The Mark Webber Pure Tasmania Challenge

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

The Mark Webber Pure Tasmania Challenge

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2498

Mark Webber, Cradle Mountain Tasmania

Kayaking in Strahan, Tasmania

West Coast Wilderness Railway

For the ones who don't know where Tasmania is:

I really think it's a great initiative of Webber. He really wants to do something for those children!
Great guy that Aussi :wink:

zac510
zac510

As long as he doesn't get flattened by that train!

Principessa

zac510 wrote:As long as he doesn't get flattened by that train!
The train is part of the Pure Tasmania company, the main sponsor of Webber's event, that organises adventure trips in Tasmania and owns couple of hotels there. So he has to make some advertisement for them too. :wink:

zac510
zac510

But it's heading straight for him! Quick Mark, move away!

f1.redbaron

Re: The Mark Webber Pure Tasmania Challenge

Now he can be friends with this guy:

rsfocus
rsfocus

mark is a really nice bloke, i spent at least an hour one day talking to him (back in his sports car days) at a yellow pages launch, he was standing in the corner with nobody talking to him, i had a pic i took of him in his formual ford days i wanted him to sign, he did and we chatted, then he got up did his speach for yellow pages and came back and we chatted more.

pity the australian media put way too much pressure on him. they need to lay off a bit. sorry back to the topic...

i cant wait for the next challenge, i only got to see a very small bit of his last one, got to where he was setting off on a ride too late and saw mark and the others riding in the distance :( i noticed though this time he is openeing it to corporate teams to enter, might have to talk to my bosses here at work and get a team in there :D

Jason

Well, I would go to Tasmania this November to watch it. Should be fun if I can take part :D
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

DarkSnape

Webber can't overtake :))

It amazes me the inability of Mark Webber to overtake in F1.

I would like to mention some situations that supports my statement.

1> Aussie 05.
In a superior car.
Webber got overtaken by DC and tried to pay back and fails, almost crashing.

2> Sepang 05.
On better tires.
Webber crashes Ralf and Fisi, almost get seriously hurt.

3> Bahrain 05.
On better car and tires.
Webber tries to overtake Rubens and niente.

4> Monaco 05.
On better tires.
Webber spends several laps behind Alonso on bad tires, then Nick goes by Fred smoothly and Webber follows the example, but w/o class.

5> Turkey 05.
On a better car.
Webber fighting for the 10th? place crashes MS and makes him to abandon the race.

6> Bahrain 06.
On better engine.
Tries to overtake an ill powered Fisi and looses a lot of time behind.
Finally overtakes him tankfully to a off track excursion of Fisi.

7> Sepang 06.
On better engine and lighter fuel loads.
Driving the most powerfull engine of the grid and on lighter fuel load tries to overtake Fred along several laps.
MW pitted after 14 laps and FA after 26 laps (2,7 kg x 12 laps = 32,4 kg).
MW was at least 0,5 sec faster than Fred.

Maybe MW sandbagged due to his bad memories on this same Sepang trying to overtake a Renault. If he had troubles overtaking Fisi, the buona gente, imagine the problems to overtake El Matador.
Or maybe MW was waiting for Nick to come by and show him the way... after all, Sepang is a tricky circuit to overtake ( the circuit is narrow and there aren't long straights, enough).

Webber is a classic example of how to look great in a perceived mediocre car such as Jaguar. But when he is in Williams, he aint that special at all. First Nick proved it , then Rosberg now.

Principessa

I'm sorry DarkSnape, but this has NOTHING to do with the topic. Read the newsarticle I've posted and read the whole topic before replying! Thx

DarkSnape

yah but it was about MW and i bring the moment ..sry

zac510
zac510

Don't start with this bullshit DarkSnape, this board is good because it doesn't have one-eyed opinionated comments like that.

Why does every one of your comments start with 'On better' ? Is that not supposed to belittle Mark's achievements? In all cases they are assumptions or simply your opinion so bear little weight.

If you really want I could give you my same opinion on every one of those events but that would contradict your opinion so you wouldn't ever accept it with mature reasoning.

We all know you're a one-eyed BMW fanboy so I can't take any of your comments seriously. The fact that you have tacked on an insulting post in a normal thread earns you no respect from me. Now close this thread and get back to the tech section.

Principessa

Please stop it! This topic is about the other side of F1 like I wrote an article about Trulli and his vineyard, I wrote an article about the Mark Webber Challenge because I think it's interesting and I think that a lot of true F1 fans want to hear about that too. So please keep to the topic and stop talking rubbish! If you want to argue about Webber's driving skills, start a new topic!

This really isn't fun. I've put a lot of work in that newsarticle and I wanted to share that with you all....so this topic is no place to start argueing about the man his driving skills!

DarkSnape

soryyyyyyyyyyyyyy .. i`m sorryy

zac510
zac510

That's OK Darksnape. Love F1 because all drivers and all teams are good and in there racing for it. They're not bitter at each other so why should you be?

I sound like a hippy. Peace on man!

m3_lover

Wasn't Mark voted last year like 5 or 6th Hottest Australian man in his country.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.