.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Even in Malaysia, it was not degradation that ruined Merc's party, but it was their strategy mess. On average pace, Mercs were faster there too.

False.

Andres125sx

henra wrote: No idea what happened with Vettel. I don't remember seeing him doing so many mistakes in an entire season that he accumulated today in one single race.
2010, ask Button, Sutil and Webber, he collided with all of them

I agree he usually do very little mistakes, but it´s also true when under pressure he´s not so faultless

Jordan44

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Even in Malaysia, it was not degradation that ruined Merc's party, but it was their strategy mess. On average pace, Mercs were faster there too.

False.
Perhaps you could contribute some useful explanation as to a one word answer? It is my opinion that free practise gave the illusion that Ferraris made the tyres work longer but that didn't seem the case in the race. Mercedes looked quicker and it was purely the strategy which sent the cars through traffic that lost them that race. They lost long run data from Lewis which compromised their understanding for the strategy. The Merc is still the best package in all areas, it's simply much closer race pace.
Last edited by Jordan44 on 19 Apr 2015, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Lap 32 fuel used. Maldonado, Kvyat and Kimi good on fuel compared to their teammates

Ham 54.72
Ros 54.72
Vet 55.15
Rai 54.50
Bot 54.52
Ric 55.18
Per 53.89
Kvy 54.32
Mal 52.28
Gro 53.36
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

GPR-A wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:Where are the ''Ferrari's race pace will be superior'' experts? Time and time again, Mercedes not showing their hand on friday.

Excellent drive Lewis Hamilton and Rosberg made some beautiful overtakes.
Waiting to see giantfan's response who has been saying that Mercedes weren't sandbagging all weekend.
I guess giantfan was not the only one fighting the losing battle. So here are some myths that have busted so far.
1. It is now a reality that, Ferrari DOES NOT have any tyre advantage whatsoever over Merc. Even in Malaysia, it was not degradation that ruined Merc's party, but it was their strategy mess. On average pace, Mercs were faster there too.
2. There was another point on which the debate was going on that Ferrari is better on Rear Limited circuits, turned out that does not hold any water either.
3. Ferrari has speed advantage on straights. Busted.
4. Someone said, Merc will struggle on stop and go corners and Bahrain has some stop and go corners, wrong again.
What's next?
It turned out that the Medium was the tyre to be on in this race. If Merc would have done OPP, they should have had an easy 1-2.

Strategy mess does not make your car any slower or faster in therms of pace. It's not a car feature. Looking at your statements, Merc should have enough in their pockets even with strategy that is not the fastest.

I am not denying that Merc 2015 car is about 4-5 tenths faster in Q and about 2-3 tenths faster in race pace, but they are far more beatable and fragile than last year.
Last edited by MarkedOne8 on 19 Apr 2015, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Pedro
Pedro

Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

MarkedOne8 wrote:

Strategy mess does not make your car any slower or faster in therms of pace. It's not a car feature. Looking at your statements, Merc should have enough in their pockets even with strategy that is not the fastest.
It does if the strategy puts you on the wrong tyre.

gray41

Seriously though Hamilton could win more races than last season at this rate.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Jordan44

gray41 wrote:Seriously though Hamilton could win more races than last season at this rate.
He has the same number of wins as he did at this point in the season last year. Long way to go, twists and turns to come.

You never know what Ferrari might do. They have aggressive upgrades planned and it's always possible that they can leapfrog Mercedes if they get out-developed.

ferkan
ferkan

J0rd4n wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Even in Malaysia, it was not degradation that ruined Merc's party, but it was their strategy mess. On average pace, Mercs were faster there too.

False.
Perhaps you could contribute some useful explanation as to a one word answer? It is my opinion that free practise gave the illusion that Ferraris made the tyres work longer but that didn't seem the case in the race. Mercedes looked quicker and it was purely the strategy which sent the cars through traffic that lost them that race. They lost long run data from Lewis which compromised their understanding for the strategy. The Merc is still the best package in all areas, it's simply much closer race pace.
TBH its hard to conclude how good tires lasted on Mercs and Ferrari's when Vettel had to undercut them each time effectively denying us to see how well they lasted. Certainly Kimi had no problems with keeping softs last in first stint, but certainly difference wasn't anywhere near Malaysia to make a difference.

ringo

Nice Race,

Rosberg did not impress me much. I liked his aggression, but i think if you are overtaking the same car three times, and you're on the same strategy with that car, it means that you are not driving fast enough. He has made some nice overtakes, not the cleanest, but most of them were because he was going slower than Vettel and lost out.
He needs to up his pace to that his overtakes are decisive and that he doesn't have to see the same driver again. So yea, the sparks haven't got me fooled into thinking Nico had great race. Vettel gave him P2 on a platter but Lewis is even further ahead now.

Great race from Kimi and Sergio Perez. Kimi showed his quality. He is still a more complete driver than Vettel. Vettel was showing flashbacks of last year when he is actually fighting with other cars. He can't keep things together and this is why Ricairdo blew him away in 2014. Seb is great and masterful when he leads in the front. He manages tyres well from the front and is on point with strategy and taking care of the car.. but once he's under a bit of pressure he cracks.
Kimi is the total opposite in this regard, and i feel we will see more of Kimi ahead of Vettel as the season wears on.

Hamilton now.. i don't have much to say for him. I think it's starting to look like the shumacher days. Good race management, but may forget how to overtake and fight with other cars if he keeps up this dominant thing.

I fear Hulk will lose his Force India seat. he doesn't bring any money and Perez is kinda outsmarting him. Force India could do with a big sponsor driver right about now.
For Sure!!

dans79

One thing that I noticed during the race, was how much tire protecting Lewis was doing. Through the first 2 stints he seemed to routinely be 0.3 to 0.5 seconds slower than Nico & Vettel in sector 2. It kind of makes we wonder how much Merc is limited by the tires this year.
197 104 103 7

QLDriver
QLDriver

My impression is that Lewis likes to manage the gap, going just fast enough to keep the competition at bay, so that at the end of a stint, he can put his foot down and not be at risk from an undercut.

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

dans79 wrote:One thing that I noticed during the race, was how much tire protecting Lewis was doing. Through the first 2 stints he seemed to routinely be 0.3 to 0.5 seconds slower than Nico & Vettel in sector 2. It kind of makes we wonder how much Merc is limited by the tires this year.
Given that Nico didnt do it and was still faster than Vettel id say Lewis didnt need to save tyres, its just that he could, so of course why wouldnt he?