Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jolle
Jolle

Silly season 2016

Didn't see it here yet and I think it will start quite soon...

How much penalties can Alonso still bare? Is Kimi still Ferrari's best option? How far will Button's love for the sport go?

What could happen to the youngsters if RedBull pulls out?

Is there any new talent on the horizon and where will they go?

Is Maldonado's bank account still big enough?

The best seat in the house is taken, but the rest looks pretty open... bring it on!

FrukostScones

Re: Silly season 2016

Alonso to Red Bull in 2017 with Ferrari engines.

ah 2016 :idea:

Can't see ALO at McLaren, probably will drive a "FINDIA-sabattical".

don't see MAL in F1 in 2016 sadly :( Lotus will sell and MAL will get the boot.

MAL will start a Hollywood career and be James Bond villain.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SilverArrow10

Bottas to Ferrari, Kimi retires.

Vandoorne in one of the McLaren's, which ever driver leaves will join the WEC. Magnussen will be forgotten.

Maldonado will go, finally.

Red bull and Renault will stay exactly as they are, despite petty threats, same drivers for both teams.

Hulkenburg could be at Force India, Williams or Haas.... even Ferrari but I doubt it.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Hulk replaces Kimi, who retires.

Button (to WEC) and Alonso (to Williams) leave McLaren, giving up their seats to Vandoorne and Magnussen.

Massa retires. Alonso fills the other Williams seat alongside Bottas.

Nasr moves to FI alongside Perez.

Kobayashi returns to Sauber. Ericsson loses his seat to Verstappen.

Rossi and Danica Patrick at Haas.

Audi buys Toro Rosso and enters with Andre Lotterer and Sainz.

Mercedes, Red Bull, Manor, and Lotus remain the same.
Last edited by Nathanael F1 on 23 Jun 2015, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Shrieker

I wonder whether Alonso will finally get sick of it and move back to Ferrari. While they give the boot to Kimi.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Shrieker wrote:I wonder whether Alonso will finally get sick of it and move back to Ferrari. While they give the boot to Kimi.
That would be awesome to see Alonso and Vettel in the same car! I doubt that would happen, though.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

PlatinumZealot

Kimi replaced mid-season by Vergne... who will subsequently be replaced by Hulkenberg.

Haas rents Gutierrez who drives alongside Rossi.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

In my opinion Kimi is now Plan C at Ferrari. With Bottas and Ricciardo coming free at the end of next year, I think Ferrari may go for Hulkenberg or Vergne. Or maybe even both, by farming one out to Haas. Imo they will make a play for Ricciardo and/or Bottas to partner Vettel in 2017 - and if none of those talks come through, maybe Vergne or Hulk. I believe, for 2016, Kimi Raikkonen is, sadly... Plan C
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GPR-A duplicate2

raymondu999 wrote:In my opinion Kimi is now Plan C at Ferrari. With Bottas and Ricciardo coming free at the end of next year, I think Ferrari may go for Hulkenberg or Vergne. Or maybe even both, by farming one out to Haas. Imo they will make a play for Ricciardo and/or Bottas to partner Vettel in 2017 - and if none of those talks come through, maybe Vergne or Hulk. I believe, for 2016, Kimi Raikkonen is, sadly... Plan C
I am surprised, you are saying Kimi IS STILL PART OF THE PLAN, even if it C ! IF Ferrari has a strong ambition of challenging the championships, then Kimi can't be there. As it stands, Ferrari is safely a second best team and there is some gap behind, that has been allowing good recovery in race despite having had bad qualifying performances. Once that gap is strongly bridged, which I believe would be the case next year, any lapse in qualifying would simply mean throwing away points in Race. Now if that happens, which is not hard to expect in the 3rd year of new generation PU, then Ferrari simply cannot have a poor qualifier with average racing skills.

Vasconia

Hulkenberg to Ferrari, its mandatory.

Kimi retires or goes to Haas.

Haas comes with Grosjean and Vergne.

Hamilton wins another WC and he will still forgot his own statememn about "how boring is to win with a dominant car" when Vettel used to do it.

Another rules change for 2017.

wickedz50
wickedz50

It will be interesting if Ferrari can get Max next year. I will pitch for a young raw talent who is capable to take risk and potentially drive the skin out of that Ferrari. They need to take some risk.

skoop
skoop

i hope to see the hulk in a competetive car. merc's closed, so it should be ferrari. I think otherwise he might leave the sport for wec

TheRMVR

wickedz50 wrote:It will be interesting if Ferrari can get Max next year. I will pitch for a young raw talent who is capable to take risk and potentially drive the skin out of that Ferrari. They need to take some risk.
I thought Verstappen has a 3-year contract with Toro Rosso/RedBull. Also Ferrari has never been a risk taking team, never. So they will go for the safe option, whoever that will be.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I don't see Hulk jumping ship for at least 2 more seasons - I think he'll always feel like there is unfinished business. If he doesn't get the Ferrari drive for 2016 then I am sure he'll line up something based around the 2017 rule changes.

Verstappen does have a longer contract, Red Bull tightened all contracts after the Vettel escape.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Nathanael F1 wrote:
Shrieker wrote:I wonder whether Alonso will finally get sick of it and move back to Ferrari. While they give the boot to Kimi.
That would be awesome to see Alonso and Vettel in the same car! I doubt that would happen, though.
I doubt Alonso will even think off this move. He will wait for an opportunity at Mercedes in case Lewis leaves after Nico wins 2015 title. He will not get any WC with any car as no other team will be winning till his time lasts at F1.