2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
gray41

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

What was Rosbergs issue in FP3?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Fantastic lap from Lewis, he made the gap in the sector 2 !
So if I translate his post-qualy itw, he said "that night we've found a really good setup for the race, but not specially for the qualifying"
The race will be close between themselve, but the gap between the Merc and the rest of the field is impressive, 1sec ahead of Massa :o
Last edited by Spoutnik on 04 Jul 2015, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Moose
Moose

gray41 wrote:What was Rosbergs issue in FP3?
Not being as fast as Hamilton.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Also the Ferrari performance is quit bad, like I said most of their advantage is from a good engine that's why they are nowhere in se second sector.
I think the race will be really difficult for them, because they can't pass the two Williams at the start, and Hulkenberg in race pace is'nt far away I think like the TR/RB boy if they made a strategy mistake.

Juzh

Spoutnik wrote:Also the Ferrari performance is quit bad, like I said most of their advantage is from a good engine that's why they are nowhere in se second sector.
I think the race will be really difficult for them, because they can't pass the two Williams at the start, and Hulkenberg in race pace is'nt far away I think like the TR/RB boy if they made a strategy mistake.
Good engine compared to what? Renault? honda? Merc is still comfortably in front.

SectorOne

I think the horsepower gap to Mercedes is extremely overrated. In terms of comparing Ferrari and Mercedes.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

GPR-A duplicate2

SiLo wrote:I prefer it this way, keeps people on their toes.

Hamilton really has turned it around in qualifying this year. Putting in the lap the first time instead of needing a second lap to do it.
Courtesy Monaco 2014.

lebesset
lebesset

big change in wind direction for Q3 explains why everyone [ except massa who had a poor first run ] was slower on their second run
Last edited by lebesset on 04 Jul 2015, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Vasconia

Sevach wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Oh Pirelli.. can you please make a tire at least once that isn´t super ultra insanely sensitive to temps?
That was weird...

Still, Massa managed improve somehow.
I think he has been the only one.

This annoys me, I was expecting Nico to make a better lap but this change has ruined the Q3. Thank you Pirelli.

And what the hell happens with Ferrari? they said the car was bad at slow corners but good with the faster ones, but they seem out of place here.

Great job by Sainz! once again! =D>

Hulkenberg too, come on Ferrari you have your new driver, just do it.

Pierce89

SectorOne wrote:I think the horsepower gap to Mercedes is extremely overrated. In terms of comparing Ferrari and Mercedes.
I personally believe that Merc has somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 hp on Ferrari peak, while their real advantage comes in the form of average hp. Merc still has more power more of the time.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

SilverArrow10

As well as Red Bull's problem being as much chassis related as it is engine related, everyone at Red bull just using the easy scapegoat.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

lebesset
lebesset

SilverArrow10 wrote:As well as Red Bull's problem being as much chassis related as it is engine related, everyone at Red bull just using the easy scapegoat.
next thing horner will be saying is that TR are getting better engines !
Last edited by lebesset on 04 Jul 2015, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

zeph
zeph

Massa ahead of Bottas, Raikkonen ahead of Vettel, I am pleased. I expected Lotus to be faster.

As for McLaren, clearly, Obama is to blame for this.

SectorOne

Thanks to @Albert Fabrega

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Andres125sx

McHonda 20km/h down.... and slower than 2014 Ferrari engines!!! :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry: