2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Was the interview with Brown ''user friendly'' ? YES, it was

But, his...lest say CV tells us that he is a very successful businessmen who is in love with the team and its history, and in the same time he shares the values and the working principles that Ron established in McLaren over the years. Now, the question is, will he trade long term success just to put few more stickers on the car or will he dig deep and hard to make the team win again, to provide all of the needed tools & resources while putting few more stickers on the car is the main question for me.

For now, I remain hopeful that Mclaren will go back to to top in the near future but like all things in life nofting is for sure.

P.S.

Do you guys think that now, when Mclaren will be more ''open'' to sponsorships there is chance to see the white & red livery back on the car as a means to attract more attention on the track? Ofcousre the livery would be in different form that would not symbolize the Marlboro days from the past :)
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Thunder

bauc wrote: Do you guys think that now, when Mclaren will be more ''open'' to sponsorships there is chance to see the white & red livery back on the car as a means to attract more attention on the track? Ofcousre the livery would be in different form that would not symbolize the Marlboro days from the past :)
Only if their Title Sponsor has White/Red colors associated to them. You don't win new sponsors by advertising the (looong gone) Past.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Mclaren would do good stepping into a 'new era' and thus new 'livery' perhaps the Castrol/BP sponsorship would give that possibility, who knows.
White-green-red is an interesting combo, but i don't think well see that. In the interview there were words of seeking out new title sponsors and specifically luxury brands.
I don't see CastrolBP as Luxury branding but then again, neither does sensodyne.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bauc

Manoah2u wrote:Mclaren would do good stepping into a 'new era' and thus new 'livery' perhaps the Castrol/BP sponsorship would give that possibility, who knows.
White-green-red is an interesting combo, but i don't think well see that. In the interview there were words of seeking out new title sponsors and specifically luxury brands.
I don't see CastrolBP as Luxury branding but then again, neither does sensodyne.
What happened to that rumor that CastrolBP will join Mclaren next year and Mobil will move to RBR?

Thunder

Should be announced after the Season is finished if i recall that correctly.
#aerogollum

GoranF1
GoranF1

Thunders wrote:Should be announced after the Season is finished if i recall that correctly.
"Some say"....Dennis didnt sign it so he got fired.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:
Thunders wrote:Should be announced after the Season is finished if i recall that correctly.
"Some say"....Dennis didnt sign it so he got fired.
Nope, two very credible sources (Peter Windsor & Mark Hughes ) said that things got pretty personal between Ron and the Mansour Ojjeh and they've refused to provide any more feedback on the story since it was reallyindeed personal matters in question. Whatever happend, we can only guess, but you can read Ron's statement were he says he felt betrayed ect

Thunder

James Allen thinks the Deal will be announced soon:
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/11/ ... ip-issues/
#aerogollum

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:James Allen thinks the Deal will be announced soon:
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/11/ ... ip-issues/
BP seems to be almost done, but they still need a "big" sponsorhip. Hopefully this should happen in the next months if Brown does his job well.

kasio
kasio

What the point of sponsorship? Its not the way to win championship! They need good car, good engine and they are far off that!

bauc

kasio wrote:What the point of sponsorship? Its not the way to win championship! They need good car, good engine and they are far off that!
Well more cashflow might do good in order to increase development rate but yes in general I agree, they need to work on all areas of the car and then to add stickers on the car as a financial boost

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

kasio wrote:What the point of sponsorship? Its not the way to win championship! They need good car, good engine and they are far off that!
Are you actually suggesting that financial backing is not important for a race team?

Thunder

And you won't get any of that without Cash.
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

kasio wrote:What the point of sponsorship?
is that really a question?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

#aerogollum