2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Great Episode. ^^
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

techman
techman

i believe mclaren have brought new modifications of front wings to almost every race, i can think, it show how much they need to sort out their aero and chassis before they can compete with mercedes , redbull or ferrari.

Honda now seriously considering supplying another team 2018, i think they understand this mclaren chassis is holding them back and people like Eric .B hiding behind honda, without telling the true story.
here is the link to that - http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/honda ... team-2018/

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

techman wrote:i believe mclaren have brought new modifications of front wings to almost every race, i can think, it show how much they need to sort out their aero and chassis before they can compete with mercedes , redbull or ferrari.

Honda now seriously considering supplying another team 2018, i think they understand this mclaren chassis is holding them back and people like Eric .B hiding behind honda, without telling the true story.
here is the link to that - http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/honda ... team-2018/
Yes yes yes and in the same time Honda themselves say that they are way behind and that if they supply McLaren more power then they will be able to increase the downforce. What you have to say on that? Honda saying they're bad while they're good? You believe this is in any chance possible? #-o Both need to improve. Also the testing in USA was pretty interesting. And tell us again that USA is a power track when they will have a good qualy soon :lol:

Alonso Fan

techman wrote: they understand this mclaren chassis is holding them back
holding them back from what exactly? one of the most efficient chassis on the grid, yet still holding them back?

granted, the chassis is not on the level of the top 3 but it certainly isn't as bad as you claim. We have results and car performance to back up our arguments. You have your own opinions and deluded interpretation of performance and results.
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 22 Oct 2016, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Thunder

Don't bite the Bait guys. ;)
#aerogollum

godlameroso

He sounds like a disgruntled ex-employee, or someone passed over. Chassis wise I'd say they're 4th overall but 5th or 6th best depending on the track. Power unit wise they're a year behind, but better than last year's Ferrari, so I'd say they're the equivalent of or slightly better than last year's Mercedes package overall. The power unit will absolutely take a big step forward, and I'm hoping the layout is already set in stone and they can hit the ground running come testing. I don't think Mercedes has the best chassis, clearly Red Bull is ahead there, I'm not so sure they're that far ahead of Ferrari, or that McLaren is that far behind. The biggest difference is power unit flexibility, sustained peak power, and limited suspension setup relative to the rest, the aero itself isn't bad, it's just compromised because of the other shortcomings.
Saishū kōnā

Thunder

godlameroso wrote:The power unit will absolutely take a big step forward, and I'm hoping the layout is already set in stone...
Ron Dennis says the 2017 PU is already on the Dynos. So the Timeframe should not be the Problem.
#aerogollum

techman
techman

holding them back from what exactly? one of the most efficient chassis on the grid, yet still holding them back?
mclaren is a inefficient chassis. no wonder it was bad in suzuka, this is what jenson said about this car.
Button said: "Mid-speed corners with no braking at all. That is really tough for us. It is the way the car doesn't perform in that region as well as others. "Heavy braking circuits, our car is fantastic, and we are probably the best at braking. When you have that heavy braking corner, the initial turn in is very strong and the car has a lot of downforce – that is probably more than I should be telling you.

TR with a underpowered ferrari 2015 doing better than mclaren showing the how much better their chaissis is in circuits when mid corner speed is required. mclaren cant even find a proper working front wing this season, and clueless.
Personnally alonso though a better qualifier than jeson, he still lacks race pace to jenson. bad luck play a big hand to give alonso a points lead to jenson. i prefer alonso leaves after next year and jenson comes back partnering with vandoorne.
next year with fia engine performance monitoring, the picture will be more clearer, and hope just leaves to another team, he is overpaid and lack race pace to jenson

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

techman wrote:
mclaren is a inefficient chassis. no wonder it was bad in suzuka, this is what jenson said about this car.
Button said: "Mid-speed corners with no braking at all. That is really tough for us. It is the way the car doesn't perform in that region as well as others. "Heavy braking circuits, our car is fantastic, and we are probably the best at braking. When you have that heavy braking corner, the initial turn in is very strong and the car has a lot of downforce – that is probably more than I should be telling you.

TR with a underpowered ferrari 2015 doing better than mclaren showing the how much better their chaissis is in circuits when mid corner speed is required. mclaren cant even find a proper working front wing this season, and clueless.
Personnally alonso though a better qualifier than jeson, he still lacks race pace to jenson. bad luck play a big hand to give alonso a points lead to jenson. i prefer alonso leaves after next year and jenson comes back partnering with vandoorne.
next year with fia engine performance monitoring, the picture will be more clearer, and hope just leaves to another team, he is overpaid and lack race pace to jenson
Ok, everything revealed now about his McLaren hatred. He's an Alonso hater and he doesn't want to see McLaren in front again because of that :lol:

techman
techman

Ok, everything revealed now about his McLaren hatred. He's an Alonso hater and he doesn't want to see McLaren in front again because of that :lol:
iam not a hater, i want to see mclaren in front but i dont like the bs they are spreading, and as far as alonso , jenson surprised me with much better race pace to alonso, even though alonso is the better qualifier, i have to say if i was ron , i would choose jenson and vandoorne over the overpaid alonso

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

techman wrote:
iam not a hater, i want to see mclaren in front but i dont like the bs they are spreading, and as far as alonso , jenson surprised me with much better race pace to alonso, even though alonso is the better qualifier, i have to say if i was ron , i would choose jenson and vandoorne over the overpaid alonso
I hope you realize what kind of potatoes you throw, right? Alonso a good qualifier and a bad race guy? Do you live on earth or somewhere else? Alonso is "THE BEST" in race trim. He was always known for that, his starts, his consistency, his attacks etc. He may not be "the quickest" in 1 lap but definitely in race trim. Exactly the opposite that you say. Few races ago Button started 9th and finished 9th while Alonso started last (22nd) and finished 7th. Pretty bad at race trim right? I haven't seen a race that Button got him in the race. (at least on pure merit)

techman
techman

I hope you realize what kind of potatoes you throw, right? Alonso a good qualifier and a bad race guy? Do you live on earth or somewhere else? Alonso is "THE BEST" in race trim. He was always known for that, his starts, his consistency, his attacks etc. He may not be "the quickest" in 1 lap but definitely in race trim. Exactly the opposite that you say. Few races ago Button started 9th and finished 9th while Alonso started last (22nd) and finished 7th. Pretty bad at race trim right? I haven't seen a race that Button got him in the race. (at least on pure merit)
ok lets just take last suzuka race, alonso started ahead was ahead after first lap over 10second to jenson and jenson started last however in the end jenson was only few seconds behind alonso, i am checking the race pace in F1.com for all races, and i find the race pace of jenson is much better than alonso. jenson is far consistent when it comes to producing good laptimes in race compared to alonso, this is not only one incident , there are many like them. alonso is lucky this season bad luck paid a key role in jenson points, just like in mlayasia, where the virtual safety destroyed his race position and race strategy.

ok let see what position they finished in austin, jenson starting low end of the grid and alonso higher, hopefully i will be chekcing the lap times and let find out. hopefully none of them have bad luck in the race

Goran2812
Goran2812

techman wrote:
ok lets just take last suzuka race, alonso started ahead was ahead after first lap over 10second to jenson and jenson started last however in the end jenson was only few seconds behind alonso, i am checking the race pace in F1.com for all races, and i find the race pace of jenson is much better than alonso. jenson is far consistent when it comes to producing good laptimes in race compared to alonso, this is not only one incident , there are many like them. alonso is lucky this season bad luck paid a key role in jenson points, just like in mlayasia, where the virtual safety destroyed his race position and race strategy.

ok let see what position they finished in austin, jenson starting low end of the grid and alonso higher, hopefully i will be chekcing the lap times and let find out. hopefully none of them have bad luck in the race
you have to be joking here (or being dead serious, delusional and clutching to straws)... one race where the car was completely useles does not prove anything lol #-o #-o #-o #-o
yes the car was useles for both of them but cmon, admit that the japan race does not prove your theory and beliefs.
Alonso is a machine in race trim, the complete package, better than all of them if I dare say, offcourse, when his car allows him to be...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Fifty
Fifty

Geez. There are two kinds of people out there. Folks like Goran above and the CEO of Honda Motorsport... and then there are the rest of us including the management of Mclaren.
Alonso has 2 (should only be one) WC. Not a small feat. Was he good? Sure. Is he the best now? That I don't agree with.

He was rumored to be a not very good chassis set up and development guy by Ferrari and the backdoor chatter from Mclaren is the same but that he is stuck there due to Honda saying "free PU's and we pay his salary".... kind of hard to beat that when you are still playing catch up chassis wise.
Alonso was a package deal with Honda.
Alonso has adeal in his contract that he can leave whenever he wants if thechassis does not have a WC potential.
Mclaren is hedging their bet that he will bounce pre contract or even if Honda wants him to stay once current contract is up.
That's why they kept Button in the works.

I don't have the energy to go find the articles showing these rumors. They mostly came out when Button announced his retirement plan

diffuser

Fifty wrote:Geez. There are two kinds of people out there. Folks like Goran above and the CEO of Honda Motorsport... and then there are the rest of us including the management of Mclaren.
Alonso has 2 (should only be one) WC. Not a small feat. Was he good? Sure. Is he the best now? That I don't agree with.

He was rumored to be a not very good chassis set up and development guy by Ferrari and the backdoor chatter from Mclaren is the same but that he is stuck there due to Honda saying "free PU's and we pay his salary".... kind of hard to beat that when you are still playing catch up chassis wise.
Alonso was a package deal with Honda.
Alonso has adeal in his contract that he can leave whenever he wants if thechassis does not have a WC potential.
Mclaren is hedging their bet that he will bounce pre contract or even if Honda wants him to stay once current contract is up.
That's why they kept Button in the works.

I don't have the energy to go find the articles showing these rumors. They mostly came out when Button announced his retirement plan
Development and setup has always been Alonso strength not sure where you get the opposite....

The way Alonzo mopped up with RAI over at Ferrari when he was there ,,,pretty sure he'd do that with Vettel today.

I still consider him one of the best, it's just hard to show it in a middle of the pack car.