2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Lucky wrote:
mrluke wrote:Agreed, I think the Honda is now broadly in line with the Renault. It's not quite as good as Mercedes or Ferrari, but it would be good enough to let RBR challenge for podiums..
http://www.sarov.info/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif
Yusuke Hasegawa:
"We're number four," he told Autosport. "It is Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and then Honda.
"We have a huge gap to Renault. I've been surprised by their progress. They have done a very good job.
"Next year, we're aiming to achieve the level of Mercedes engine.
"At this moment, I don't know if that is possible but that is our aim."
It doesnt sound very encoraging, does it? its good to have an ambitious purpose, but only if it can be done.

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Normal people probably can handle those moments, those drivers should can.
Anyone can handle those moments, and drivers do. But when into the cockpit there are much higher priorities than being polite with someone who has not been polite with you :roll:
Vasconia wrote:I guess we give it more importance that the enginner actually gives
Actually it´s only you who give it any importance. That was exactly the point of the discussion :wink:
Perhaps because they are also an important part of the team. I never saw Michel being that rude, so it can be done, if there is a will of course....
Did his engineer ask him to "push now" some time? You can´t use a lack of a rude reply as an example when there´s not been a rude request previously :roll:

But even if there was, drivers are humans, not robots. Some are colder, some are more vehement. If there´s some driver who does not reply in a rude way that does not mean all of them should behave the same because humans are all different.

Heck even Jenson Button has been rude sometimes, I think that should be the definite proof to stop this nosense complain about rude driver replies. They´re under stress, they´re asked to do things they´re already doing, and that´s while they´re fighiting with a car wich sometimes behave like a dog. Anyone in that scenario will be rude sometimes, even Jenson Button

But you insist it´s the stressed driver who must be polite #-o It´s the engineer who can think twice before opening radio comunications and be polite and kind, drivers are too stressed resisting 5Gs to be polite...

But as stated, it´s fairly easy to bash F1 drivers, even if it´s the engineer/strategist who was rude first and wasn´t polite, it´s easier to blame drivers

Sayeman

"Honda will be least of McLaren's worries in F1 2017" - Alonso

Seems to me like Alonso isn't as confident as Boulier on the chassis side, not sure he believes that the chassis will be a world beater.
Never Give up.

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Anyone can handle those moments, and drivers do. But when into the cockpit there are much higher priorities than being polite with someone who has not been polite with you :roll:

Actually it´s only you who give it any importance. That was exactly the point of the discussion :wink:
Perhaps because they are also an important part of the team. I never saw Michel being that rude, so it can be done, if there is a will of course....
Did his engineer ask him to "push now" some time? You can´t use a lack of a rude reply as an example when there´s not been a rude request previously :roll:
Brawn ask him to push for more tan twenty laps in Hungary 98. :D

A rude request? come one, we cannot begin the samething again. Do you pretend that the engineer must say "dear driver, would you like to push now? or something similar?. Do you think that the comment "we need to push now" is rude? seriously?, but at the same time you dont consider driver´s answers rude in any circustance. Ok.

I repeat it again, it was enough to say "I am already pushing"!" and not "do you work, I am doing mine", becase the engineer was ALREADY doing his job!.

I think this discussion will never end haha.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sayeman wrote:"Honda will be least of McLaren's worries in F1 2017" - Alonso

Seems to me like Alonso isn't as confident as Boulier on the chassis side, not sure he believes that the chassis will be a world beater.
Alonso hints on the aftermath of the RonDennis affair, and him waving goodbye before the 2017 Season starts.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

To be Fair the Headline is a clickbait. The Article with Fernandos quotes is much less dramatic.

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.p ... 1472035319
"After struggling a lot last year, this year we found ourselves in an enjoyable position, fighting or competing with the midfield cars," he said.

"Next year we want to do the final step and fight much more than this.

"We have a great opportunity with new rules because everything will mix and if we are able to produce a quick car in race one we have a chance to do well.

"I'm confident because McLaren is a big team with a lot of resources, and possibilities.

"So it's looking good for next year and I'm looking forward to it."
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mrluke
mrluke

"This year we are making progress, finetuning the engine and the knowledge this year will pay off even more next year.

"I'm quite confident about that so the big question mark is the new rules on aerodynamics."

Not as dramatic but that's where the headline comes from.

Thunder

True, but that more a statement like "New rules, anything can happen", not doubts on the McLaren Team.
#aerogollum

Pierce89

Lucky wrote:
mrluke wrote:Agreed, I think the Honda is now broadly in line with the Renault. It's not quite as good as Mercedes or Ferrari, but it would be good enough to let RBR challenge for podiums..
http://www.sarov.info/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif
Yusuke Hasegawa:
"We're number four," he told Autosport. "It is Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and then Honda.
"We have a huge gap to Renault. I've been surprised by their progress. They have done a very good job.
"Next year, we're aiming to achieve the level of Mercedes engine.
"At this moment, I don't know if that is possible but that is our aim."
Come on everybody knows mrluke has better info than Hasegawa.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Thunder

#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:Brawn ask him to push for more tan twenty laps in Hungary 98. :D
Radio comunications please, as stated several times, there are engineers who make sensible radio comunications, and there are engineers who don´t care about the stress his driver is suffering. I don´t think Ross Brawn is from the later
Vasconia wrote:A rude request? come one, we cannot begin the samething again. Do you pretend that the engineer must say "dear driver, would you like to push now? or something similar?.
Yes, as several engineers do, so if some can, all of them can

Or that only applies to drivers but not engineers?
Vasconia wrote:but at the same time you dont consider driver´s answers rude in any circustance. Ok.
No, ok no. Please read what I write, I consider it rude, but I don´t think it must be taken too seriously because as stated several times drivers are under extreme stress driving, dialing car setup and at the same time talking to his engineer, all that while his heart rate is around 160-180bpm. Rude? Obviously. Understandable for the circumstances? Yes.
Vasconia wrote:I repeat it again, it was enough to say "I am already pushing"!" and not "do you work, I am doing mine", becase the engineer was ALREADY doing his job!.
Seriously, I think you don´t have a clue about what stress means. People under stress act very different to what that same person would do if calm. That´s the reason engineers never complain about drivers replies and it´s only fans who don´t like X driver who complain about his replies :roll:

I know because I´ve been tempted about critizicing Vettel insults too, but I understand his frustration and circumstances so didn´t say a word at the respect, even when that was way more criticable than Alonso´s comments

BTW, did you critizice Vettel or it´s only bad when it´s Alonso?

bauc

Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Lucky
Lucky

Mansell89
Mansell89

Important news and allays some of the concerns.

I suspect we may see some further American sponsorship down the line. Does it aid the rumoured Apple link-up?

Who knows.

He seems a guy who Ron trusted so that's a start.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

The end of Mclaren as we know it.

I kind of put this on the same league as the 'end' of Ferrari as we knew it with the departure of Luca di Montezemolo,
the end of Williams with the 'retreat' of Frank, the 'end' of Renault/Bennetton with the 'ousting' of Flavio Briatore,
the end of Lotus with the passing of Colin Chapman, and so on.

I'm ready to give it a chance, but all I see is another shade of corporate grey with a bland face. I don't see emotion nor passion.
And yes, i'm saying that from just a single picture, and yes, time rather will prove it. Say about ron what you want, but he had
passion.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"