2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Same weakness showing in s2 which we saw in Japan
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

makecry
makecry

Sayeman wrote:Honda PU performing well, only .188 down on 1st sector
Pretty sure they have trimmed out the downforce as much as they can to lose the minimum on the straights.

ME4ME

makecry wrote:
Pretty sure they have trimmed out the downforce as much as they can to lose the minimum on the straights.
Sector 1 also including a heavy braking zone, which Mclaren supposedly excels at, so the time loss on-power is potentially greater than 0.188 sec. Still that is not too bad. Clearly, as Jenson mentioned, Honda has made massive improvements with their energy recovery system.

techman
techman

mclaren chassis is high drag inefficient chassis compared to TR. TR dont run monkey wings or the batman wing i believe in mexico, and they chassis is much better than mclaren in mid speed corner, it all down to good efficient downforce unlike mclaren, who will run all the wings they can see other run but will still be slow. mclaren really need to check their aero correlations if they are to compete next year, because they will be expose when the FIA starts monitoring the engine performance, and cant hide behind honda like they are doing now. e.f1i.com 15:23 - Unsurprisingly, both Toro Rossos are the slowest through the speed trap with their year-old engine. 350kph for Sainz and 348kph for Kvyat. That's over 15kph slower than Mercedes-powered Massa.. mclaren have a chassis problem that they need to address they really want to compete next year.

diffuser

It is.... It's only Friday.

mclaren111

ThiSiSF1:
“There are rumours of arguments with team management, because the price-performance ratio was no longer right,” said Auto Motor und Sport correspondent Michael Schmidt.
He added that the loss of sponsors and the lack of replacements is one reason McLaren supremo Ron Dennis is clinging to his current position.
Schmidt said the new BP-Castrol deal is less lucrative than the Mobil one, and could actually cost McLaren-Honda in performance due to the switch to new and less developed petrol and lubricants.

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/10/29/mcla ... e3HBPOc.99

Seems Ron just won't let go of this idea of "No Lower Pricing" on his cars !! Even at the cost of losing them. :( :(

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Fernando on Vettel:

"There must be a lot of frustration in him and at Ferrari. I forgive them." :lol:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... ne-844216/

Pierce89

techman wrote:mclaren chassis is high drag inefficient chassis compared to TR. TR dont run monkey wings or the batman wing i believe in mexico, and they chassis is much better than mclaren in mid speed corner, it all down to good efficient downforce unlike mclaren, who will run all the wings they can see other run but will still be slow. mclaren really need to check their aero correlations if they are to compete next year, because they will be expose when the FIA starts monitoring the engine performance, and cant hide behind honda like they are doing now. e.f1i.com 15:23 - Unsurprisingly, both Toro Rossos are the slowest through the speed trap with their year-old engine. 350kph for Sainz and 348kph for Kvyat. That's over 15kph slower than Mercedes-powered Massa.. mclaren have a chassis problem that they need to address they really want to compete next year.
Get over it. Everyone else thinks you're wrong. Go cheer FOR a team instead of against one. Its sad, really.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

mclaren111 wrote:New Livery:

http://s7.postimg.org/5k6e06fsb/image.jpg

Something along these lines ???
God I hate old Champ cars.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

techman
techman

Get over it. Everyone else thinks you're wrong. Go cheer FOR a team instead of against one. Its sad, really.
yeah when the TR guys are saying there down on power to honda,, i can even show you all their quotes if you want - and still they are quick in mide corners compared to mclarens shows the lack of good efficient downforce from the average mclaren chassis. better mclaren improve their chassis without hiding behind the manufacture. not for long anyway

makecry
makecry

Pierce89 wrote: Get over it. Everyone else thinks you're wrong. Go cheer FOR a team instead of against one. Its sad, really.

Everyone needs to stop feeding the obvious troll. More you guys feed him,more he enjoys it.

techman
techman

Everyone needs to stop feeding the obvious troll. More you guys feed him,more he enjoys it.
iam not trolling, i telling you the reality and honesty about this whole mclaren chassis and honda debate. anyway in 2017 it will all be seen when FIA test these engines

proteus

techman wrote:
iam not trolling, i telling you the reality and honesty about this whole mclaren chassis and honda debate. anyway in 2017 it will all be seen when FIA test these engines
Yes u are trolling. U dont provide any serious data, all u are talking about are statements which are usefull as a grinding paper for wiping the bottom. If the chasis would be so much worse than others than Mclaren would be in the same place as it was last year. The engine itself improved alot, deployment is better, in its peak performanse maybe even better than Renault, but the problem is they cant substain it for the race. They are using it for few laps, which causes dramatic loss of pace in laps afterwards when they need to save fuel and parts. The chasis itself is in upper half of the field.

Williams for example has a beast of an engine and aparently very mediocre chasis, and the engine power alone provides them results. Since the introduction of turbo era, they are losing position by position every year with others closing the engine gap.

Why was Mclaren so bad at Suzuka? Because the track has less harvesting zones and lots of high speed corners. What happens if u have a weaker engine? Weaker engine means less speed, which means less downforce, which means higher downforce setup which than means comprimised speed again for needed agility in corners. Where were Sainz and Kvyat in Suzuka? Not any better than Mclarens. Both teams were struck by lack of horsepower and there is no aerodynamics currently available that would compensate that deficit.

So please show us physical data - literally numbers, or prevent yourself trolling us dry.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

diffuser

Interesting that Fernando was faster than Button through the speed traps and he used the old PU while Button used the latest PU.

He probably had a better line out of the last corner.

techman
techman

Why was Mclaren so bad at Suzuka? Because the track has less harvesting zones and lots of high speed corners
suzuka has some high speed zone but it has a quite a number of mid speed corners, in fact it is more , thats why jenson was complain about the car not good in mid speed corners.

and if you talking about ERS, the team and drivers believe they have the best or equal to the best when it come to ers energy. Suzuka is a pretty long track and there are quite a number of braking zones, non of the drivers complained about harvesting problem, is just the car is not suited to mid corners, unlike the TR excels in them.

In F1 the chassis play a huge role in getting good laptimes, just looks at the renault f1 team to redbull team, both same engine but redbull produces more efficient downforce and better top speed with the same engine. unfortunately honda does not have a benchmark chassis to checks its potential, they were blocked by ron , and its no suprise. next year we will know where they stand