2016 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi, Apr. 29 - May 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Henk
Henk

Re: 2016 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi, Apr. 29 - May 01

Just came here to check how Hamilton should have won or how he actually won the race. Was not disappointed.

aral
aral

GPR-A wrote:
ringo wrote:I think the "water pressure issues" was a way of preventing Lewis from challenging Nico.
There were about 20 laps left with a 7 second gap, Nico would have been challenged for sure. Water pressure stabilizing itself sounds kind of silly to me as well.
Just another manipulation from Toto to give Rosberg a title before the regulations change or before his contract is up.
There surely is some question mark around this. Why did they took the mechanics from Lewis' team, that was built over 3 years and then place them in Nico's garage? Who knows, there might be few mechanics who would have grown to hate Lewis while he was beating Nico, just like a whole lot of folks on these forums and might just be screwing up Lewis' car. :roll: Someone from Mercedes said, Nico had ERS problems when he lost that chunk and SUDDENLY, Lewis was told that there is this WATER related issue. :shock: For most part of practice, Lewis was faster than Nico and even in Q1 he was faster, suddenly he faces this problem that slows him down in Q2 and eliminates from Q3. :o Probably, the Stuttgart might have grown this craziness to see a German winning in the German team, that might be some kind of a greater PR gimmick.

wow! Paranoia strikes again! Do you not think that just maybe, there was a water pressure problem with Lewis's car? Not everything is a conspiracy !
I didn't hear about there being a DRS problem with Nico's car, but he wouldnt have needed it as he was being given blue flag passes on any other car, anyway.

GPR-A duplicate2

aral wrote:
GPR-A wrote:There surely is some question mark around this. Why did they took the mechanics from Lewis' team, that was built over 3 years and then place them in Nico's garage? Who knows, there might be few mechanics who would have grown to hate Lewis while he was beating Nico, just like a whole lot of folks on these forums and might just be screwing up Lewis' car. :roll: Someone from Mercedes said, Nico had ERS problems when he lost that chunk and SUDDENLY, Lewis was told that there is this WATER related issue. :shock: For most part of practice, Lewis was faster than Nico and even in Q1 he was faster, suddenly he faces this problem that slows him down in Q2 and eliminates from Q3. :o Probably, the Stuttgart might have grown this craziness to see a German winning in the German team, that might be some kind of a greater PR gimmick.
wow! Paranoia strikes again! Do you not think that just maybe, there was a water pressure problem with Lewis's car? Not everything is a conspiracy !
I didn't hear about there being a DRS problem with Nico's car, but he wouldnt have needed it as he was being given blue flag passes on any other car, anyway.
Read it right....

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Meh. Don't mind the Hamilton fans. They talk like this everytime Hamilton is not winning. Even Ted Kravitz asked a stupid question to Niki Lauda about conspiracy and Mercedes wanting Nico to win the title and guess what, he called it BS. Now tell me that even Niki Lauda is involved in this conspiracy.

dans79

GrayGreat wrote:Meh. Don't mind the Hamilton fans. They talk like this everytime Hamilton is not winning. Even Ted Kravitz asked a stupid question to Niki Lauda about conspiracy and Mercedes wanting Nico to win the title and guess what, he called it BS. Now tell me that even Niki Lauda is involved in this conspiracy.
Nothing worse than the bandwagon fans Nico has now.
197 104 103 7

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

dans79 wrote:
GrayGreat wrote:Meh. Don't mind the Hamilton fans. They talk like this everytime Hamilton is not winning. Even Ted Kravitz asked a stupid question to Niki Lauda about conspiracy and Mercedes wanting Nico to win the title and guess what, he called it BS. Now tell me that even Niki Lauda is involved in this conspiracy.
Did you get the ice? You still need it.

GPR-A duplicate2

GrayGreat wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Did you get the ice? You still need it.
Bad service boy. Not delivered my order yet. This is the problem with the rookies. Huh... #-o

Racer X

Kyviat the new Crashtor'....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Pierce89

GPR-A wrote:
ringo wrote:I think the "water pressure issues" was a way of preventing Lewis from challenging Nico.
There were about 20 laps left with a 7 second gap, Nico would have been challenged for sure. Water pressure stabilizing itself sounds kind of silly to me as well.
Just another manipulation from Toto to give Rosberg a title before the regulations change or before his contract is up.
There surely is some question mark around this. Why did they took the mechanics from Lewis' team, that was built over 3 years and then place them in Nico's garage? Who knows, there might be few mechanics who would have grown to hate Lewis while he was beating Nico, just like a whole lot of folks on these forums and might just be screwing up Lewis' car. :roll: Someone from Mercedes said, Nico had ERS problems when he lost that chunk and SUDDENLY, Lewis was told that there is this WATER related issue. :shock: For most part of practice, Lewis was faster than Nico and even in Q1 he was faster, suddenly he faces this problem that slows him down in Q2 and eliminates from Q3. :o Probably, the Stuttgart might have grown this craziness to see a German winning in the German team, that might be some kind of a greater PR gimmick. OR a third title in succession might just make Lewis bigger than the team, that kind of sh**? :!: :!: :!:
I'm sorry, I really don't want to be rude, but this is a ridiculous post. It looks like something from the comment section at PlanetF1.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Sevach
Sevach

Juzh wrote: Traffic I think. Hamilton never stood a chance.
Agreed.
Looking at the times, when the gap started to close it was because Rosberg started lapping a lot slower rather than Hamilton speeding up.
His tires were obviously fine so a matter of traffic indeed.

henra
henra

dans79 wrote: Nothing worse than the bandwagon fans Nico has now.
I don't see too many Nico fans around here, or to be exact I couldn't name a single one dyed in the wool Nico fan around here. What I do see is a good handful of very vocal Lewis fans who have difficulties hiding their pain and dig themselves ever deeper into their conspiracy theories.
Lewis had phases in the past where he tried to escape luck but couldn't. Right now he tries to escape bad luck and he can't. Will change again. Such is life. Why is that so difficult to accept?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

"Bandwagon fans" are not dyed in the wool fans at all. That was the point, I think. People jumping up and suddenly saying "Nico's a great driver" when they weren't saying similar last year or in years past. I think that's what he means.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Phil

Did Kvyat ever get investigated for the lap 1 incident?

EDIT: ah right, he got the penalty during the race, neve mind.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Just_a_fan wrote:"Bandwagon fans" are not dyed in the wool fans at all. That was the point, I think. People jumping up and suddenly saying "Nico's a great driver" when they weren't saying similar last year or in years past. I think that's what he means.
Can you show me one post in this whole thread where anyone praised Nico like a 'bandwagon fan' would do, please?
I know that the 'bandwagon' thing was aimed at me when he said that. Yes, I am a Rosberg fan, and I never had any problems with Lewis winning the races in the previous years, neither I said anything like 'Nico is better than Hamilton' or such. Problem is the behaviour of some people here which obviously i do not like and it's my right to give my opinion. As soon as the race was finished, some people started moaning about how they cannot stand the sight of Nico celebrating and talking. Grow up please. It is not Nico's fault if Hamilton is having troubles. He is driving good and he deserves credit for that. Then they start the conspiracy stuff, as usual, which is even funnier. Hamilton fans get butthurt everytime Nico wins and it does not happen the other way around. And GPRA and dans79 started calling me rookie, just because I joined a few days ago. Seriously man, it's so funny to see the mental state of Hamiton fans after Hamilton loses the race.
Last edited by GrayGreat on 01 May 2016, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

psychemedia
psychemedia

Visualising the on track positioning at the end of each lap:

The y-axis is lap number, the x-axis is on-track time behind the race leader. The leader's relative position to the cars at the back of the field is shown at the right hand edge.

ROS' hassles with traffic can be easily seen if you look to the right hand side of the chart.

Coloured/number marks show cars a specified number of laps behind.

The close battle between several cars for seventh place is easily seen.

Source: http://www.f1datajunkie.com/2016/05/f1- ... chart.html