Magazine's

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
m3_lover

Magazine's

I was looking at getting a new subsription to a motorsports tech magazine.

I know autosport is weekly but the cost is
One Year at US$179.00 Normal Price = US$363.48 save 51% - By Credit Card.

I heard Race Tech and Racecar engineering is good too. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

West
West

I like Race Tech better but it only comes out 6 times a year. They're both good but I have stopped reading both of them since recently, I am finding the articles less interesting. Especially for Racecar Engineering.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

m3_lover

The last issue of rach tech that I got they said that they will become monthly from now on
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

When I was flush with cash from my construction job I subscribed to Race Tech, Racecar Engineering, Autosport and Motorsport. Bloody idiot, they were piling up! Struggled to find the time to take them in. If I had to choose one it would be Autosport!

wazojugs

yup autosport is the best mag but would never subscribe to their website

zac510
zac510

I used to buy the Racecar Eng and Race Tech second hand. They are awesome, but very expensive :(

m3_lover

wazojugs wrote:yup autosport is the best mag but would never subscribe to their website
If I get the autosport subscribtion the website is for free, but are there bad reviews for there website subscribtion service?

Tom

I have an autosport subscription and its brilliant for F1. It is a bit light on rallying and other motorsport though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dcdabest
dcdabest

I have just been casually buying F1 Racing magazines from stores down here in New Zealand. It's all we get! I find it's writing is nearly always sensationalistic and exaggerated. Is Autosport much better? I want naked photos of F1 drivers!!! More of Coulthard's nipples eh!!
Im thinking of all the li'l starving Africans...

Tom

Oh right, you want F1 Racing Magazine.

Nothing like that in Autosport. Pretty honest reports, not too jornalistic but a little exagerated.

However you will have to put up with a lot of small British championships stuffed into the back.

Apart from that its all good.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

ketanpaul

Well I have been reding F1 Racing for almost a year now and find it really awesome. Noting beats it !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Between Race Tech and Racecar Engineering I'd usually go for the Racecar Engineering. Their FSAE coverage is better and I like the columnist better as well...

wazojugs

theres nothing better than buying autosport on a thursday after a race weekend, especially if its a Renault win :D . I really enjoy the reviews of the race and qualifying plus the photos are high rate.

Plus theres the columns from Nigel Roebuck and Mark Hughes, just a shame David Tremayne does write for them!

Not forgetting Bambers view!

wazojugs

sorry i meant David Tremayne DOESN'T write for them doh!

Tom

Jim Bamber is a fantastic artist.

Does anyone have a lcopy of the one he did about Steve Matchett?