Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
aral
aral

Re: Silly season 2016

WaikeCU wrote:Webber, Button and Hulkenberg in one car would be a mad lineup! :shock:
would they all fit together? :D

WaikeCU

gilgen wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Webber, Button and Hulkenberg in one car would be a mad lineup! :shock:
would they all fit together? :D
Dunno, all three have their expertise driving Formula cars. I know they certainely have pace when they need to push, but can they conserve the car for 24h.

I wonder if they are similar in size and type of body? That would save lots of time if they don't have to change seats the whole race.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

If I remember correctly the three of them are about 6ft tall. Not sure about weight, etc though.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

basti313
basti313

Is the time for the driver change really crucial for LeMans?
And I really do not think that Porsche will pay another F1 driver. This year clearly showed, that the car with the least issues wins, so where is the benefit? But if they would have this lineup I would guess they split the F1 stars to the three cars.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Racer X

WilliamsF1 wrote:If Perez moves to Lotus/Renault F1 for next year it could possibly one of the worst driver pairings for the team. The two of them have absolutely no respect for each other. Don't see them working together.
It would be horrible Perez is a good driver but Maldonado is a horrible one. We do know they hate each other so we would see a bad personal relationship.

However 80 Million from Maldonado and Perez bringing how much?
That would make Renault have one of the biggest budgets from just its Drivers alone.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/09/h ... -mercedes/
According to this Article if Sergio leaves then Wehrlein is likely to drive for Force India as part of a Mercedes deal with the squad.

Then you have these 2 differing new Articles
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120945
This one says he stays in Force India

This one says hes set to move to Renault.
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/f1 ... ean-092215
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NathanOlder

Perez confirmed by Force India to stay for 2016. From the Force India official website
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Yup, Perez is staying with FI for 2016. https://instagram.com/p/7_O_fyuab7/?tak ... checoperez
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Racer X

Sergio Perez and Hulk will race for Force India in 2016 its now official. So AutoSport was right when they said this would happen. Tho to be honest most of us expected this and even Sergio hinted at this and only some people believed it was a bluff. Well i like Force India the way it is so this is good as a Force India fan.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Phil

I'm glad we'll see Hulk for another year.

I'm still very weary of McLaren-Honda and Alonso/Button. I can't help but feel, if Button leaves, Alonso will be out sooner than later too (assuming they stay as competitive as they are).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:I'm glad we'll see Hulk for another year.

I'm still very weary of McLaren-Honda and Alonso/Button. I can't help but feel, if Button leaves, Alonso will be out sooner than later too (assuming they stay as competitive as they are).
I think McLaren and Honda are both too accomplished to be this far back again next year. Reason? Well, Ferrari were in supposed turmoil last year, a lot of it was true but we saw them make a big leap this year. I think, Honda understand a majority of their issues and a lot of things they can't change because of the regulations. Their deployment issues are also well documented and I expect them to sort that out by next year. If Ferrari can do it, they can draw motivation from that. To be absolutely realistic, I think they will be regular points scorers next year (Williams level this year), but in the hands of Alo & But, the pair might snag an additional few podiums and a surprise win.

If I were Honda/McLaren I would plead Jenson to NOT leave. It's hard to find good drivers. Even harder to find good drivers who are good blokes.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

ScottB
ScottB

Schuttelberg wrote:

I think McLaren and Honda are both too accomplished to be this far back again next year. Reason? Well, Ferrari were in supposed turmoil last year, a lot of it was true but we saw them make a big leap this year. I think, Honda understand a majority of their issues and a lot of things they can't change because of the regulations. Their deployment issues are also well documented and I expect them to sort that out by next year. If Ferrari can do it, they can draw motivation from that. To be absolutely realistic, I think they will be regular points scorers next year (Williams level this year), but in the hands of Alo & But, the pair might snag an additional few podiums and a surprise win.

If I were Honda/McLaren I would plead Jenson to NOT leave. It's hard to find good drivers. Even harder to find good drivers who are good blokes.
While that's true, Renault managed to go backwards...

From the sounds of Jenson's interview on the BBC site, he'll stay on if they are going to be competitive, but will leave if they aren't. So I guess it's whether they can convince him that things will be a lot better next year.

ME4ME

Schuttelberg wrote:If I were Honda/McLaren I would plead Jenson to NOT leave. It's hard to find good drivers. Even harder to find good drivers who are good blokes.
What? They've got Magnussen who about matched Jenson in his rookie year. They got Vandoorne lined-up who is as talented if not more talented than Magnussen. Then there is the slight chance of the four Red Bull drivers being without a job next year. And it's not as if they're going to challenge for the championship: this year they might as well haven let Magnussen drive.

Sevach
Sevach

Schuttelberg wrote:

I'm unconvinced by Honda, Honda seems to have this cultural thing that stops them from hiring expertise from their rivals, i don't see them becoming fully competitive in the near future honestly.

They should look out for Renault, if Renault has a half decent car next year, Alonso will start to get agitated imo.

WaikeCU

Joleon Palmer at Lotus next season alongside Maldonado? I could see it happening, after all he has a lot of outings on Fridays this season.

PlatinumZealot

Jolyon brings bags of cash too. Those jolly bags of cash is what is pushing grosjean out of his seat to scramble for haas. The jolly bags were in renaults calculations but nor driver quality. I dont think they will do well next year even if the car is on par with williams.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏