2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Chuckjr wrote:Just more rumors James may be heading to Macca. Would be great to have him the team. He's a clever man.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5752 ... cLaren_F1/
I'm sure Ferrari has put a HUGE non compete clause on his contract
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

Sayeman wrote:Didn't They say a few months ago that they have a better chassis than Ferrari?
They have the 3rd best chassis on the grid?
Why the "Almost as Good" as ferrari talk now?
Ferrari's chassis isn't all that good either, Their PU is now almost on par with the Merc PU and yet they are getting beaten by underpowered Bulls.

All Mclaren does is praise Honda and then make these ridiculous claims to humiliate Honda.

I think he reiterates it in the artical I pointed out (3ird best). Ferrari have a good chassis but they have the same weakness I always remember them having over the past decade (low mechanical grip). They've always been able to figure all the other things out but not that one.

@McL111 I don't know JA from a hole in the wall but I don't think he wants a managers job. He's a Technical Director.

They have 3 Tech Directors a McLaren ..
Tim Goss - Chassis and Systems
Peter Prodromou - Aero
Neil Oatley - forget ...whatever left?

I don't know how good Tim Goss, is like someone, said he's been a round for while and is still fairly young. He has worked with Newey when Newey was at McLaren. The mechanical grip/Braking of the McLaren seems pretty tight.

diffuser

Pany wrote:EB must go home! can't trust him at all
Pretty sure that EB doesn't get paid for the accuracy of his predictions to the press or wether you trust him or not.

He's a team Principal like Ron And Capito.

I think that means that EB manages everything at the track while Capito will manage everything at the factory. While Ron will oversee everthing.

By Manage I mean they verify expenses, make employe decisions (like Hire JA), handle customer/press issues,etc. The 3 technical directors answer to him.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Happy Birthday Fred.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

CjC
CjC

Allison would supplement the current team at Mclaren but he should only be brought in if he can work within the current structure/ team currently at Woking.

I'd imagine he'll take a high end role at a different team, maybe Renault or some one
Just a fan's point of view

zeph
zeph

Even if there's truth to this rumor, I doubt Allison would come to McLaren straightaway. Surely there are some "gardening leave" type of clauses in his Ferrari contract, and even if he were to join McLaren this season, his influence on the 2017 car will likely be minimal (if not non-existent).

SameSame
SameSame

Does anyone know how much time they lost in S2 and their S3 time relative to the others?

GoranF1
GoranF1

I think Alonso had q3 in sectors 1&2 ...than lost everything in S3

SameSame
SameSame

GoranF1 wrote:I think Alonso had q3 in sectors 1&2 ...than lost everything in S3
He must have lost massive time in S3 then, what broke off of his car when ran wide on his final lap?

Scuderia1967

diffuser wrote:
Pany wrote:EB must go home! can't trust him at all
Pretty sure that EB doesn't get paid for the accuracy of his predictions to the press or wether you trust him or not.

He's a team Principal like Ron And Capito.

I think that means that EB manages everything at the track while Capito will manage everything at the factory. While Ron will oversee everthing.

By Manage I mean they verify expenses, make employe decisions (like Hire JA), handle customer/press issues,etc. The 3 technical directors answer to him.
Yes, because the answer to McLaren's huge problems (let's not forget they haven't won a GP or had a podium finish in FOUR years) is to hire yet another manager to run the team with all the other 76 managers they already have

Alonso Fan

How much did vettel hold up Alonso? Was it as much as sainz/massa?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Andres125sx

GoranF1 wrote:I hope Allison would come, but to replace Goss, not Eric.
Anyway i doubt it because Alonso is not to big fan of James.
Any reason you´re saying this?

Allison and Alonso won two WDC and WCC at Renault, and I didn´t see any problem when he (James) joined Ferrari when Fernando was driving the red cars

CjC
CjC

Come on honda upgrade!
Just a fan's point of view

GoranF1
GoranF1

Andres125sx wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:I hope Allison would come, but to replace Goss, not Eric.
Anyway i doubt it because Alonso is not to big fan of James.
Any reason you´re saying this?

Allison and Alonso won two WDC and WCC at Renault, and I didn´t see any problem when he (James) joined Ferrari when Fernando was driving the red cars
When it was anaunced James was coming to Ferrari Alonso didnt seemed to jump from joy....although i see yesterday he made some positive comments about him.