2015 Canadian Grand Prix - 5-7 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2015 Canadian Grand Prix - 5-7 June

Nathanael F1 wrote:Has it been confirmed whether or not Raikkonen's spin at the hairpin was due to an unexpected power surge?
De La Rosa said it may be because of the pit-stop configuration, wich is not disconnected until completing first lap after the stop. I don´t get the reason that configuration must be connected for the full lap, but that´s what he said and he should know a little bit about the stuff :?: :?:

djos

gilgen wrote:of course its too early but driving the same car and without problems by either, kvyat has been faster. and in case you missed it, marko has already said that ricciardo and kvyat have to prove themselves if they want a drive next season as rb have two drivers currently providing better results with their equipment.
Rubbish, kyv has out qualified Ricciardo precisely once and was able to jump Dan at Monaco where passing is next to impossible.

Ricciardo was never under threat as he has scored points in all bar 1 race this season.
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

Edax wrote: I think that is not entirely fair for Nico. Like last year in Moscow he showed that he can also come from the back and deal with problems.

But I do agree I'd place Rosberg on par with people like Webber, Coultard and Patrese, one notch below guys like Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Schumacher.

And actually they are the ideal ones to have as a second driver.
Have to disagree there... I can't see Webber troubling Schumacher in 2010 to 2012 in either Q or Race. I just can't see it for the life of me. Rosberg I think is slighlty above Vettel's level when it comes to speed. Maybe slightly less race craft... but raw pace on par or above Vettel. I generally consider Rosberg, Vettel, Hamilton, Grosjean, Alonso the fast Qualifiers now. The fast five.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ferkan
ferkan

In what universe is Rosberg better qualifier then Vettel exactly? He is half a second down on Ham in qualifying on average, and was twice out-qualified by Sebastian in considerably slower car.

djos

ferkan wrote:In what universe is Rosberg better qualifier then Vettel exactly? He is half a second down on Ham in qualifying on average, and was twice out-qualified by Sebastian in considerably slower car.
Not to mention that Rosberg couldn't beat Webber at Williams imo proving he's vastly overrated.
"In downforce we trust"

ferkan
ferkan

djos wrote:
ferkan wrote:In what universe is Rosberg better qualifier then Vettel exactly? He is half a second down on Ham in qualifying on average, and was twice out-qualified by Sebastian in considerably slower car.
Not to mention that Rosberg couldn't beat Webber at Williams imo proving he's vastly overrated.
He is fast yea, but he is overrated. Basically, once in a blue moon he will outqualify Lewis profiting on his mistake, and other times he will win race because he is literally the other guy in spaceship compared to everyone else and Lewis or Mercs pit have done something stupid. Being half a second down on your teammate, no matter the name, certainly doesn't make him faster then Vettel, Ricc or anyone else in slower car.

giantfan10
giantfan10

ferkan wrote:
djos wrote:
He is fast yea, but he is overrated. Basically, once in a blue moon he will outqualify Lewis profiting on his mistake, and other times he will win race because he is literally the other guy in spaceship compared to everyone else and Lewis or Mercs pit have done something stupid. Being half a second down on your teammate, no matter the name, certainly doesn't make him faster then Vettel, Ricc or anyone else in slower car.
Both drivers in Mercedes factory cars are currently being overrated.Its just a fact of life in formula 1,depending on the current arguement the superiority of the car is either highlighted or discounted to prove whatever point is being argued.
If the 2 mercedes drivers were in Marussias they would be fighting at the back of the grid with hamilton leading Rosberg :)

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

giantfan10 wrote:Both drivers in Mercedes factory cars are currently being overrated.Its just a fact of life in formula 1,depending on the current arguement the superiority of the car is either highlighted or discounted to prove whatever point is being argued.
If the 2 mercedes drivers were in Marussias they would be fighting at the back of the grid with hamilton leading Rosberg :)
Using the "Top Gear F1 Driver's Lap Times" as a guide, Ricciardo was 0.7s quicker than Hamilton, so I would have to agree!

1 Daniel Ricciardo 1:42.2 - Series 22 Episode 3 - Placed 3 identical lap times!!!
2 Lewis Hamilton 1:42.9 - Series 19 Episode 4 - Second attempt
3 Mark Webber 1:43.1 - Series 20 Episode 6 - Second attempt
4 Sebastian Vettel 1:44.0 - Series 17 Episode 3
5 Rubens Barrichello 1:44.3 - Series 15 Episode 3
6 Nigel Mansell 1:44.6 - Series 7 Episode 5
7 Lewis Hamilton 1:44.7 - Series 10 Episode 8 - Wet & oily
8 Jenson Button 1:44.7 - Series 8 Series 8 - Hot
9 Jenson Button 1:44.9 - Series 14 Episode 5 - Second attempt. Wet
10 Kimi Räikkönen 1:46.1 - Series 18 Episode 7 - Very wet
11 Damon Hill 1:46.3 - Series 6 Episode 5
12 Mark Webber 1:47.1 - Series 6 Episode 10 - Extremely wet
13 Michael Schumacher DNF - Series 13 Episode 1 - Joke lap – DNF

This is the only real opportunity we get to see these guys in the same machinery.
Hmmmm...

djos

I'm a Ricciardo fan but even I have to concede that he had the advantage of a recently repaved track.
"In downforce we trust"

dans79

Using the top gear times is ridiculous.
197 104 103 7

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

The TG track has gotten much quicker over the years, so you can't use that as a comparison.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

andartop
andartop

Only in F1technical..
If ROS is a hugely overrated driver flattered by a spaceship car, what does that tell us about HAM then?
Is he just your average driver who also lucked into the same spaceship?
Can't have it both ways I'm afraid guys..
:twisted:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

evered7
evered7

andartop wrote:Only in F1technical..
If ROS is a hugely overrated driver flattered by a spaceship car, what does that tell us about HAM then?
Depends on whether they want to put down Rosberg or praise Hamilton.

SilverArrow10

andartop wrote:Only in F1technical..
Well ones a world champion, become a world champion before he got a spaceship car, and 4 out of 5 times beats the other guy in the spaceship car.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Vasconia

J0rd4n wrote: Yeah, I agree. Sadly for us, that is the case. We might not see an exciting title battle for a while now. However, Nico could leave on his own accord. It depends on his patience and his ability to take risks. Say for example, Kimi's seat became available. He's getting sick of coming second to Lewis. Do you think he'd consider jumping ship? I don't see a title for him at Mercedes and you never know where Ferrari could be in a few years if they keep this development rate up. Or will he just play it safe, sit at Mercedes and accept second and the occasional win? Depends how desperate he is for a title I suppose. Fernando is desperate for a title and he's done something similar, taken a huge risk because he didn't see it working out at Ferrari.
I vote for the second option. He will stay in Mercedes following the same path that Barrichelo or Webber choosed. Its hard but in the end I think that he will think "better to get many podiums and a few victories than nothing".

And when Mercedes gives much more information to Lewis during the races I can appreciate that Mercedes has clearly decided who is the first driver and who the second.