Toyota and Gascoyne

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
West
West

Toyota and Gascoyne

Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

m3_lover

I saw it too, with the no comment you got to wonder if it is true. Maybe Gascoyne ride has ended in F1
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

hanmer
hanmer

i read on autosport that he has left. I guess he was not corporate enough for toyota! Wonder if mclaren will be interested in him?

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

you gotta wonder though how the hell they could have done so badly in Bahrain and to an extend in Malaysia. Continuing their form from last year you would think they can be in the hunt for Podium at the very least....

and if he is as high pay as we heard he is, no wonder he is the first one cut....

m3_lover

Yep I see it on there website where it does in fact say there has been a management shuffle in Toyota, I wonder who is going to be the new Tech Director. In all honesty the tf106 looks like a mess aerodynamically, ever part looks tached on and there is harmony in the shape. I wonder if he still gets paid all that money that he was contracted for in Toyota.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

That has surprised me. He was against their switch to Bridgestones but apart from that I thought everything was rosy.

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2461

I don't really saw that coming. Okay, the team isn't doing really well so far, but last year, he was the base of the success of Toyota!

m3_lover

Im surprised they ousted him so quick, I would have least given him until mid season to make a reasonable asessement on the car and his workings on it. I can see him going to Toro Rosso as they need a good technical director as Tombazis is at Ferrari now. Maybe he could replace Ross Brawn who knows.

Sawtooth-spike

I would give it about 2 week and he will be with another team. Other than this years toyota the guy has brought results everywhere he goes. I think toyota will now really go up the spout.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild
manchild

No surprise for me. With such amount of money thrown away someone's head had to roll and I'm sure that guys from Toyota engine department didn't f**k up. For team with budget 3 times bigger than last year’s champions TF106 (and 105) look like undefined crap.

j4kwan
j4kwan

Sure...hike out McNish...hike out Gunter...Ove...Salo...Gascoyne...WHATEVER...now I hope Toyota doesn't do well...takes time to build a winning team and you need stablity to make that happen.

They can bring in the Todt, Brawn, Newey, Gary Anderson and it still won't make a difference...they'd all get ousted by mid-season because Toyota is too much in a hurry to make big improvements! LOL

KAIZAN, Toyota....Kaizan....

manchild
manchild

I think they’ve taken bad approach to F1. First they should have tried to win as engine supplier and than develop whole car.

m3_lover

I think there Engines are okay, but for some reason they can not get the car right, it is sad that he had left, but j4kwan, you need stability in a team so that you can engineer's and technicans working on the car for some time to see there results. Don't forget it took Renualt 4 or 5 years (can't remember when they came back in) to be a champion team. They didn't kick out Luca out of the engine team hence why there engines are good, but they should stick with some stability over there.

f1.redbaron

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Upon reading the news, the amount of profanities that left my mount will make some veteran truck drivers (or Quebec rednecks - take your pick) look like infants. For the life of me, I don't understand it...not the reason, but the timing. WHY NOW?

But even the reason needs further clarification. I don't want to be the guy who focuses on the past, but one can't help but... Until his arrival, this over-funded team was unable to do anything except to grab the odd point when all other cars failed. With his TF105, they increased the number of points ten-fold (!) compared to the season before. So, nobody can deny that he made that team hungry for wins...not just the podiums - WINS! Was he so sick of Germany that he, as some sources speculate, refused to extend his contract, and was Toyota, in turn, so offended by it, that they decided to terminate his services before he could do anything on their '07 car?

Which brings me to another point...who will take care of the '07 car? Speculations of Brawn or Symmonds coming over, in my opinion, are serously off, because those guys currently have a commitment to their respective teams and even if Toyota could sign them, by the time they could do some of their magic, we would be in 2008 - maybe even 2009. Can Toyota wait this long for their first win?

What about the TF106B? Can we assume that it is no better than its predecessor?

But most of all, what I find interesting are the speculations of who will take over until the end of the season...a former MICHELIN F1 manager?!?!? Isn't this an even bigger sucide? The major problem on the TF106A are its Bridgestone tires. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not saying anything against the tires. I'm merely pointing out that the harmony between the chassis and the tires is non-existant. How will a former Michelin man (no pun intended) be able to solve this problem?

m3_lover

I think he couldn't take the toyota culture maybe. I know he is doing a michael andretti and mostly residing in the UK, instead of Colgone Germany. But if Toyoto slumps really bad during the season they have no one to blame but themselves.