2016 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 08-10 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 08-10 July

The battle between Red Bull and Ferrari will be the most interesting elemnt of this race. If the temperatures are "high" I think Ferrari(at least Vettel) will be ahead. Colder temperatures would suit RB.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I think Perez and Williams can fight for the 3rd place if it's sunny, dry, hot track conditions.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

iotar__ wrote:
GPR-A wrote:Which is not surprising. Most drivers on the grid are better racers in wet than Rosberg.
Not surprising you are wrong and cannot back up your theories, mindlessly attacking drivers which is accepted and common behaviour here as long as targets are right. Your level of F1 knowledge makes you suitable candidate for Sky commentator.

- Silverstone and USA '15 he was considerably quicker than Hamilton, slower in Monaco and Suzuka, Malaysia Q '10 very quick - the only other I could remember, Rosberg has been good in the wet AFAIR. Brazil was not the only good wet race for Massa when he was quicker than Hamilton, he was similarly bad/quick/off track in Monaco '08 but didn't crash at the right time
- Myth of Hamilton's wet conditions brilliance brought up every time there's a chance of rain based mostly on one Silverstone race is getting annoying. There is a dozen examples to the contrary. Four mentioned, spinfest in China '09 (the only occasion not in the best cars which helps), China '07 gravel, crash vs Button in Canada, crane :) in Germany, lost Australia '10, find yourself the rest.
Rosberg has always been one of the worst driver under wet condition, even in qualifying (Malaysia 15) Vettel with less downforce outperformed him. He's been outperformed by Hamilton in qualy under rain in Australia, China 2014. We will not even talk about the rape of Hamilton against him in Suzuka 2014 in 1v1 race.
About Silverstone 2015 we all now Hamilton was so slow because of tires freeze due to his brake balance

Samraj_official

Spoutnik wrote:I think Perez and Williams can fight for the 3rd place if it's sunny, dry, hot track conditions.
force india was never strong at silverstone historically!!! :(

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Samraj_official wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:I think Perez and Williams can fight for the 3rd place if it's sunny, dry, hot track conditions.
force india was never strong at silverstone historically!!! :(
Yes, I know, but suprisingly the FVJM09 reminds me a bit of the FW14/15. Really fast, average in low speed corner, good on fast corner plus not so bad on tires deg; ideal for Silverstone. But maybe I'm wrong, I gamble :)

Vasconia

Spoutnik wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
GPR-A wrote:Which is not surprising. Most drivers on the grid are better racers in wet than Rosberg.
Not surprising you are wrong and cannot back up your theories, mindlessly attacking drivers which is accepted and common behaviour here as long as targets are right. Your level of F1 knowledge makes you suitable candidate for Sky commentator.

- Silverstone and USA '15 he was considerably quicker than Hamilton, slower in Monaco and Suzuka, Malaysia Q '10 very quick - the only other I could remember, Rosberg has been good in the wet AFAIR. Brazil was not the only good wet race for Massa when he was quicker than Hamilton, he was similarly bad/quick/off track in Monaco '08 but didn't crash at the right time
- Myth of Hamilton's wet conditions brilliance brought up every time there's a chance of rain based mostly on one Silverstone race is getting annoying. There is a dozen examples to the contrary. Four mentioned, spinfest in China '09 (the only occasion not in the best cars which helps), China '07 gravel, crash vs Button in Canada, crane :) in Germany, lost Australia '10, find yourself the rest.
Rosberg has always been one of the worst driver under wet condition, even in qualifying (Malaysia 15) Vettel with less downforce outperformed him. He's been outperformed by Hamilton in qualy under rain in Australia, China 2014. We will not even talk about the rape of Hamilton against him in Suzuka 2014 in 1v1 race.
About Silverstone 2015 we all now Hamilton was so slow because of tires freeze due to his brake balance
To be fair I dont see such a terrible performance by Nico on this qualy. Yes, it wasnt good, but he was beaten by two drivers who are hailed as the best ones(alongside Alonso) in wet.

1Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:39.269 1:41.517 1:49.834

5 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:39.814 1:39.632 1:49.908

6 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:39.374 1:39.377 1:50.299

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Vasconia wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Not surprising you are wrong and cannot back up your theories, mindlessly attacking drivers which is accepted and common behaviour here as long as targets are right. Your level of F1 knowledge makes you suitable candidate for Sky commentator.

To be fair I dont see such a terrible performance by Nico on this qualy. Yes, it wasnt good, but he was beaten by two drivers who are hailed as the best ones(alongside Alonso) in wet.

1Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:39.269 1:41.517 1:49.834

5 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:39.814 1:39.632 1:49.908

6 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:39.374 1:39.377 1:50.299
Yes. And that's my point, Rosberg is a random driver under the rain. Hamilton is one of the best with Vettel, Button and maybe Alonso

mrluke
mrluke

iotar__ wrote:

Red Bull's form vs Ferrari should be interesting. If RB's aero is so great engine parts shouldn't be such a problem. All those huge disadvantages of Austria didn't turn out to be true. They were quick in the race (fine on tyres :oops: ) although relatively. Potential competition wasn't there (Williams), same for quicker Ferrari in the race (one driver). This time Ferrari can't bring Spain's third sector type of excuse.
Are you kidding me?

You are going to use HAM going off track in the wet on these tyres as evidence of his inability to drive in the rain??

dans79

mrluke wrote: Are you kidding me?
You are better off to completely ignore the existence of some people!
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

Totally agree, he will just tell you that you're wrong and its a fact.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Press Conference Schedule

Thursday, July 7, 1500 hours local time (1400 GMT)
  • Jenson Button (McLaren)
  • Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
  • Romain Grosjean (Haas)
  • Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
  • Jolyon Palmer (Renault)
  • Pascal Wehrlein (Manor)
Friday, July 8, 1600 hours local time (1500 GMT)
  • Maurizio Arrivabene (Ferrari)
  • Eric Boullier (McLaren)
  • Vijay Mallya (Force India)
  • Dave Ryan (Manor)
  • Claire Williams (Williams)
  • Toto Wolff (Mercedes)

TAG

I like how Button squeezing Hamilton into the wall in Canada 2011 is used as a reference. Priceless. =D>

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

iotar__

TAG wrote:I like how Button squeezing Hamilton into the wall in Canada 2011 is used as a reference. Priceless. =D>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9jPvPS_xHk
Always someone else's fault, never Hamilton's? No one squeezed Hamilton he crashed into other car attempting stupid overtake into non existent space (rings a bell?) Surprisingly other cars don't always disappear off track. Was he also 'squeezed' earlier in this race into small collision with Webber at the start? I suppose air squeezed him into ~2-3 spins in China, gravel trap in China, wall in Monaco, stopped his pace in USA, Silverstone and Brazil, sent him off track almost losing the win in Spa '10, forced him into bad race in Australia '10, sent him off track in Germany in need of a crane...etc

Yet despite all that he is a master of wet conditions because of one GB race in 08 OK, OK I'm leaving this discussion :-)

giantfan10
giantfan10

Vasconia wrote:The battle between Red Bull and Ferrari will be the most interesting elemnt of this race. If the temperatures are "high" I think Ferrari(at least Vettel) will be ahead. Colder temperatures would suit RB.
The only chance a red bull will finish ahead of a Ferrari is if Ferrari makes a mess of their strategy again... on pure pace red bull is not a match for Ferrari especially on a power track. Hot cold or mild .
Based on last years qualifying Williams may also be right in the mix

ClarkBT11

iotar__ wrote:
TAG wrote:I like how Button squeezing Hamilton into the wall in Canada 2011 is used as a reference. Priceless. =D>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9jPvPS_xHk
Always someone else's fault, never Hamilton's? No one squeezed Hamilton he crashed into other car attempting stupid overtake into non existent space (rings a bell?) Surprisingly other cars don't always disappear off track. Was he also 'squeezed' earlier in this race into small collision with Webber at the start? I suppose air squeezed him into ~2-3 spins in China, gravel trap in China, wall in Monaco, stopped his pace in USA, Silverstone and Brazil, sent him off track almost losing the win in Spa '10, forced him into bad race in Australia '10, sent him off track in Germany in need of a crane...etc

Yet despite all that he is a master of wet conditions because of one GB race in 08 OK, OK I'm leaving this discussion :-)
Can we not stop slagging two drivers off we've just had four days worth of rubbing willies for our favorite drivers in the Austin thread.

What does anyone think about manors chances in this GP. I predict Werhlin to get into Q2.