Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wuzak
wuzak

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

It is not surprising that the suspension of t he VF-16 and the SF16-H look the same since they are some of the listed parts that Haas bought from Ferrari.

TechF1

wuzak wrote:It is not surprising that the suspension of t he VF-16 and the SF16-H look the same since they are some of the listed parts that Haas bought from Ferrari.
i was just joking... for me the vf-16 chassis is the old SF-15T rebuilt by Dallara, so if someone would like to see how a push rod suspension look on a SF-15T here it is :D

Bomber_Pilot

TechF1 wrote:SF-16H Push rod Vs SF-15T with a push rod... oops VF-16 :mrgreen:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cch2DI6WAAEhXLg.jpg:large

That is quite a big access panel on the Ferrari. There had been some talks about an incoming s-duct. Are there any "new rumors" about that, or is that just what it is - an access panel for people with slightly larger hands?

TechF1

Bomber_Pilot wrote:
TechF1 wrote:SF-16H Push rod Vs SF-15T with a push rod... oops VF-16 :mrgreen:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cch2DI6WAAEhXLg.jpg:large

That is quite a big access panel on the Ferrari. There had been some talks about an incoming s-duct. Are there any "new rumors" about that, or is that just what it is - an access panel for people with slightly larger hands?
It's a vanity panel, anyway i think later in FP 1 in Melbourne we will see some new aero "bits" like a front wing or a new floor and diffuser, Arrivabene said something about a slimmer dress...
S-Duct, dunno... for sure the front of the car i think will have some new parts.

smhasan7
smhasan7

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

I think they are going to do a repeat of last year with the sidepods.. the slimmer sidepod might show itself after some GP's and this current version will be used where low drag is needed like Canada, Spa, Monza etc

In this image I can see a downward slope above the UPS logo which suggest they might still be using last years radiator configuration and not ditched it for a RedBull style one when RedBull themselves changed to Ferrari style layout last year.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

jetho
jetho

Is the cooling outlet right behind the UPS logo always open or do they open it when the car is back in the pits?

f300v10
f300v10

jetho wrote:Is the cooling outlet right behind the UPS logo always open or do they open it when the car is back in the pits?
Its a flap that is opened in the pits.

f300v10
f300v10

The small notch in the front wing turning vane was present yesterday as well. It probably appeared at the same time as the element added to the outside of the endplate.

mkable1370
mkable1370

pciarro wrote:
Rhodium wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcigPFTWAAA5heT.jpg

it's time for news parts ?
(or a 4th engine because other 3 are dead... ?)
3 engines gone are just a speculation. That box might be full of pasta ;-)
Read this morning that Ferrari are switching out the first PU and installed a new one for Vettel's session today. If true that would dispel the 3-engines used so-far rumor.

giantfan10
giantfan10

mkable1370 wrote:
pciarro wrote:
Rhodium wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcigPFTWAAA5heT.jpg

it's time for news parts ?
(or a 4th engine because other 3 are dead... ?)
3 engines gone are just a speculation. That box might be full of pasta ;-)
Read this morning that Ferrari are switching out the first PU and installed a new one for Vettel's session today. If true that would dispel the 3-engines used so-far rumor.
Arrivabene said in no uncertain terms that Ferrari have absolutely zero issues with the engine and the PU was changed to be sent back to italy to be ran untill it failed on the bench.... just like they planned

poolboy67

it was seb's turn today, and ofcourse the car has no problems whatsoever, as it never does when seb is at the wheel. raikkonen on the other hand....
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

zioture
zioture

TechF1

If you love like me the car hardware running an awesome video:
https://youtu.be/Tu3MvfBRpiQ