2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
hemichromis
hemichromis

Re: 2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Well they have one seat for talent so the other must be for money!

Hoping Rossi gets another chance.

NathanOlder

I think it will be good for Wehrlein, as I feel Rossi would have matched him and all the hype around Wehrlein would die.
So I feel Haryanto will make Pascal look look very good.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rzlrip
rzlrip

don't be jelouse, I think Haryanto is not bad too. He should be at second place on the Final Clasification of GP2 if FIA have a fair rules for the asian driver.
I think there are many conspiration for any asian driver. :)

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

So if he should have been 2nd last year, how do you explain 14th, 15th and 19th in the other seasons?

The guys a dud, not really worth a seat.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Why is there always a conspiracy when person x/team x doesn't win? Haryanto obviously isn't complete dogshit and it seems unlikely he'll be remembered as the worst drivers to sit in an F1 car. But lets be real, if F1 was pure meritocracy there is no way Haryanto would ever be in F1.

FW17

Haryanto and Rossi were teammates at Caterham during the first half of the 2014 GP2 season and Rio looked the better driver. Haryanto outqualified the American 3-2, outscored Rossi 26-10, and had the better when both finished 4-3. Not a large sample size, but the comparison is more pertinent than other seasons when they competed in different teams.

rzlrip
rzlrip

Yeah. This is good news for Rio, F1, and of course Indonesia. Rio will show you the best. Embarrassing for all of you who underestimate him (Rio) and thought it could happen because the pay!

Plus Manor using Mercedes engine this year and new management team plus a big money supported. So will be a big suprise for all F1 fans

For other story before this, he was using his own family money from their books/paper company (kiky). then after join to GP3 he was supported by indonesian oil company (pertamina). start from there have master plan road to F1 after years.

Also it's so hard get approve from the goverment to get the money, but they get loans from the bank to meet the dead line for 3 million euro to pay the down payment.
but finally yesterday pertamina give the full first payment

So that's not instant race live process.

jagunx51

NathanOlder wrote:I think it will be good for Wehrlein, as I feel Rossi would have matched him and all the hype around Wehrlein would die.
So I feel Haryanto will make Pascal look look very good.
..... viceversa
............!!!!

jagunx51

ChrisF1 wrote:So if he should have been 2nd last year, how do you explain 14th, 15th and 19th in the other seasons?

The guys a dud, not really worth a seat.
Do u thing PW deserve the seat? really....just because he is a Merc DTM champion??
............!!!!

jagunx51

hemichromis wrote:Well they have one seat for talent so the other must be for money!

Hoping Rossi gets another chance.
If Rossi get the 2nd seat, then it must be a money factor #-o
............!!!!

jagunx51

NathanOlder wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... 0295/.html

According to the Telegraph , Rio Haryanto has secured the drive in the 2nd Manor. Crazy how someone who hardly performed in GP2 has gor into F1. Just like Chilton did.
as crazy as how someone that have not enough time performed in single seater got the 1st seat. A Germ4n connection for sure
............!!!!

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

I think everyone should just take a moment and breathe.

Scuderia1967

Pascal won last year's DTM... without having the best car. I think it's fair to say he has talent.
As for Rio, he has 2 GP3 wins and 4 GP2 wins on his belt, so he can't be that bad.
Having said that, it's clear that, without Mercedes and the Indonesian government aids, neither would have gotten the place

turbof1

Scuderia1967 wrote:Pascal won last year's DTM... without having the best car. I think it's fair to say he has talent.
As for Rio, he has 2 GP3 wins and 4 GP2 wins on his belt, so he can't be that bad.
Having said that, it's clear that, without Mercedes and the Indonesian government aids, neither would have gotten the place
The issue currently in F1 is that are only limited places, more limited then in the past I'd say. You need to give something "convincing" to get anybody in F1, whether they are talented or not.
#AeroFrodo

Starscreamer

Rio for the money
Pascal for the talent
Both drivers won some races

win win situation
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023