2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
superdowg316

Re: 2016 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Scuderia1967 wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Sponsorship wise McLaren are more or less the same as last year then with Chandon replacing JW and Richard Mille replacing TAG. Wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be.
Chandon was already there last year.
Where they? I thought they were only announced last year.

Also noticed JW logos still on the race suit and car so maybe they just became minor sponsors instead?
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

nevill3

In the photo JW is still on the wing mirrors

Edit was not quick enough
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Scuderia1967

superdowg316 wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Sponsorship wise McLaren are more or less the same as last year then with Chandon replacing JW and Richard Mille replacing TAG. Wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be.

Also noticed JW logos still on the race suit and car so maybe they just became minor sponsors instead?
Good find! JW logo in the lid's visor too

Scuderia1967

I thought JW had gone to Force India. Or are they sponsoring both?

Thunder

The Mclaren App was updated yesterday and JW is still in the Partners Tab. .
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

superdowg316

Scuderia1967 wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:

Yep, also on the back of Jenson's shoes as well if you look closely in the announcement video.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

turbof1

So guys, I have split off the discussion about the simulator and sustained lateral acceleration. You can find that here.
#AeroFrodo

Scuderia1967

superdowg316 wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
superdowg316 wrote: Where they? I thought they were only announced last year.

Yep, also on the back of Jenson's shoes as well if you look closely in the announcement video.
That too. By the way, here's a photo of the MP4-30 with the Chandon logo

Thunder

Just a Tip for everyones health, don't look for Prices of Richard Mille Watches if you're prone to Heart Attacks. :D :shock:
#aerogollum

cmF1

Just a quick one to the mods. When the definitive 2016 thread starts, can you please spell the team name with a capital L? From a Scot, I can tell you that lower case after Mc really grinds my gears. :D
プラスとマイナス

Morteza

Thunders wrote:Just a Tip for everyones health, don't look for Prices of Richard Mille Watches if you're prone to Heart Attacks. :D :shock:
It is a very high-end independent brand. It was such a big surprise to me how they were a sponsor of Lotus! The brand announced a watch at SIHH 2016 last month for Airbus Corporate Jets which costs $1,050,000 :mrgreen: Rafael Nadal wears a Richard Mille at tennis games. A marvel of engineering that watch is 8)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Thunder

Yeahh the Rafael Nadal watch was what i googled. ^^ I guess i'll reather get a used McLaren LP 650. :D

But they do look like amazing Watches to be honest.
#aerogollum

a1b2i3r45

Morteza wrote:
Thunders wrote:Just a Tip for everyones health, don't look for Prices of Richard Mille Watches if you're prone to Heart Attacks. :D :shock:
It is a very high-end independent brand. It was such a big surprise to me how they were a sponsor of Lotus! The brand announced a watch at SIHH 2016 last month for Airbus Corporate Jets which costs $1,050,000 :mrgreen: Rafael Nadal wears a Richard Mille at tennis games. A marvel of engineering that watch is 8)
They are just a set of wayyy overpriced watches. By comparison, you can buy a true engineering marvel, a cesium 133 wristwatch for around 12k. Anyway, good for McL.

Morteza

a1b2i3r45 wrote:
Morteza wrote:
They are just a set of wayyy overpriced watches. By comparison, you can buy a true engineering marvel, a cesium 133 wristwatch for around 12k. Anyway, good for McL.
That Cesium wrist watch made by Bathys Hawaii? I know that guy. John is great guy. Richard Hoptroff also makes atomic wrist watches. Watches like Richard Mille are mechanical luxury products. Heck they made a fountain pain for $105,000
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bauc

Anyone knows at what time will Mclaren have the online launch of the MP4-31 on Sunday?

Thanks in advance.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg