Stoddard is coming back.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

SA is worse than Minardi IMHO.

I think the 'Limited' is important, although I hope they do well :D

We wouldn't like them as much if they were always near the front.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

My question is about the "Minardi" name... did he kept the license to use it? It will be nicer to fans than an "European Stoddard F1 Team Limited" indeed!

jaslfc
jaslfc

on the local news last night, they interviewed stodart. the reason why he is coming back to formula 1 is that with a budget if 100 million, he feels with the new regulations he will be able to run a fairly competitive car. thats one reason why he is coming back.

Venom
Venom

He's probably entering because the "engine freeze" rule will cut down the costs and enable him to compete with other teams. The money that would normaly go towards the engine development fees would be spent on aerodynamics and chassis development etc.

It makes sense.

Welcome back Stoddard :)

emburmak
emburmak

As the man said if it in the $100milion range he will kick some ass! 8)

West
West

I dunno... even if budgets froze at $100 million he will still only get $40 million.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

jezzwa

I believe Stoddart still owns the team's old factory in Ledbury so i guess they will be based there anyone else got any ideas?
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

ketanpaul

Stoddy is an invaluable asset to F1. Welcome back mate !!!

Spencifer_Murphy

Fantastic news! WE NEED Chrarcters like him, he speaks his mind. I really like him, so passionate. He's great. Welcome back Stoddy!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Ted68

I read somewhere that Eddie Jordan may also return? Lotus, too?

Williams, Minardi, Jordan, Lotus against the big factory teams. Rather like the FISA/FOCA war of the early eighties. Too bad we can't have Ken Tyrrell and Jack Brabham back.

Might be fun.

Ted

Jason

Ted68 wrote:I read somewhere that Eddie Jordan may also return? Lotus, too?

Williams, Minardi, Jordan, Lotus against the big factory teams. Rather like the FISA/FOCA war of the early eighties. Too bad we can't have Ken Tyrrell and Jack Brabham back.

Might be fun.

Ted
Well.....Jack Brabham can return to F1 as a spectactor or anything he can do. It would be nice if Lotus can be lead by Colin Chapman, but I don't think Tyrell would be returning as i have not heard any news about them. In certain Stoddy would be coming back.

Welcome back =D>
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Ted68

Hey Jason/Asser/Vincent whatever name you're using today, my point was that it would be nice to see some strong independents give the big corporate teams a run. Personality vs. Bankroll. Which is how we came to have the concorde agreement to begin with.

So it's rather ironic that at it's end...nevermind

But thanks for setting me straight, you little prick,
Ted

manchild
manchild

Jason wrote:Well.....Jack Brabham can return to F1 as a spectactor or anything he can do. It would be nice if Lotus can be lead by Colin Chapman, but I don't think Tyrell would be returning as i have not heard any news about them. In certain Stoddy would be coming back.
Tyrell was bought out by BAR just like Jordan was bought by Midland.

jaslfc
jaslfc

maybe with renault and now toyota rumoured to exit f1.. we can see some of this people come in. i really hope when priveteers come in they are able to match the performance of the manufacturers or not there will be a two tier championship