Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Silly season 2016

i never enjoyed seeing magnussen @ mclaren.
after all he only got there because whitmarsh somehow screwd up a contractual agreement,
which resulted in perez getting the boot.
so really, it was perez who shouldá stayed there but well the past is the past.

i did not see anything special in magnussens career up to that point untill the season got off.
to be honest, i think he did not just fairly decent, he did a pretty well done of a job. the only
problem imho is that the expectations people had of him were out of reality's realms, and then
the rediculous ron demands towards him retaining the seat were enough to well crack a driver.

i personally dont think Mclaren is the place to be as a newcomer/rookie, exclusions do exist, but
well......

i would rather enjoy seeing magnussen @ renault. 1) because pastor is just trash now.
but then again, i dont want to 'settle' with magnussen, maldonado, stevens and rossi type of drivers.

f1 belongs to verstappens, hamiltons, alonsos, rosbergs, bianchis.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

langwadt
langwadt

Manoah2u wrote:i never enjoyed seeing magnussen @ mclaren.
after all he only got there because whitmarsh somehow screwd up a contractual agreement,
which resulted in perez getting the boot.
so really, it was perez who shouldá stayed there but well the past is the past.

i did not see anything special in magnussens career up to that point untill the season got off.
to be honest, i think he did not just fairly decent, he did a pretty well done of a job. the only
problem imho is that the expectations people had of him were out of reality's realms, and then
the rediculous ron demands towards him retaining the seat were enough to well crack a driver.

i personally dont think Mclaren is the place to be as a newcomer/rookie, exclusions do exist, but
well......
Did Ron ever say what he wanted from Magnussen to keep his seat?

I doubt either of the Magnussens will be sending Ron any xmas cards ;)

PlatinumZealot

If some reports are to believed, in the beginning Ron wanted him and fought against the other shareholders to keep him. Then by a few races in the shine wore off and Ron finally agreed to push Kevin out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racer X

So right now the rumors are that PDVSA hast not made payments. So I'm guessing their giving him time to pay since the season hasn't arrived at the first race yet. Maybe to avoid legal issues'? I'm glad Venezuela isn't giving him money anymore politically I'm not sure if the new opposition party to Hugo Chaves will give Pastor Maldonado money to go around playing Formula 1 racer. I mean their country is suffering and their people can't get proper suppliers for key things such as rice and beans because they don't have the appropriate funds to buy the imports they need. The sad thing is they do have funds but the money was being given to the already rich. So I'm not sure the people who just worked soo hard for decades to get rid of Hugo Chaves and his minions are going to keep giving to the same people Hugo would give to.

I think RENAULT isn't going to get their payment. So RENAULT might just be waiting to see what happens but I'm sure they have some one lined up. Maybe its Kevin I hope it's some one good I just hope Venezuela doesn't give the money they need to feed their people to an Idiot who's just going to crash half the races he drives in and do shitty the other half he does finish'.... Looking at the state of his people and how he spends his nations money wasting it the way he drives he should be ashamed.
He probably knows he's got no talent which is why he pushes as hard as he does and then crashes. He's not fit to drive with the Drivers on grid...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FrukostScones

Racer X wrote:So right now the rumors are that PDVSA hast not made payments. So I'm guessing their giving him time to pay since the season hasn't arrived at the first race yet. Maybe to avoid legal issues'? I'm glad Venezuela isn't giving him money anymore politically I'm not sure if the new opposition party to Hugo Chaves will give Pastor Maldonado money to go around playing Formula 1 racer. I mean their country is suffering and their people can't get proper suppliers for key things such as rice and beans because they don't have the appropriate funds to buy the imports they need. The sad thing is they do have funds but the money was being given to the already rich. So I'm not sure the people who just worked soo hard for decades to get rid of Hugo Chaves and his minions are going to keep giving to the same people Hugo would give to.

I think RENAULT isn't going to get their payment. So RENAULT might just be waiting to see what happens but I'm sure they have some one lined up. Maybe its Kevin I hope it's some one good I just hope Venezuela doesn't give the money they need to feed their people to an Idiot who's just going to crash half the races he drives in and do shitty the other half he does finish'.... Looking at the state of his people and how he spends his nations money wasting it the way he drives he should be ashamed.
He probably knows he's got no talent which is why he pushes as hard as he does and then crashes. He's not fit to drive with the Drivers on grid...
LOL, race Winner MAL keeps the Venzuelan children starving. get a grip and keep politics aside on this forum
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Mr Brooksy

Racer X wrote:So right now the rumors are that PDVSA hast not made payments. So I'm guessing their giving him time to pay since the season hasn't arrived at the first race yet. Maybe to avoid legal issues'? I'm glad Venezuela isn't giving him money anymore politically I'm not sure if the new opposition party to Hugo Chaves will give Pastor Maldonado money to go around playing Formula 1 racer. I mean their country is suffering and their people can't get proper suppliers for key things such as rice and beans because they don't have the appropriate funds to buy the imports they need. The sad thing is they do have funds but the money was being given to the already rich. So I'm not sure the people who just worked soo hard for decades to get rid of Hugo Chaves and his minions are going to keep giving to the same people Hugo would give to.

It is off topic, but I fell it needs saying...

Maldonado could learn a LOT from one A. Senna! His sense of responsibility to his home land Brazil is inspiring, even to someone who preferred N. Mansell and A. Prost at the time. I guess that's the difference isn't it, between someone who feels everyone owes him something vs someone who feels he owes his country(men) something.

Bring on KMag and Palmer at Renault in 2016!
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

FrukostScones

sooo, after MAL is prob. history soon :cry: ... Renault is on the route to ALO MAG in the near future?
(o c only if Honda underdelivers again massively, chassis wise I 'd rate McLAren much higher then Enstone; also in 2017)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Racer X

Mr Brooksy wrote: It is off topic, but I fell it needs saying...

Maldonado could learn a LOT from one A. Senna! His sense of responsibility to his home land Brazil is inspiring, even to someone who preferred N. Mansell and A. Prost at the time. I guess that's the difference isn't it, between someone who feels everyone owes him something vs someone who feels he owes his country(men) something.

Bring on KMag and Palmer at Renault in 2016!
I knew what I was saying was kind off topic but it's relevant in the sense that I don't think the NEW Venezuelan Government is going to make that payment.
So RENAULT will either chose to keep Pastor for Free or get another driver. I don't think anyone would give Maldonado a free ride tho. Let alone RENAULT...

GoranF1
GoranF1

FrukostScones wrote:sooo, after MAL is prob. history soon :cry: ... Renault is on the route to ALO MAG in the near future?
(o c only if Honda underdelivers again massively, chassis wise I 'd rate McLAren much higher then Enstone; also in 2017)
Alonso will join Renault in 2018 after winning a title whit McHonda in 2017.
He will then win 1 more title whit Enstone.
Vettel will cry for 17 days and nigts.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Joseki
Joseki

GoranF1 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:sooo, after MAL is prob. history soon :cry: ... Renault is on the route to ALO MAG in the near future?
If McLaren-Honda will be a WCC car in 2017 I don't see Alonso going nowhere in 2018. If it's not I see him in WEC since he really wants to win at Le Mans.

Racer X

Joseki wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
If McLaren-Honda will be a WCC car in 2017 I don't see Alonso going nowhere in 2018. If it's not I see him in WEC since he really wants to win at Le Mans.

I was about to say the same thing if Honda win in 2017 you don't leave to Renault.

ringo

As bad as Maldonado is, i much prefer seeing him in the Renault than Magnussen. Pastor crashes but he is exciting to watch and can put on a stellar performance once in a blue moon. I can't say the same for Kevin.
If anyone should replace Maldonado it should be Jean Eric Vergne.
For Sure!!

djos

ringo wrote:As bad as Maldonado is, i much prefer seeing him in the Renault than Magnussen. Pastor crashes but he is exciting to watch and can put on a stellar performance once in a blue moon. I can't say the same for Kevin.
If anyone should replace Maldonado it should be Jean Eric Vergne.
C'mon ringo, JEV has been in a spec series for 2 seasons and has a pair of 7th places as best results, TR where right to dump him.
"In downforce we trust"

Italiano
Italiano

GoranF1 wrote:
My god you're annoying. Like, seriously intrusive. With very little to contribute to actual topics.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

wickedz50
wickedz50

GoranF1 wrote:
Are you dreaming mann? why will Vettel cry, the way you are soothsaying it should be Vettel who will be Champion in 2016.