Aguri and MF1 make V10 protest

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
greenpower dude reloaded

i agree totally i think that really they have just gotta put up with it after all they're only going to have a V10 for one season and assuming they are still around in 07 they will be a year down on chassis development with a V8 engine which as we all know has different characteristics. although having said that we all know that STR will have a version of the RB2

Reca
Reca

DaveKillens wrote: Maybe the Honda V-8 was forced on them by Honda, or maybe at one time they could have gone with the older Honda V-10.
Giancarlo Minardi was guest on a tv program a few weeks ago and said that last year when STR was still Minardi, manufacturers made an agreement, nothing written apparently, prohibiting the supply of the last year engines, hence the V10, to another team. It’s that agreement that prevented Honda from giving the V10 to Super Aguri, even if, theoretically SA could have asked to FIA permission to use it.

I believe, although Giancarlo didn’t said it, that it was a part of a more general agreement preventing the official teams to use the V10 in 2006; it wouldn’t make sense otherwise because then Toyota/Ferrari/Honda could use the V10 on the main team but couldn’t supply it to Midland/Red Bull/SA.

m3_lover

Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost, however, is in no mood to start bowing to the pressure of rivals. His argument is similarly sound -- if the FIA regulations allow for V10 power, then the Faenza based team is doing nothing wrong.

''They should get used to the idea that you will not always find us on the last row (of the grid),'' said the Austrian.

''(And) they should be glad that we do not have a V8, otherwise we would always be in the top-10.''

More like bottom top-1o, this guy is obivously high on himself.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

AeroGT3
AeroGT3

Why are they complaining? Do they want STR to run the new Cossie V8's, possibly the best engine on track right now?

johny

it'll be fairer, with v10 it's so difficult to have an engine faillure