2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FrukostScones

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

OMG:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... an-799873/

OMG:

Darren Heath‏@F1Photographer 57 minil y a 57 minutes

Ross Brawn on my flight to Frankfurt... That'll get tongues wagging! #GermanGP #F1

https://twitter.com/...555575059898369

found at autsport forums
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Kiril Varbanov

That's old, Ross Brawn denied any form of Ferrari involvement. It's funny how desperate they are at this point. Now is the time for the true vision and leadership to shine. Or sink. Too bad they will likely miss the chance to battle Mercedes at the dawn of the new rules in 2017. My bold prediction is that Red Bull will be even ahead of Ferrari in the first five races of 2017.

RedNEO

If Ferrari is really trying to sign Ross Brawn then they are living in the past. He's been out the game a long time and signing him won't recreate the 'good old days' like they want.

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27
According to Corriere, also Dirk De Beer (aerodynamic department) should leave Ferrari soon

bhall II
bhall II

LookBackTime wrote:...Dirk De Beer (aerodynamic department) should leave Ferrari soon
Makes sense (insofar as anything related to this can). He came over with Allison from Lotus.

f1316
f1316

What you can say is that, if the stories about utilising Haas's wind tunnel time were true, Ferrari did not make great use of it.

Whoever's responsible for that certainly has squandered a good strategic opportunity.

bhall II
bhall II

f1316 wrote:Whoever's responsible for that certainly has squandered a good strategic opportunity.
Not necessarily. The scope of the change from SF15-T to SF16-H cannot be understated, and it's actually quite remarkable that SF16-H is (was) competitive at all. McLaren made a similar jump from MP4-29 to MP4-30, and they ran into many more problems with their chassis. Ferrari's problems seem to be more related to setup; they're not fundamental.

In other news...
This Is F1 wrote:Auto Motor und Sport correspondent Michael Schmidt reports: “Returning to England is certainly one of the reasons for the separation.

“But there are also claims that Marchionne could not cope with Allison, because the Briton spoke his mind and refused to be dictated unreasonable targets in contrast to his (Allison’s) 25 years of motor sport experience,” he added.

Ferrari has replaced Allison with engine chief Mattia Binotto, but Schmidt claims this is just an “interim” solution.

There are reports Ferrari’s former technical director Ross Brawn is en route to Hockenheim.
Last edited by bhall II on 28 Jul 2016, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

GPR-A duplicate2

f1316 wrote:What you can say is that, if the stories about utilising Haas's wind tunnel time were true, Ferrari did not make great use of it.

Whoever's responsible for that certainly has squandered a good strategic opportunity.
Well, who knows Ferrari better than me. I had guessed this back then....
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 04#p615304
[color=#0000BF]by GPR-A » 20 Jan 2016, 10:54[/color] wrote:It is one thing to find an avenue of testing, but it is another to actually have creative IDEAS, implement them and then test. I doubt if they really have brains on aerodynamics whose ideas they can perfected using this avenue. Red Bull, not sure how much they used the opportunity of Toro Rosso, had enormous strength and depth in aerodynamics. Mercedes, without any such avenues has managed to rival Red Bull (not outsmart). So, it's about ideas, not just about an avenue of testing. I would not be surprised if Ferrari remains a distant second or even third this year. In the past too, we have heard loads of BS in winter. They couldn't show a great progress through in season development last year. I hope this is not another crap like 70% new car of last year.
Ben as usual..... The Ferrari Guardian. :)
bhall II wrote:

Code: Select all

[quote="f1316"]Whoever's responsible for that certainly has squandered a good strategic opportunity.[/quote]
Not necessarily.  The scope of the change from SF15-T to SF16-H cannot be understated, and it's actually quite remarkable that SF16-H is (was) competitive at all.  McLaren made a similar jump from MP4-29 to MP4-30, and they ran into many more problems with their chassis.  Ferrari's problems seem to be more related to setup; they're not fundamental.

In other news...

[quote="[url=http://www.thisisf1.com/category/f1-top-news/]This Is F1[/url]"]Auto Motor und Sport correspondent Michael Schmidt reports: “Returning to England is certainly one of the reasons for the separation.

“But there are also claims that Marchionne could not cope with Allison, because the Briton spoke his mind and refused to be dictated unreasonable targets in contrast to his (Allison’s) 25 years of motor sport experience,” he added.

Ferrari has replaced Allison with engine chief Mattia Binotto, but Schmidt claims this is just an “interim” solution.

There are reports Ferrari’s former technical director Ross Brawn is en route to Hockenheim.[/quote]
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 28 Jul 2016, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

bhall II
bhall II

Only Sergio Marchionne thought this season could end with a Championship for Ferrari. As much as I was smitten with the early promise of the car, it quickly became clear that it was no more than a step in the right direction. But, a rational person can accept that, because it's (usually) unavoidable.

Something something omelette and breaking eggs.

EDIT:
GPR-A wrote:Ben as usual..... The Ferrari Guardian. :)
How's this for guardianship? I fully expect Ferrari to get smacked by both Mercedes and Red Bull next year and possibly McLaren.

Phil

It's funny though... I could swear I witnessed quite a few of euphoric posts regarding how Ferrari was going to be a championship contender this year by quite a few members... Sure it did look potentially promising at some point during the year, but their relative position IMO was never going to be a big surprise. In fact, the only surprise of this year, for me at least, is that I didn't expect RedBull to be as strong relatively speaking. Going into 2016, some even thought Toro Rosso might beat them. And that is quite a compliment to Renault.

As for Ferrari and Alison... God, I wish I knew what was going on in Vettels head now. Sometime this and last year, people were poking fun at Alonso after what seemed to be very promising prospects of Ferrari. I'm still not sure either (Ferrari or McLaren) will be championship contenders anytime soon, but I do think going into 2017 will be a big year for RedBull and I'm quite looking forward to see what Mercedes can deliver.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

ripper
ripper

Yeah I also think that next year Ferrari will be fighting for 5-8th place. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the magnitude of changes in the staff during a season and before a total overhaul of regulations doesn't bode well

GPR-A duplicate2

Phil wrote:....................people were poking fun at Alonso after what seemed to be very promising prospects of Ferrari. ......................
You mean something like this? This was posted by one of the Ferrari fanboys last year to make fun of Alonso's decision to leave Ferrari. I took this image and kept, because I knew the time would come sooner when the situation would be reversed.

santos
santos

What do you mean with reversed? Even in a bad year of Ferrari, with all kind of things happening with the team, they are 2nd or 3rd best team. Mclaren on the other hand, doesn't seem to be feeling pressure from media, fans, working in peace... they have made a lot of progression, but they are still behind Ferrari. So i don't see what is reversed.

Phil

Well... yeah, I guess like that. And perhaps also adding the belief that seemed to be quite strong coming into this year that Ferrari would be actual championship contenders. That of course didn't materialize nor does it look like that will happen. Anyway, I shouldn't have brought up Alonso - while I see McLaren making good improvements, I don't see them becoming championship contenders anytime soon either. So neither is better than the other (IMO).

I was quite positive for Ferrari though. Last year was a very good year for them - the team seemingly highly motivated and it all seemed as if everything is about to come together nicely.... and now this. :|
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Mangalhit

Still behind Ferrari, Red Bull, Williams, Force India and Toro rosso. Maybe 2017 with the engine overhaul they need plus rule change they will leapfrog Ferrari. But while they don't do it you should keep that imagine in you computer otherwise you are jumping the trigger like you accuse a Ferrari fanboy of doing.

Plus I see that image just like some good fun on the caption competition, nothing more. A bit like the "places Alonso would rather be" and others, just good fun. You take your Ferrari hatred a bit to far I think. It's funny how you point your fingers to over optimistic fans like giantfan (and rightly so sometimes) but you forget to see how you are the same just in opposite form.

As for the claim that Ferrari is nowhere near the Merc to compete I disagree, they are close in pace just very bad in strategy and luck, but close enough so that if the medals were reversed and Ferrari had the pace advantage that Merc has, IMO Merc would still be ahead of Ferrari with a slower car. So I think people that were hoping for a battle between the two were really just hoping that Ferrari would close the gap enough so that, while still slower, they could hope for some big big luck and mercedes screw ups to keep the championship open. Ofc as we now know it happened the other way around and that is all that counts