Red Bull infighting

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ginsu
ginsu

If Red Bull is into promoting typical stereotypes of people/cultures, then I think they've done right in Scott Speed. Also, I've always thought Liuzzi was a bit too flashy (some of his hats are awful), although some might say that's a stereotype for Italians. Personally, I like the more technical drivers, but I'm sure alot of Americans like Speed, and somehow think he's cool for doing what he did.

If I were a rookie I'd be out there making friends not enemies. Coulthard is a
very experienced driver, and he's well entrenched in F1. Speed just shot himself in the foot, now we watch him bleed slowly to death. Him, sound familiar? The question is if he'll last longer than Michael Andretti.
I love to love Senna.

Spencifer_Murphy

Personally I think Speed has to grow up. His behaviour has proved very immature. He has some raw pace and yes he is the first American since Michael Andretti in F1, so therefore there is lots of pressure on him, but that doesnt mean he has to behave like an 8 year old. "I dont take --- from no one" is one comment that left me speechless. This man is how old now?! Please Grow Up Scott.

Also "(Coulthard) was very disrespectful to me" Somehow I doubt this concidering DC to be one of those people concidered "TOO nice to be world champ". Its hard for us as "outsiders" to the F1 circus to judge a person's character based on what we see on TV, but after all these years DC has always seemed to be one of those guys who give a lot for the fans with regards to press interviews etc.

As for Speed, well on ITV's commentary for melbourne James Allen mentioned Speed, I cannot remember the precise comment but it prompted Martin Brundle to say something allong the lines of "I've gathered that Scott Speed has not been the easiest guy to get allong with from my few brief encounters with him".

In short; DC has for many years shown to be a humble and all round Mr "Nice Guy", whereas in just 3 GP's Speed has shown himself to be nothing more than Arrogant and a bit hot-headed, not to mention immature.

NOT the best ambassador for the Americans tbh. My uncle from the states was hoping Speed would show that "The Americans really can hack it in F1" recently when speaking to me he said "Speed has turned out to be quick-ish, but his talent must be honed, something that wont happen if he burns bridges with everyone in the sport - he has been a major disapiontment for me."
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

ketanpaul

Well Scott Speed really is tough guy to get around and the worst part is that he think that it helps him to get what he wants in racing !!!

Jason

ketanpaul wrote:Well Scott Speed really is tough guy to get around and the worst part is that he think that it helps him to get what he wants in racing !!!
That's not gonna help him to get what he wants :P
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

fwa2500

he has to learn you must be able to take losses if you want to win......no victory in war came without loosing a battle......

and ya, he does stereotype americans.....rude, arogant, ignorant, and it must be thier way or its wrong..... :roll:

jaslfc
jaslfc

i thnk speed is a young kid and he will learn from this incident. i doubt he will be repeating this behaviour anymore.