2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Just to add spice, he owns 50% of Mclaren Automotive and this "move" would not effect him running this Division :D :D

Thunder

Next Season of Tooned could become glorious. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

-wkst-
-wkst-

mclaren111 wrote:Just to add spice, he owns 50% of Mclaren Automotive and this "move" would not effect him running this Division :D :D
Bullshit.

He owns about 10% auf McLaren Automotive.

mclaren111

wkst:
Bullshit.

Pitpass.com:
The claim, by Autosport, suggests the Briton has been told by the board that he will not get a new contract when his current one expires at the end of the year, follows an unsuccessful bid to raise the necessary funding to buy out Mansour Ojjeh and the Bahraini sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat which own 25% and 50% of McLaren Group, Dennis holding the remaining 25%.
While the road car division, McLaren Automotive, would not be affected,
if it happens the move, which would see Dennis end a 35-year involvement in an F1 team which has won ten drivers' titles and seven constructors' titles, leave the role of CEO of the group which includes McLaren Racing, McLaren Marketing and McLaren Applied Technologies.

Bullshit to you my friend :D

Thunder

McLaren Automotive is not Part of the McLaren Technology Group, that is why it would not be affected. RD can hold whatever % of the Automotive Group, stepping down as Chairman and CEO of the McLaren Technology Group dows not affet that.

@mclaren111: how did you get to the 50% Dennis is supposed to hold on McLaren Automotive, because the Text you quoted doesn't say anything in that regard.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

-wkst-
-wkst-

Thunders wrote:McLaren Automotive is not Part of the McLaren Technology Group, that is why it would not be affected. RD can hold whatever % of the Automotive Group, stepping down as Chairman and CEO of the McLaren Technology Group dows not affet that.

@mclaren111: how did you get to the 50% Dennis is supposed to hold on McLaren Automotive, because the Text you quoted doesn't say anything in that regard.
Correct.
The Bahrain Government Company owns the majority of McLaren Automotive 57%, Dennis 11%, like Ojjeh. McLaren Technology Group owns 4%. Another owner is the Singapore investor Peter Lim.

Another wrong claim is that Dennis runs the Automotive division. Dennis is only CEO of McLaren Technology Group.

McL-H
McL-H

In all honesty, I am a huge McLaren-fan and I have the outmost respect for Ron Dennis. He is basically the one who has build it. He's the one making this team one of the most succesful teams in F1 history. If it were to be, that McLaren ditched him, I would find myself a new team to support. I can take a lot of nonsense, I can take finishing last, not finishing on podiums, let alone race wins. But getting rid of Ron Dennis as if he's trash, would result in me hating this team and hoping they will never win a single point ever again.

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

Can I suggest it's just a handover, pre-planned.

This is what the arrival of Jost Capito was all about.

bauc

fellowhoodlums wrote:Can I suggest it's just a handover, pre-planned.

This is what the arrival of Jost Capito was all about.
Yes it just might be, it makes sense now since Jost has joined the team.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

I am also a huge Ron fan and hope he stays [-o<

Would be unfair to see him go so close to success again :cry: :cry:

Pierce89

mclaren111 wrote:wkst:
Bullshit.

Pitpass.com:
The claim, by Autosport, suggests the Briton has been told by the board that he will not get a new contract when his current one expires at the end of the year, follows an unsuccessful bid to raise the necessary funding to buy out Mansour Ojjeh and the Bahraini sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat which own 25% and 50% of McLaren Group, Dennis holding the remaining 25%.
While the road car division, McLaren Automotive, would not be affected,
if it happens the move, which would see Dennis end a 35-year involvement in an F1 team which has won ten drivers' titles and seven constructors' titles, leave the role of CEO of the group which includes McLaren Racing, McLaren Marketing and McLaren Applied Technologies.

Bullshit to you my friend :D
Ermm... You know you didnt correct him, right? He clearly called BS on RD owning 50% of Mclaren Automotive.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

mclaren111

Yep :( :(

I read an article a while ago and I somehow thought he owned 50% of Automotive.

Clearly got it wrong !!

Apologies to all !!

Enjoy the weekend !!!!!!!!!!

Morteza

Here it is :D

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mclaren111

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: =D> :lol: :lol:

bauc

Great one Tooned!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg