Australia's Driver of the Day

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Australia's Driver of the Day

I would have to say that Fernando gets my drive of the day, he was really aggressive at the start and then played defensive for the rest of the race. But I like to make a mention that JV did a hell of a job out there.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

zac510
zac510

Australia's Driver of the Day is undoubtedly the only Australian driver, Mark Webber :)

vyselegend

I agree for fernando, but today's most spectacular come back were fisichella from 22 to 5 and jacques from 19 to 6!
Definitly not Jenson's day!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

My vote goes to Alonso, he just plain stunk the place up. Once he pulled off a textbook pass on Button, he made himself untouchable, despite all the safety cars. He didn't do anything wrong all day, easily outperformed his teammate, and made a win look easy.

jaslfc
jaslfc

it has to go to alonso. second place is to jv..but lets not forget ralf shumacher.. he managed a podium even though he did a drive through penalty

Jason

Heifeld, Ralf, JB(sadly he retired on the last lap) and Rubens :P and Scott Speed(Speed done a really good job but sadly a 25-seconds penalty hand STR's first WCP to David) :oops:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Inside Line
Inside Line

dave,

alonsa even said "this is easy" to his pit crew in the closing laps while kimmi was trying his hardest to chase him down. fernando's pit crew responded
"we're chillin here too".

renault looks miles ahead with racy cars and a racy driver. i hope they don't end up regretting pushing alonso back in sepang.

pip

Principessa

Well, of course Alonso did a very good job again, but my driver of the day in Australia award goes to: JACQUES VILLENEUVE!

johny

mine goes to alonso, a WDC drive

Jason

Comfirmation of my driver of the day goes to....1st......SCOTT SPEED!!!!! =D> (25-second penalty would hurt him badly for sure)

and the loser of the day in my opinion is.....JB :-({|= (just a joke, he already done his best :wink: )
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Tom

Mine goes to Mr Schumacher, M. For a fantastic effort to try and prove he is human.

Yeah right. We've all seen Brawn plug in the recharger at pitstops.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

ketanpaul

Well I know I am in minority here but the my votw goes to Kimi. He really did try his best to close in on Alonso. Remember he set the fastest lap on the last lap.
Even Sato did a good job keeping Rubens behind for quite a while

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Alonso for sure, he was untouchable despite all the safety car(though Midland's slow restart helps.... :roll: )

Sato get a mention, he was doing well to keep Rubens behind him for so long, but then again, if Barrichello has brake issue, it certainly will be hard to pass someone, you can't pass someone you can't outbrake....

johny

the fact is that SA have done a little of racing

Steven
Owner

ketanpaul wrote:Well I know I am in minority here but the my votw goes to Kimi. He really did try his best to close in on Alonso. Remember he set the fastest lap on the last lap...
That my friend is exactly why I would not want him in my team. Fernando set the fastest lap like 6 laps earlier and after that decreased his pace to save his engine. Kimi didn't appear to realise that and thought Alonso was in trouble. It's all very nice, but what if his Mercedes blows in Imola?

So, drive of the day, shared for Alonso and Villeneuve