2015 Singapore Grand Prix - 18-20 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jordan44

Re: 2015 Singapore Grand Prix - 18-20 September

matt_b wrote:
Juzh wrote:
matt_b wrote:No reliability issues on Sebs car all season, gotta give ferrari respect! Just one week until Suzuka which is another track Seb goes well at. Mercedes not only have to fix their reliability problems but their tyres issues also.
Canada gearbox.
He finished 5th in Canada, I probably should've said race ending reliability issues :)
There is nothing to give them respect about when you look at their reliability for Kimi.

siskue2005

miguelalvesreis wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:And as most of us already knew, Verstappen is a spoiled little......

Why were they asking him to let Sainz pass? Did Sainz let him pass earlier in the race? Missed that movement!
yes

mikeerfol

Tauri_J wrote:Any news what happened with Fred?
Gearbox.

Sevach
Sevach

Any word on Hamilton?

Is the new Mercedes something of a ticking time bomb?

ripper
ripper

Hamilton's problem wasn't related to the PU but with accelerator pedal, so i don't think he's sitting on a bomb

Sevach
Sevach

ripper wrote:Hamilton's problem wasn't related to the PU but with accelerator pedal, so i don't think he's sitting on a bomb
He said the pedal was fine, and they kept trying to find what was wrong.

ringo

Very scruffy race and not much of a challenge from redbull. The safety cars spoiled it for me.
Good race by Vettel and Daniel.

Very bad from Max, saiz could have had a go at Perez.
For Sure!!

evered7
evered7

Jonnycraig wrote:Had Vettel's tyre not exploded, and the FIA not bottled Monza, Vettel would be just 2 points behind in the WDC...

Shows what an incredible job he's done this season.

Would the changes to the tire pressures have come into effect had his tire not exploded though? Not saying this is why Mercs are slower but it would render the second point inconclusive since there wouldn't have been an investigation in the first place.

ripper
ripper

Sevach wrote:
ripper wrote:Hamilton's problem wasn't related to the PU but with accelerator pedal, so i don't think he's sitting on a bomb
Maybe some weird electronic interference?

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Sevach wrote:
They told him over the radio that the battery was flat so sounded more like an ers failure.

Edax
Edax

ringo wrote:Very scruffy race and not much of a challenge from redbull. The safety cars spoiled it for me.
Good race by Vettel and Daniel.

Very bad from Max, Saintz could have had a go at Perez.
Not sure. Verstappen was faster than Sainz. Every time Verstappen passed someone (Maldonado, Grosean, Nasr) he ran away from Sainz, setting faster laps. Sainz only caught up because Verstappen got held up by the next guy. So in that respect I don't think Verstappen was holding Sainz up or Sainz was in a better position to pass.

In any way. If you look at recent history (Vettel, Hamilton, Bottas) this kind of thing might get you some flak, but afterwards they will never ask you again. Do it once and you'll be yielding to team mates until your retirement.

ripper
ripper

On Italian broadcast television (RAI) commentators said he had a problem with the pedal, like if the accelerator butterlfy wasn't totally open when he was full throttle.

RZS10

Just said on Sky in Ted's notebook: Toto said it's not related to the pedal, but something about throttle control inside the engine itself and they don't know yet if it's damaged or not

ringo

Well i think even if it's damaged it may be external to any FIA seals?
Sounds like some kind of mechanical linkage that operates the throttle on the engine itself.

Something tells me Ferrari can win this championship...
For Sure!!

basti313
basti313

Lauda said a cover dropped from the inlet due to a missing screw. This cover blocked the air inlet and, thus, looked like a not working throttle.
Sounds like no problem for the future.
Don`t russel the hamster!