Numbers of Hamilton and Senna

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Re: Numbers of Hamilton and Senna

He needs to stop. Senna would destroy him.

PlatinumZealot

Whoa there. He didn't say he was better than Senna.

Hamilton is merely the baton carrier until the next driver in Senna's spirit comes along.

Almost like the chosen ones. (Like Green Lantern).

The Senna family and the entire Brazil just loves how Lewis drives and how he bigs up Senna all the time. Senna's sister said when she looks into Lewis' eyes she sees the spirit of Aryton.

Now don't get me wrong, Lewis and Senna are two totally different characters, with different style of driving. I think Lewis is a mix of Mansel. Swashbuckling. But not as deliberate as Senna. More of a playful style of aggression. Lewis is a more childish personality too, but I think the connection is how they handle the race.. how they make the win.

8) 8)
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Vettel Maggot wrote:He needs to stop. Senna would destroy him.
I doubt Hamilton would mind at all.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Im sure Lewis would be the first to admit Senna would beat him.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Gaz.
Gaz.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Hamilton is merely the baton carrier until the next driver in Senna's spirit comes along.
Vestappen? He is also very opportunistic & creates opportunities in unusual places like Hamilton has done (imo).

Like you I see both of them with a blend of Mansell about them, just without the exaggeration and false drama. With all three drivers I have found that if the camera is on them, something is about to happen...
Forza Jules

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

To be fair to Mansell, he worked bloody hard to get in to F1 unlike many, including Senna, who had some money behind them. At one point Mansell remortgaged his house to stay in a race seat in a junior formula. Had he failed he could have left his family without a roof over their heads.

He was a moaner at times, but I think he earned the right to be a bit of a drama queen. He was also a racer through and through. When he strapped on a car he was balls-out racing from lights to flag.

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

This is a Hammo fanboy thread so what is the point, but just let Senna and his memory rest, no need for it.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Vettel Maggot wrote:This is a Hammo fanboy thread so what is the point, but just let Senna and his memory rest, no need for it.
agreed about sick of the Hamilton/Senna nonsense

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Then just don't read the thread. Plenty of threads bigging up your preferred team/driver that you can enjoy. So go there and leave this thread alone. Or are you enjoying your hatred so much that you have to stay? :roll:

Seattle
Seattle

I think Lewis might be the fastest (which really impressed me about Nico actually). Jenson had said so many times as well that Lewis is one of the fastest drivers in F1 history. But like PlatinumZealot said, he's childish. I don't think Senna let his head get him out of the game a faction as often as Lewis. Also Lewis seems WAY more self-conscious than Senna. The gap in self-actualization is so huge that I see why the comparisons bother so many people. Imagine Senna in a NYC club singing R&B songs that he wrote. Senna seemed so ascetic-- like a monk whose monastery was the track.

PlatinumZealot

The reason why lewis is so self concious i feel is the times we are in. Social media and public expectations put pressures who the driver must be to get "likes" and promotions, and are often opposing forces. It is a difficult situation for the drivers (or anyone actually). He is doing OK compared to current batch as he seems very relaxed in front of celebrities on the podium and other public figures while still showing a little personality however cringey it is sometimes. Senna and mansel's time was much less demanding in this respect. You could be yourself without so much public scrutiny.

Sennas and outward personalities would not work so well today. Not at all. Too incompatible. Mark Webber was the last of such impressionable personalities that we have seen i thin. his comments and outbursts was fun to watch but it was only acceptible because he was good friends with Christian Horner. If it was only up to Helmut Marko he would have been gone before his time. Sad to say but these drivers are so lame nowadays, Hamilton is probably the only one pushing to the edge with the character thing. Vettel is funny but too "normal." Kimi has calmed down... No more magnums and alcohol in the garage lol and everyone else is just run the mill.. Pc robots.. (bottas i am looking at you!)
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

giantfan10
giantfan10

Just_a_fan wrote:Then just don't read the thread. Plenty of threads bigging up your preferred team/driver that you can enjoy. So go there and leave this thread alone. Or are you enjoying your hatred so much that you have to stay? :roll:
Hatred of what? This isnt about hating any driver.. this is about the Hamilton senna love affair that a large portion of the fan base is sick of hearing Sky beat to death.....wrong person to try to puff up your internet bravado with buddy..

ringo

Seattle wrote:I think Lewis might be the fastest (which really impressed me about Nico actually). Jenson had said so many times as well that Lewis is one of the fastest drivers in F1 history. But like PlatinumZealot said, he's childish. I don't think Senna let his head get him out of the game a faction as often as Lewis. Also Lewis seems WAY more self-conscious than Senna. The gap in self-actualization is so huge that I see why the comparisons bother so many people. Imagine Senna in a NYC club singing R&B songs that he wrote. Senna seemed so ascetic-- like a monk whose monastery was the track.
Senna did let his head get him out of the game pun intended. His feelings are why he crashed into Prost.
I think if Senna was around today, he would be seen as a mad man if he got half the publicity that most notably people get in this pc world.
As for who would beat who.. i don't think Senna could beat Hamilton over a season based on their highlight reels showcasing racing ability. He would outqualify Hamilton most of the time i feel, but i don't think he would outrace him.
I'm not a fanboy, but i believe Hamilton has actually impacted how drivers race nowadays. He came with a fresh approach to dueling and most of the drivers seem to have adopted similar moves.
For Sure!!

GPR-A duplicate2

Vettel Maggot wrote:This is a Hammo fanboy thread so what is the point, but just let Senna and his memory rest, no need for it.
What took you so long to realize this?
Oh, were you searching for a Vettel Vs Schumacher numbers thread? As it doesn't exist, you may create one and call your buddies there. I would join as well. I like Hamilton and Schumacher both. I do respect Vettel and Senna too. It would be fun.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

giantfan10 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Then just don't read the thread. Plenty of threads bigging up your preferred team/driver that you can enjoy. So go there and leave this thread alone. Or are you enjoying your hatred so much that you have to stay? :roll:
Hatred of what? This isnt about hating any driver.. this is about the Hamilton senna love affair that a large portion of the fan base is sick of hearing Sky beat to death.....wrong person to try to puff up your internet bravado with buddy..
No one is making you read this thread so if you're sick of the whole subject why keep coming back to it? I don't understand the motivation.

The real thing is that the media is making much more of this than Hamilton is/has. Senna was his hero when Hamilton was growing up. He always hoped to emulate Senna and now he's done it on a statistical basis and he's happy. I'm not aware of Hamilton ever comparing himself to Senna other than that. The media, on the other hand, have taken the story and inflated it in the ridiculous way they so often do. Perhaps it's because Hamilton has wrapped up the season early and there isn't much else to talk about? I agree that it is annoying in some ways. But this thread was never about that, it was about comparing the statistics; some Hamilton not-fans have suggested Senna would beat Hamilton hands down but most in here didn't take the bait - they actually agreed. Perhaps that annoys not-fans too.

Oh, and I don't "do" internet bravado; I'd be more than happy to say all of this face-to-face. If it's worth typing then it's worth saying directly. If you wouldn't do the latter then don't do the former is my view. 8)