Whats up with Rubens Barichello

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jgredline

Whats up with Rubens Barichello

Many of us laugh and count how many times button chokes and can't seem to get that 1st win, but i thought Rubens was going to put the smack down on Jenson this season but am realizing how good that Ferrari trully was in years past. Last Year Michael Shumacher gave him the smack down when the car was not good .:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Maybe Rubens should go to CART or the IRL. Then again he will get the smack down there also.
To finish first, first you must finish.

j4kwan
j4kwan

that may be true...RB might just SUCK...a great driver should be able to pilot any racer. Look at Alonso and Minardi! Heidfeld with Sauber and Williams ! Michael with ... well... all his racers!!

I would have thought that RB might at least help Honda with SOME points scoring...but so far...he's no better than Taku Sato. Well actually, Taku would have probably scored points by now considering he's USED TO driving the Honda racers.

Bring back TAKU!! hahaha - well...maybe not.

Jason

Rubens is slow this year because the Honda car does'nt suit he driving style, and aslo suffering from losing 3rd gear in Bahrain. Yes he is slow but he can be fast if Honda makes a car that suits he driving style, maybe the sterring buttons don't suit him, or the sterring shape does'nt suit him. :roll:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

ketanpaul

I completely agree guys....maybe Honda should had given the seat to Davidson. He is an amazing, spectacular, fast, and a really neat driver !!!!!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Some drivers just can't jump from one car to another without some time to get used to them. JV is another example. But DC went from a great Mclaren to a lesser (jag) Red Bull, and immediately was spectacular. So the rule isn't universal, just that some older drivers used to a different car have to re-learn a lot.
p.s. It took Shu a couple of years when he initially went to Ferrari to build a car that suited his driving style.

But Reubens is a proven commodity, very experienced in the race, and will bring positive gains to Honda once he comes to terms with the new car.

jaslfc
jaslfc

it seems he has problems with the trottle and the tc. murray warlker said it could be because rubens have problems with left foot braking in the honda.. i think they should give him at least 3 more races .. but if he is still struggling.. u gotta give anthony davidson a chance!

m3_lover

I dont know why the car has not suited his style, he had a month (January) to test out the car and sort out the problems to the car. I do have agree with jaslfc, give him 3 more races, if he has not better his times and position relative to jenson button I give Davidson the nod and put Rubens as a test driver, but I dont know if that is allowed within the writing of contracts that drivers have.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DR_K13

Rubens has to left foot brake in the honda. He was a right footer in the Ferrari/
lol internets

m3_lover

I know Ferrari made him try left foot braking, he didn't like it and reverted to right foot braking.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jgredline

Wow
I had no idea that anybody in Formula1 OR any major race series still used the right foot for braking. When I used to road race I learned how to left foot brake and in some tracks was worth as much as a second over right foot braking and this was SCCA non pro racing, I could only imagine how much differace it would make in an F1 car. Good thing they no longer use a clutch.
To finish first, first you must finish.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

and for all these RB is getting a cool almost 20 million $ , i guess more than button from honda.............isnt that cool

Jason

ss.vamsikrishna wrote:and for all these RB is getting a cool almost 20 million $ , i guess more than button from honda.............isnt that cool
Are we dicussing about money here???? :roll:

RH1300S
RH1300S

My personal view is that BAR should have posted Davidson in the second seat and used the spare cash to get a really good strategist (like Pat Symonds).

As for Rubens, I didn't expect him to be quicker than Button; despite all the knocking I think Button is a class act. He just needs to unlock the secret of winning, these days drivers need help on the pit wall to do that. MS & FA are both brilliant, but their strategists make brilliant calls for them too - add the two together and you snatch wins from marginal situations.

I also think Rubens is better than we are seeing ATM - I don't think he will be ahead of Button many times (if at all) this year, but he will run him much closer...........BUT he really should be getting on top of the car & tyres by now, he has been testing all winter too don't forget.

Jason

RH1300S wrote:My personal view is that BAR should have posted Davidson in the second seat and used the spare cash to get a really good strategist (like Pat Symonds).

As for Rubens, I didn't expect him to be quicker than Button; despite all the knocking I think Button is a class act. He just needs to unlock the secret of winning, these days drivers need help on the pit wall to do that. MS & FA are both brilliant, but their strategists make brilliant calls for them too - add the two together and you snatch wins from marginal situations.

I also think Rubens is better than we are seeing ATM - I don't think he will be ahead of Button many times (if at all) this year, but he will run him much closer...........BUT he really should be getting on top of the car & tyres by now, he has been testing all winter too don't forget.
I agree with Davidson holding the second seat and JB leading the team, only one thing Rubens is different from JB, JB is the smoothest driver on the grid(like a million times people say that)as Rubens is not as smooth as JB. And I agree money should be given to strategiest like Pat Symonds. But I 38% expect Rubens to be quicker than JB, Ferrari knew Rubens well because he has been with the team since 2000. He moved to Honda because he does'nt want to be over-shadowed by Schumi all the time in races.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Mr Jason , money is everything and very important ,if honda need not pay so much to davidson and they can put that in the development of the car's
R&D ...... it was that simple Mr Jason, it is really pity u cannot understand
this much :D :wink: