2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Worried for Hamilton. He needs to stamp his authority here in front of the home crowd. I will be devastated if Rosberg beats him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Juzh

PlatinumZealot wrote:I will be devastated if Rosberg beats him.
I hope he gets rekt. For the sake of championship.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Im not a fan of rosberg but i sure do hope he gives HAM a run for his money if the ferraris cant.

It looks like FI are running the same nose from testing huh? Did anyone determine how its legal?

Its interesting to see Kvyat set a faster time than RIC while he was on the hards. I wonder how that will play into strategy.

It was awesome to see manor getting some sponsorship! They also appeared to have a list of names on the car...is that the team? Maybe investors?

CevertF1
CevertF1

Juzh wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I will be devastated if Rosberg beats him.
I hope he gets rekt. For the sake of championship.
I don't want to see him wrecked, I don't like seeing crashes, I just hope he doesn't win. :)

gray41

2nd is still ok for Lewis, would still have the points lead. It might also give him some motivation to get back on it like he was in the first 6GPs.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Jordan44

gray41 wrote:2nd is still ok for Lewis, would still have the points lead. It might also give him some motivation to get back on it like he was in the first 6GPs.
It might be okay for you but it's not for me, I've paid to go there and see him win. 2014 is the only grand prix I haven't attended in recent years and it's the one he won [-o<

Austria should have been enough motivation, as he was beaten fair and square. It's only practise anyway. Hamilton had a mediocre Friday in 2013 and then smashed it.

Phil

I'm with you J0rd4n. I'll be keeping the fingers crossed for Lewis. Hope he pulls it together. (I'm not going to be at the GP). [-o<
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

F1NAC

I wonder if Ferrari was doing runs with a bit more fuel than usual like Maurizio "ordered"

godlameroso

What kind of lap times where teams doing on their long runs? Last year race winner was averaging 1:38 laps in the race, so I expect them to have a similar race pace for Sunday, maybe about half a second faster.
Saishū kōnā

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I really don't like this feeling, when Rosberg is pretty confident and he has the good settings he can match easily with a Lewis in doubt.
Also, I dream maybe be but with the weather, we can expect 30° for the Sunday race I think with those parameters Ferrari can match with the Merc no ?
Tbh I think Lewis will be really angry if he lose and he will wake up, furthermore the next track is Budapest certainely the most sucessful track of Hamilton. So Lewis always make the difference in the second part of the season because he's more comfortable, he feel better, on track like Monza, Austin, Abu Dhabi, Russia, who are really like by him. And the end of the first part of the season is always the time when Rodberg is quite high, with some shitty race like Spain, Austria, and like every year the German Hold-Up at Monaco. So the LH supporter need to be patient and looking forward to the second half of the season.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

godlameroso wrote:What kind of lap times where teams doing on their long runs? Last year race winner was averaging 1:38 laps in the race, so I expect them to have a similar race pace for Sunday, maybe about half a second faster.
Merc request for high 38 at the radio, but Lewis Hamilton turn in +1.39 and he struggle with a car "who move everywhere", at the same time Rosberg turn about low 1.38 with some 1.37.8/9, hos overall pace was 1sec faster than Hamilton.

SiLo

Spoutnik wrote:
godlameroso wrote:What kind of lap times where teams doing on their long runs? Last year race winner was averaging 1:38 laps in the race, so I expect them to have a similar race pace for Sunday, maybe about half a second faster.
Merc request for high 38 at the radio, but Lewis Hamilton turn in +1.39 and he struggle with a car "who move everywhere", at the same time Rosberg turn about low 1.38 with some 1.37.8/9, hos overall pace was 1sec faster than Hamilton.
Very odd that they differed so much. Rosberg clearly got it hooked up in that sweet spot straight away. Hopefully Hamilton sorts it out tomorrow otherwise this race might turn out to be a little boring 1-2.
Felipe Baby!

evered7
evered7

Kvyat's lap times look very strong as well. Not sure if they ran with fumes or Kvyat really is on fire. Challenge for Ferrari for the podium might come from RB for a change here is my guess.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Lewis need to find the good settings/setup, he had some understeer trought the fast curve, then the Merc of Rosberg was really neutral, good balance, stable, but little bit less top speed. I think Lewis on one lap can outperform Rosberg obviously but in race pace he's out, and with this overall pace the Ferrari can eat him. (If I refer only on the FP1/2)

About the challenge for the podium let's be honest, maybe maybe the Red Bull can outperform the Ferrari on a hot lap but in race pace this is over, furthermore the Red Bull boys need to lif and coast, and save some fuel, more than the Ferrari. And on race pace I think the Toro Rosso outperform the Red Bull. The challenge of the race will be Fi vs Williams.

EDIT : So inapprehensible .. http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... p-practice

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

sgth0mas wrote:...

It looks like FI are running the same nose from testing huh? Did anyone determine how its legal?

...?
It's mentioned in the VMJ08 thread. Pretty clever and actually a simple geometry once you see how it is done :D