[KVRC] Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
machin

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

variante wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:I've got years and years of RE in hard copy. The wife bitches all time about all the space they take up.
Those aerobytes are an excellent reason to fill your house with paper!
Last year I decided to "digitise" 13 years worth of RE.... which essentially meant using a sheet of glass to press the magazine flat and then take a picture of the two pages...... I can tell you: after that day I was very tired of lifting up the glass sheet and turning pages!!!! (The camera was on a tripod thankfully!)....
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

Is there any news or update about Race01 and Race02? If a race will be scheduled in the next three weeks I'm going to send Chris a car by email tomorrow. It is a "safe" compromise with pressure resultant about two times of the required value to avoid any problem. If the next race will not be scheduled in the next three weeks, will submit the car when I will be back on July.

By the way: I am quite worried about the absence of news about the latest race and the next.

etsmc
etsmc

latest updates to my car development is here
https://mercurymotorsport.wordpress.com ... nd-2-cont/

CAEdevice

etsmc wrote:latest updates to my car development is here
Well done. I like these development blogs (yours, Machin's, MadMatt's, Mantiums articles ...).

In case the KVRC will not re-start we should think about a way to collect all that material.

RicME85

:( what about mine? :(

Of course KVRC will restart, its just Julien is in a bind with his PC issues, got to give the guy a chance to sort it whilst carrying on with life, not like we have paid for the entry no is it the sole thing in our lives.

CAEdevice

RicME85 wrote::( what about mine? :(

Of course KVRC will restart, its just Julien is in a bind with his PC issues, got to give the guy a chance to sort it whilst carrying on with life, not like we have paid for the entry no is it the sole thing in our lives.
Sorry!!! Yours is the most complete. I appreciated the final revision of your 2015 car.

RicME85

CAEdevice wrote:...
I have tried to be as open as possible with the write ups, like with the thread with Machin, its for the good of the competition if there is plenty of information being shared.

I have Competition Car Downforce and Competition Car Aerodynamics sat on my desk which I have made a start on. I have taken the airfoil profiles from the back of the CCD book and reproduced them in Sketchup so I can test them out on my car.

Need to go through Aerobytes too and produce a PDF with all the data so I have plenty of reading material when in hospital (should of had the surgery the other week but the idiots didnt realise the day I was due to be admitted was a Bank Holiday here so had to postpone, still got no new date).

LVDH

etsmc wrote:latest updates to my car development is here
Good work. Took a look at the flow and improved it.
It would be cool to have two totally comparable simulations. But what you show looks reasonable.
=D>

CAEdevice

I have just submitted my car (by email, since the official website is still showing Race01 resubmission form).
The car is similar to that one I posted two or three pages above, with some small winglets (and a bigger one ) added to adapt the setup to Monaco.

I will be out of office for a couple of weeks, so I will read the forum as a spectator for a while :)

CAEdevice

Hi, are you all still there?

Alonso Fan

Still here matteo!

I'm currently in the process of making changes to my car, since my exams are over. Some parts of bodywork needed fitting properly inside the legal bodywork volume, and there were some minor issues with the cooling inlets and exhaust outlet which I'm sorting out. I also need to change the front support structure and sidepods because they were deemed as minor issues. The aero on the car will mostly be kept the same for now since my first priority is making the car watertight and fully legal, and hopefully getting some simulations under my belt.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

I am glad to read that you are still working on your car. I have a couple of ideas that I am going to test when I will be back to office.

Meanwhile I think that we would need some words from Julien. I appreciate the great work he has done for the KVRC and it is ok if he decides to pause the races for any reason, but I would prefer to have an idea of the new timing (no matter if the races will be scheduled in a week, a month or... never).

Alonso Fan

I completely agree
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

HP-Racing
HP-Racing

Hi,

We thought we'd liven up the thread by sharing a picture of the current iteration our car. It's not 100% legal right now and might look completely different for the actual race because we're testing a few new parts. At the moment we're looking for more front end downforce for monaco, without ruining the cooling differential.

HP-Racing

LVDH

That is one good looking car. Once I did an experiment with a small wing behind the cockpit as well. It did not work very well. Did you guys test yours?