Narain Karthikeyan

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Narain Karthikeyan

I know he is a test driver for Williams. But I have not seen/ heard once this year, What duties is he doing? media relations?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jaslfc
jaslfc

he delivers the cheque frm the indian sponsors!! :lol:

Jason

Former Jordan race Narain Karthikeyan returned to the cockpit on Wednesday in his role as Williams test driver. The Indian joined Red Bull’s David Coulthard for a low-key test session at the Spanish circuit of Valencia.

“Today Narain had his first run in the FW28 after several months out of an F1 car in dry, but windy, conditions,” reported Williams’ test team manager, Mike Condliffe. “He carried out some initial aero tests as well as putting some additional mileage on revised mechanical parts as well as the engine in preparation for Melbourne. Tomorrow, Alex Wurz will take over testing duties”

Karthikeyan completed 79 laps on the first of Williams’ three days at Valencia. He finished around a second down on pacesetter Coulthard, who ran 82 laps as Red Bull continued development work with their RB2 machine.
Don't worry, he's okay there with Williams :wink:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

m3_lover

I think they took him for the sponsorship money that he could bring, he is not tested at all mostly this year. Is he a back up to Wurz?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

Karthikeyan only tested once for the Williams team this season so far! 1 day, after the Malaysian GP and the day after, Wurz took over. It was planned like that. So, he doesn't cover a lot of testing miles for the Williams F1 Team. Perhaps he has another function in the team, besides the promotional things he has to do for the sponsors.

Lightspeed

Click on the "Watch Tata Racing Video" button on the Macromedia Flash item on the left hand side 8) 8) >> http://www.tataracing.com/home.asp

zac510
zac510

He's not getting many miles for his sponsor dollars.

ketanpaul

Well, whatever he is doing, I think he will be eventually better off than his former team-mate Tiago Monteiro. Narain is very quick but erratic. Probably testing for a team like Williams will make him consistent.

johny

i thing narain won't go anyway, he's just doing that testing role thanks to tata

Principessa

ketanpaul wrote:Well, whatever he is doing, I think he will be eventually better off than his former team-mate Tiago Monteiro. Narain is very quick but erratic. Probably testing for a team like Williams will make him consistent.
I have to disagree with you! I don't think he'll be better of than Monteiro, because Monteiro will have more experience in an f1 race than Karthikeyan. Monteiro was the better driver at Jordan as well!

Principessa

Here is a pic of Karthikeyan testing at Barcelona last week :wink:

ketanpaul

hey thanks :lol: