Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Maybe a little. Normally the drivers, especially if its clear that they are going to jump teams are far from the actual numbers and details. There was an interesting interview with Damon Hill about his last year at Williams, they just shut him out on the '97 car. I assume that a Ferrari tech knows more about the W07 then Hamilton. Rosberg could be a odd one out because of his engineering degree but for the rest it's more or less "arrive and drive". The drivers with the most details in their head will be the sim drivers/test drivers. Vergne at Ferrari for instance. They work with the design team, drivers only (for the most part) the racing team.
Rosberg does not have an engineering degree though. He was only accepted into Imperial College but he didn't take up the offer. He continued racing instead. There is no way you can properly complete a three or four year degree in engineering and have time to race as much as he did. He could probably extend the degree to five or six years and even then it would be still be tough to make it to classes and do all those labs and mid-terms. No way.
I will correct myself: an apprentice engineering view on stuff happening around him.

But I really think, if you want data from a team trough a driver, take the one that works with the engineers in the sim/factory.

gavingav1
gavingav1

Jolle
Jolle

I thought Buemi's contract with RedBull ended last year but he's testing the 2017 tires for them now. Could he replace Kvyat for spa on?

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Dani is clearly out and it seems his temperament is not at all desirable for the F1 brand. That seemed pretty obvious to me with the way he dealt with his collisions earlier this season.

Just thinking way, way ahead here at a Ham end game. I don't believe RB is what he wants. How about riding out the wave at Merc and with perfect timing heading back home to Ron/McLaren/Honda for a dream like swansong into history.....................................................(subtle coughs.....................finish the Senna dream................... :wink: ).

FW17

Renault to go blue next year with the signing of 2 Spanish sponsors

Maybe Sainz could still shift

flickerf1
flickerf1

FW17 wrote:Renault to go blue next year with the signing of 2 Spanish sponsors

Source?
The Wicked + The Divine.

iotar__

- No, the opposite. You now know why they needed Sainz so much =P~ , mystery solved, marketing driven circus.
- Might be the reason why they suddenly discovered Perez as real or fake alternative
As the third driver? I thought that they already had Perez and Ocon (and Sainz, and Buemi of course).

Vasconia

Alexgtt wrote:Dani is clearly out and it seems his temperament is not at all desirable for the F1 brand. That seemed pretty obvious to me with the way he dealt with his collisions earlier this season.

Just thinking way, way ahead here at a Ham end game. I don't believe RB is what he wants. How about riding out the wave at Merc and with perfect timing heading back home to Ron/McLaren/Honda for a dream like swansong into history.....................................................(subtle coughs.....................finish the Senna dream................... :wink: ).
This makes sense given how much Hamilton admires Senna. But it wont be before 2018 o 2019 or just until McLaren can win the WC haha.

Vasconia

iotar__ wrote:

- No, the opposite. You now know why they needed Sainz so much =P~ , mystery solved, marketing driven circus.
- Might be the reason why they suddenly discovered Perez as real or fake alternative
As the third driver? I thought that they already had Perez and Ocon (and Sainz, and Buemi of course).
Renault doesnt need this money. But if this true(we have no oficial source) would confirm Sainz´s chances. Renault´s chief commented while ago that Sainz was a very interesting option.

FW17

Since when has a team said no to sponsorship money?
Last edited by FW17 on 05 Aug 2016, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

FW17

I wish Haas would let Kurt Busch drive the USGP

And if the USGP was at Indy it would have been a lot easier on the driver.

Jolle
Jolle

Alexgtt wrote:Dani is clearly out and it seems his temperament is not at all desirable for the F1 brand. That seemed pretty obvious to me with the way he dealt with his collisions earlier this season.

Wasn't Senna's plan/dream to once drive/finish his career at Ferrari?

Vasconia

FW17 wrote:Since when has a team said no to sponsorship money?

Never.

I have only said that Renault is not desperated to receive that money but its obviously welcome. And if they have many doubts to choose between two drivers it could be an extra point. But Renault wont choose Saiz because of these sponsors(or Perez who has also more important sponsors) but because they considere him or Perez an interesting option to make a winner team in the future.

ClarkBT11

flickerf1 wrote:

Source?
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/04/ ... -for-2017/

Vasconia

Jolle wrote:

Wasn't Senna's plan/dream to once drive/finish his career at Ferrari?
Senna´s dream was to have the best car, and because of this he signed with Williams. As far I as know he said no to Ferrari more than once.