Mercedes W07 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Merecedes W07 Speculation Thread

kooleracer wrote:I think the people that are excepting a evolution will get a big surprise. I fully expect the 2016 Ferrari to be quicker then the W06. Mercedes is aware of that thats why Toto and Paddy already eluded to the fact that Mercedes is looking at a more radicale approach for 2016. Another evolution will get them on par with Ferrari at best I think. Mercedes needs to find performance in their cooling package and packaging. Ferrari has beter cooling solutions at the moment. I expect the W07 to be as tightly packaged as the McLaren at the rear and have smaller cooling pods.
That will be easily copied by Mercedes.
For Sure!!

SiLo

ringo wrote:
kooleracer wrote:I think the people that are excepting a evolution will get a big surprise. I fully expect the 2016 Ferrari to be quicker then the W06. Mercedes is aware of that thats why Toto and Paddy already eluded to the fact that Mercedes is looking at a more radicale approach for 2016. Another evolution will get them on par with Ferrari at best I think. Mercedes needs to find performance in their cooling package and packaging. Ferrari has beter cooling solutions at the moment. I expect the W07 to be as tightly packaged as the McLaren at the rear and have smaller cooling pods.
That will be easily copied by Mercedes.
Agreed, it's a very simple but elegant solution to increasing internal flow to increase the efficiency of the radiators.
Felipe Baby!

PlatinumZealot

Felipe 92 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Mark4211 wrote:F1.com: Analysis - Mercedes 2016 suspension development
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... pment.html
I post the same thing before this news came out on the official site, and they branded me as a conspiracy theorist and banished my post into a locked thread! :lol:
#-o
On f1.com it says they tested it on Hamilton's car in Brazil(Friday morning) and on both cars at Abu Dhabi (both Friday sessions).
You said that the new suspension were used on Hamilton's car since Singapore and that they did it deliberately to slow down Hamilton and help Rosberg.
Yes I think It was tried in Singapore. You will never see that online though. You can ask Lewis he will tell you. But not to veer off topic...
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

scarbs
scarbs

Re: Mercedes W07 Speculation Thread

I didn't see the revised hydraulic element in Singapore. Both cars started FP with the upper coil unit in place

misterbeam
misterbeam

I think they need to fix their issues with the aero efficiency loss behind another car. Mercedes is clearly the most affected car by this issue among the top teams.

ME4ME

Like Pat Symonds said, the more downforce you have on the car, the more you're going to be affected when following another car. It's not a Mercedes specific issue. Although surely there is a choice to be made when setting up the car for either peak downforce in optimal conditions or average downforce in a much wider range of conditions.

hollowBallistix
hollowBallistix

misterbeam wrote:I think they need to fix their issues with the aero efficiency loss behind another car. Mercedes is clearly the most affected car by this issue among the top teams.
Why would they ? For the majority of the past two seasons the only car a Mercedes has been stuck behind is another Mercedes.

misterbeam
misterbeam

Well for the team it's not a big problem, but drivers complained more than once about it, also i expect ferrari to be ahead more often this year, that's why i think they need a car that works better in dirty air.

atanatizante

I've heard there are at least 3 directions of development this year:
1. To bring back their advantage they had with FRIC (coz last year they didn't have too much left in their sleeve, as they have had in 2014) and in Brasil and Abu Dhabi we got singns they are working on that front
2. To further develope and maybe introduce so called DRD
3. To have a new combustion chamber in conjuction with a new breed of Petronas's fuels&lubes.

From all of above mentioned I think the big scope of improvement could be the third direction, because the law of diminishing returns could be applied more towards the chasis and PU hardware, bearing in mind the stability of the aero rules (at least for 2016) and the PU freeze ones ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

proteus

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

PlatinumZealot

LOL at Nico's Torture chamber. He is at it again! lol
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

godlameroso

atanatizante wrote:I've heard there are at least 3 directions of development this year:
1. To bring back their advantage they had with FRIC (coz last year they didn't have too much left in their sleeve, as they have had in 2014) and in Brasil and Abu Dhabi we got singns they are working on that front
2. To further develope and maybe introduce so called DRD
3. To have a new combustion chamber in conjuction with a new breed of Petronas's fuels&lubes.

From all of above mentioned I think the big scope of improvement could be the third direction, because the law of diminishing returns could be applied more towards the chasis and PU hardware, bearing in mind the stability of the aero rules (at least for 2016) and the PU freeze ones ...

I think there's much more to be gained from MGU-H development.
Saishลซ kลnฤ

Jordan44

W07 will be revealed on 15th February apparently.

http://www.f1today.net/nl/nieuws/208348 ... 5-februari

f1316
f1316

J0rd4n wrote:W07 will be revealed on 15th February apparently.

Right, and looks like it'll be a shakedown too. Kinda surprised more teams don't use the filming days like this - seems to allow Mercedes to hit the ground running in testing.

ricardo91
ricardo91

J0rd4n wrote:W07 will be revealed on 15th February apparently.

There actually having the shakedown on February 19th. I just found it on the Silverstone official website. =D>

http://assets.silverstone.co.uk/media/f ... sion_1.pdf