Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Nickel
Nickel

Re: Silly season 2016

Jonnycraig wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:*edit* Button also expected to announce his retirement this weekend.

If he decides to go to WEC it will be with Toyota. He was talking to them last season before resigning with McLaren.
Good god, why switch series to keep losing?

superdowg316

Jonnycraig wrote: If he decides to go to WEC it will be with Toyota. He was talking to them last season before resigning with McLaren.
I can see it considering that him and Alex Wurz are close friends, but Mark Webber has been trying hard to get Jenson into WEC: http://autoaction.com.au/mark-webber-tw ... orts-cars/

IIRC as well, Button was also a candidate at some point to be in the third Porsche that Hulkenberg ended up winning with, wasn't he?
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

iotar__

Nickel wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:*edit* Button also expected to announce his retirement this weekend.

If he decides to go to WEC it will be with Toyota. He was talking to them last season before resigning with McLaren.
A lot of money to drive fast cars :idea:?

[if] So is it Vandoorne or Magnussen? I could try to guess if I knew who is making decisions at McLaren: Dennis, other owners, Honda, team's sporting and technical side. I thought they'd keep Button because lack of decision is the easiest and they have bigger problems but now I have no clue, although the sent some small signals with Magnussen looking at other teams and Boullier saying they wouldn't mind. That was before Button's supposed retirement.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

superdowg316 wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote: If he decides to go to WEC it will be with Toyota. He was talking to them last season before resigning with McLaren.
I can see it considering that him and Alex Wurz are close friends, but Mark Webber has been trying hard to get Jenson into WEC: http://autoaction.com.au/mark-webber-tw ... orts-cars/

IIRC as well, Button was also a candidate at some point to be in the third Porsche that Hulkenberg ended up winning with, wasn't he?
He's also good friends with Antony Davidson and Mike Conway.

Starscreamer

Mercedes: Hamilton & Rosberg

Ferrari: Vettel & Raikkonen

Williams: Bottas & Massa

Red Bull: Ricciardo & Kyvat

Force India: Perez & Hülkenberg

Renault: Maldonado & Frijns

Toro Rosso: Verstappen & Sainz

Sauber: Nasr & Ericcson

McLaren: Alonso & Vandoorne

Manor: Rossi & Wehrlein

Haas: Guttierez & Grosjean
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Sevach
Sevach

Will we even have RBR and STR teams next season?

langwadt
langwadt

Nickel wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:

afaik Toyota will switch to a turbo engine for 2016, if Porsche can do it why not Toyota

langwadt
langwadt

iotar__ wrote:
Nickel wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:

A lot of money to drive fast cars :idea:?

[if] So is it Vandoorne or Magnussen? I could try to guess if I knew who is making decisions at McLaren: Dennis, other owners, Honda, team's sporting and technical side. I thought they'd keep Button because lack of decision is the easiest and they have bigger problems but now I have no clue, although the sent some small signals with Magnussen looking at other teams and Boullier saying they wouldn't mind. That was before Button's supposed retirement.
afaik neither of them really bring any money, but they are much cheaper than Jenson, I guess they could go for Vandoorne
thinking he is faster but until they make the car work that doesn't matter and trying to develop a car with a total rookie seems risky

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

Starscreamer wrote:Renault: Maldonado & Frijns
Why would Renault/Lotus chose Frijns over Palmer, who has Friday practice experience...

Racer X

Wayne DR wrote:
Starscreamer wrote:Renault: Maldonado & Frijns
Why would Renault/Lotus chose Frijns over Palmer, who has Friday practice experience...

Why would they chose Maldonado...... lol Don't they want to finish more then half the seasons races?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

Racer X wrote:Why would they chose Maldonado...... lol Don't they want to finish more then half the seasons races?
There is only ONE reason Crashdonado is on the grid, and that is the $50 million in PDVSA sponsorship he brings. They don't want him, just his cash!

When you consider that Manor is running at just over $80 million for a season, it is just too much to pass up.

Personally, I would like to see a special "Crashdonado" clause in the Sporting Regs. Whoever has him in their team can run a third pedal powered car especially for him, so they can have two real drivers!

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

langwadt wrote:afaik neither of them really bring any money, but they are much cheaper than Jenson, I guess they could go for Vandoorne
thinking he is faster but until they make the car work that doesn't matter and trying to develop a car with a total rookie seems risky
I think read somewhere that Vandoorne's Contract with Mclaren says if he wins the GP2 Championship, they will get him a drive in 2016.

FW17

If Perez moves to Lotus/Renault F1 for next year it could possibly one of the worst driver pairings for the team. The two of them have absolutely no respect for each other. Don't see them working together.

Sevach
Sevach

Nickel wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:

This is WEC we are talking about, there are many ways to go and no guarantees that Porsche will be leading next year.

WaikeCU

Webber, Button and Hulkenberg in one car would be a mad lineup! :shock: