Stoddard is coming back.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Stoddard is coming back.

Holy jumping winged frogs, Paul Stoddard is going to enter a new team in 2008.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=113514

jezzwa

New team eh... :?: why did he sell in the first place then :?:
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

manchild
manchild

Max will be happy :lol:

Welcome back Stoddy! \:D/

vyselegend

Someone knows if the team will keep the minardi name or have a new one? He sold the team i know, but it would be great to see a minardi again.

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2341

The name of the team will be: European Minardi F1 Team Limited.
I don't like the name! It's way too long!
Perhaps they will change him later :?
Last edited by Principessa on 28 Mar 2006, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Yes, the Minardi name will once again grace F1.
"I've lodged myself an entry as European Minardi F1 team Limited," the Australian aviation entrepreneur told Reuters on Tuesday.

Sodder
Sodder

From the news by date:

Paul Stoddart, the former Minardi F1 Team owner, will return in the paddock in 2008. Stoddart revealed today that he has submitted the 'European Minardi F1 Team Limited' for the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Welcome back Stoddy!

Edit: Just beaten out by Mr. Killens.....dang...
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

vyselegend

LOL. Just "Minardi F1 team" would have be enough for me, but at least the name is here. :wink:

Tp
Tp

'European Minardi F1 Team Limited'

HAHAHA - Minardi will do just fine...

....What if they have an engine manufacturer on top of that! 'European Minardi-Cosworth F1 Team Limited'

:D ...At least Stoddart's back :D

m3_lover

Paul says this

"We've got the cars we ran in Melbourne last year, we've got the team and we've got the facility."

I thuoght he sold the cars and the facility to Red Bull?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

m3_lover wrote:I thuoght he sold the cars and the facility to Red Bull?
Minardi is still in the Euro 3000 series, so perhaps Stoddart is refering to that facility?

JimmyK
JimmyK

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

I really did like Minardi.
Though I don't want to get my hopes up that much as it seems possible that he could be beaten to the (supposedly) final spot on the grid.

Steven
Owner

Paul Stoddart wrote:We've got the cars we ran in Melbourne last year, we've got the team and we've got the facility.
Now if he's referring to those old Minardi PS04 cars, he is not going to be on pole in 2008 ;) . He probably only sold those new PS05 cars and kept the older ones for himself.

The facilities in Faenza are indeed as far as I know now used by Toro Rosso, so all that's left is the F3000 stuff. However I think the facilities there are property of GP Racing, rather than Minardi. More can be found here:
http://www.forzaminardi.com/modules.php ... le&sid=623

JimmyK
JimmyK

Now if he's referring to those old Minardi PS04 cars
Dear Lord, no!
They weren't exactly competative when they were initially turned into 2005 spec. Imagine what the pace would be like with the 2008 specs.

Myself, I always thought the PS05 was underrated, it was on Bridgestones in 2005 (though it shone in that soaking wet qualifying, can't remember which one) and it did occasionally give the Red Bulls a challenge.

West
West

I think Super Aguri is the new Minardi.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements