Aguri and MF1 make V10 protest

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DR_K13

Aguri and MF1 make V10 protest

The controversy over Scuderia Toro Rosso’s V10 engines has erupted again after Midland and Super Aguri wrote to the FIA demanding that STR is made ineligible for the constructors’ championship.

linky- http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35491

I think its messed up/ sure they can afford the V8s , but rules are rules.
lol internets

m3_lover

I say let STR have the V10, it makes it more exciting to have another good mid field team in the fold and next year STR will have to run a V8 so one year is not going to kill the other teams. Sure they beat Schumacher in Australia but that was because the Ferrari had problems with putting heat in the tires .
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

West
West

That's the only way Super Aguri will place over anybody.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

johny

the v10 agreement was with the so bad finantial minardi. Will toro rosso have budget problems? the answer is no. They're using rb1, v10 engine, what else you want?

Jason

STR will not go bankrupt since their the B-team of RBR. If RBR can afford 2 teams then they are rich, so STR does not have to worry about money
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

zac510
zac510

It is highly odd that they have not simply asked for a smaller restrictor and greater rev limit on the STR car as I believe they would have a much better chance of getting that done than having STR excluded from the championship!

Tom

I agree with Jason.

STR can afford the engines and have money left over to run their own B-team, with V8 engines themselves!

They took advantage of a loophole designed for under financed teams which now gives them an unfair advantage.

However it was good to see Liuzzi pass MS.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

greenpower dude reloaded

yeah, plus the sponsor a team in pretty much every motorsport event going. they actually sponsor one of the GP2 teams rumoured to be attempting to make the step up so does that mean a C team? lol i doubt it but who knows in the world of F1

manchild
manchild

Thing is that Matesiz is Mosley's buddy and one of the key people providing additional 2 teams for Mosley's championship in case GPMA causes revolution, so Max can't punish STR and limit V10 even more because his 2008 idea is bigger priority than fairness in 2006 championship (not to mention that Aguri and MF1 have engines "Made by GPMA").

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:in case GPMA causes revolution
:lol:

jaslfc
jaslfc

what is done is done.. it was lucky for torro rosso to get this special compensation of running a v10. midlands and super aguri need to pull up their socks and work harder in closing the gap. if the v10s of torro rosso was winning races then maybe we have a problem.then we can see a real advantage of the v10.

m3_lover

There is no advantage, Super Aguria and Midland buy there engines, they do not make there engines plus the V-10 is only going to last this year and that is it.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

johny

that's no excuse saying that is just 1 year, they have more advantage to make points and that's a great help for a starter team, plus the advantage on reliability and if midland were using toyota v10 they'll save much money

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Although I am really impressed by SA's improvement and hard work, I have no sympathy on this issue. They too are in a very similar situation to STR. They are a second team (cloaked, but to Honda) and were in a position themselves to capitalize on the V-10 rule. Maybe the Honda V-8 was forced on them by Honda, or maybe at one time they could have gone with the older Honda V-10. But if they perceive an engine disadvantage, maybe they ought to make a similar public outcry about the Honda V-8's they feel are at a disadvantage.
But of course, SA won't do that, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. If Honda and SA feel the STR V-10's are taking advantage of a rule that was not for them, tough. Maybe Honda ought to improve their engines, and additionally, not themselves get caught in a sordid cheating affair. (last year's Imola fuel cell fiasco)

Waldo267
Waldo267

While I agree that STR may have an advantage over some of the other teams, by vitue of it being well funded this year, and using a reliable V10, I don't think SA is any position to Protest. When they Joined F1, they knew STR was using the V10, and even had to get their permission to join for 2006. To now protest STR now, seems a bit two faced.

They knew STR would be using the V10 before they entered, and therefore, this seems like sour grapes. While I do have a soft spot for SA, I think they should quit complaining, finish work on the SA06 and dump IDE, then maybe they wouldn't be at the back. We all have seen how good the Honda Engine can be, when not imploding.