Yuji Ide

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
greenpower dude reloaded

what annoys me is how they could have had a much better driver in the 2nd car i.e. Firman or Davidson but unfortunately they opted for an all jap line up which i can understand but i can't help but get feeling there are probably better japanese drivers however as an Aguri supporter i wish him the best of luck and i dunno about you lot but im certainly looking forward to seeing the SA06!! :D especially after satos performance today!

m3_lover

If Davidson went I think it would have wrecked or tarnish his name in F1. He was offered but he did decline it because he knew he would not have a competitive car to drive this year with super aguri
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

Davidson, yes, Parfit yes, Wurz yes, Firman..... No never seen anything good come from him
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

greenpower dude reloaded

all i mean't was Firman does very well for Aguri in Super GT already has a super licence and may have been able to bring a little bit of experience with him. Compared to Ide he knows a lot more about F1.

as for davidson i would have loved to have seen him get a race seat because atm i can't see where he's gonna find one he's a good driver just needs the oppertunity to shine. and you all saw the race today who knows how competitve the SA06 could be....

Sawtooth-spike

oh right, i get you.

i think the 2nd driver choice was a statment of to japan rather than anything to do with looking good on track.

I dont think ide should really be out there, maybe he could be a test driver till he learns abit more.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

m3_lover

I say Ide should be the test driver and give franck montangy the chance to drive the car, he did test for renault for two seasons.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

dumrick
dumrick

Indeed, Montagny is a fast driver and has already big experience in F1 (in testing duties). It's already under contract of SA, so it would be very easy to solve the Ide problem... if they felt they had one, that is.

DR_K13

manchild wrote:Wow!

I think you're the biggest "insider" we ever had on this forum when it matters drivers. Are you still competing in some series?
Wow!

Take your elitist attitude and shove it.
lol internets

jaslfc
jaslfc

there is tons of great drivers out there. but many of them wouldnt risk a competitive drive in cart or indy or even a test seat in a big team for super aguri. but i feel its all political. they just want an all japanese team