Red Bull infighting

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Red Bull infighting

Saw this on ITV-F1

Scott Speed says that tension continues to simmer between him and David Coulthard after their Australian argument.
The American rookie was penalised for passing Coulthard under yellow flags in Melbourne, and then fined for swearing at the Scot during the stewards’ meeting about the incident.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Speed alleges that the confrontation could have escalated had he not restrained himself.
"I used some profanity toward David," Speed told journalists at a news conference.
"In return, he started being a bit physical.
“My mom's raised me to not fight, and therefore a situation didn't arise.
“But it was a very intense situation indeed.''
Speed said he was not yet willing to put the incident behind him.
"I would say the gloves are off,'' he said.
"He was very disrespectful toward me.
“The fact we have the same parent company, Red Bull, and that we're part of the same family means that eventually things will cool down.
“As it is right now, there's certainly a lot of tension between us."
Speed also claimed that the stewards took Coulthard’s side in the dispute because of his seniority and greater experience.
“Who's going to believe what I say? I’m the rookie,” said Speed.

Whoa this guy thinks he is Artyon Senna over here
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jaslfc
jaslfc

honestly i cant remeber the incident with david. Who was in the right? dc or speed.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Even more heated was the dispute between Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso. As Button’s car sent a smoke screen across the track, everyone in the Rosso garage realised it promoted Speed to eighth, the place that is worth the final point on offer. But he was then summoned to the Stewards office as officials had decided that the American rookie had passed Coulthard under the yellows. Both parties put their point of view and at one point an emotional Scott apparently suggested that David might like to go somewhere and partake in sexual intercourse! The Stewards took a dim view of things and fined Scott US$5000 for using rude language, as well as handing the point to David.
http://www.f1technical.net/news/2450

ginsu
ginsu

Well, it just seems a bit silly to argue over one point. Especially when he did pass under yellow flags. Give it up Speed. He should've taken it a bit better really.
I love to love Senna.

Steven
Owner

I guess he'll have to learn a lot.
It's quite simple to me, passing under yellow and even become verbaly aggressive is unwanted, and it cost him his point. He shouldn't whine about it and just look forward to the next race.

Principessa

It's true Tomba, he should concentrate on the next GP and should score a point there, to show that he can do it!

ginsu
ginsu

Speed apparently 'won't change his attitude' following the incident with Coulthard. It's hard to imagine somebody not feeling like an idiot after losing $5000 for swearing at somebody. I was hoping he wouldn't make Americans look bad in F1, but lo and behold, he's making us look like arrogant bastards. I apologize on behalf of Speed, he should just suck it up, he's a rookie after all, and nobody his going to defend him for passing under a yellow flag.
I love to love Senna.

RH1300S
RH1300S

ginsu wrote:Speed apparently 'won't change his attitude' following the incident with Coulthard. It's hard to imagine somebody not feeling like an idiot after losing $5000 for swearing at somebody. I was hoping he wouldn't make Americans look bad in F1, but lo and behold, he's making us look like arrogant bastards. I apologize on behalf of Speed, he should just suck it up, he's a rookie after all, and nobody his going to defend him for passing under a yellow flag.
No need to apologise (with an "s" ;))

"It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them"

PG Wodehouse
Last edited by RH1300S on 10 Apr 2006, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jason

Apparently Speed deserved that point but his careless mistake on DC cost him a point, true Speed should concentrate on next race, so his position would be threaten much. No one will defend him since his is a rookie, he should on Imola from now on, he better forget the Australian GP farce is he wants the point back in Imola.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

wrk

just another yank thinking that the whole race was put on for him.....

pity DC didnt deck him....

if ya cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen........

and whats he saying, my mom raised me not to fight.........pussy.

well if you dont want to fight i think he's in the wrong sport......

he might try.............. http://www.kniting.com.
gentlemen start your engines......

Tom

"I used some profanity toward David,
In return, he started being a bit physical."
I very much doubt that DC nearly came to blows over this.

He has had far more reason to hit folk (Spa '98) and has restrained himself well, but part of me agrees with wrk, deck the little f***.

Red bull fighting.

I think Speed should wait till Monaco, Suzuka or Montreal, real circuits were the driver must work, before playing the arrogant card.
Also check the positions at the end of the season, I think he will be dissapointed.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

ginsu
ginsu

RH1300S wrote:
ginsu wrote:Speed apparently 'won't change his attitude' following the incident with Coulthard. It's hard to imagine somebody not feeling like an idiot after losing $5000 for swearing at somebody. I was hoping he wouldn't make Americans look bad in F1, but lo and behold, he's making us look like arrogant bastards. I apologize on behalf of Speed, he should just suck it up, he's a rookie after all, and nobody his going to defend him for passing under a yellow flag.
No need to apologise (with an "s" ;))

"It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them"

PG Wodehouse
Us arrogant bastard americans have changed the spelling to suit us:

a·pol·o·gize Audio pronunciation of "apologize" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pl-jz)
intr.v. a·pol·o·gized, a·pol·o·giz·ing, a·pol·o·giz·es

1. To make excuse for or regretful acknowledgment of a fault or offense.
2. To make a formal defense or justification in speech or writing.
I love to love Senna.

Tom

Just found this.

Very similar but a little more Speed biased.
Scott Speed and David Coulthard exchanged profanities and nearly fists in Melbourne, as stewards handed Californian and Toro Rosso rookie Speed's debut F1 point to veteran Coulthard, who drives for Red Bull Racing.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, 23-year-old Speed - the first American in F1 since 1993 who returned to the States after Australia - is in no mood to forgive and forget.

He admitted telling DC, 34, to 'f**k off', but reckons the winner of 13 grands prix then 'started being a bit physical.

''(Coulthard) was very disrespectful toward me.

''As it is right now, there's certainly a lot of tension between us,'' Scott Speed said.

Anyone who has personally interviewed Speed will attest to his caustic personality, but he reckons the stewards favoured Coulthard's testimony because he has driven in 194 more GPs.

He wondered: ''Who's going to believe what I say?''

In a press conference, Speed insisted that even the $5000 fine for swearing will not silence him in the future.

''I won't take sh*t from no one,'' he added.
I like the
(Coulthard) was very disrespectful toward me.
and
'I won't take sh*t from no one.
Come on man. This is a big boys sport, grow up.
If you want respect, earn it on track and remember, the stewarts are boss, you have to take s*** from them.

P.S. New Grasham English Dictionary: apologize: make an apology.

I didn't know that.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

RH1300S
RH1300S

I am pretty sure the Oxford English Dictionary has "apologize" with the option of "ise" :D

I prefer the "ise" just to dig at US spellings..........;)

Scott Speed sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do...........on track I would say he has showed pretty well so far. :idea: Shut up and drive Scott...

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Red Bull is in F1 for the marketing and exposure. They are targeting the young, extreme sports crowd. So maybe having one of their drivers show a bit of moxie isn't such a bad thing for Red Bull. But Scott Speed should realize he's on the world stage now, not in some local event where sometimes vulgarities and fistfights break out.
Right now Speed's respect factor within the F1 driver's community is zero, and he won't get an ounce of respect or help from his peers. Michael Andretti had great talent, but in the end he pissed away his chance at F1 because of his attitude.
Grow up Scott, you are in a chance of a lifetime, because if you keep this up, there are dozens of young, talented drivers in the Red Bull organization just waiting to take your seat.