2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

cooken wrote:If double yellow means slow and be prepared to stop....Nico lifted into the left where he would normally do anyway, right after the first yellow. He then immediately went right back on it again, including going full speed past where the actual incident happened. So...yea per the rules I don't understand how he's allowed to do that. BUT the incident was completely cleared by the time he got there. Definitely some grey area, because he couldn't possibly have known that at the time and he kept pushing.
I think it doesn't matter whether the incident is cleared or not if the flags are still out then that's what matters.

Is there a link to his lap somewhere?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

cooken
cooken

adrianjordan wrote:Don't see anyone complaining to the stewards about Rosberg.
Horner indicated he was going to inquire.

dans79

adrianjordan wrote: Don't see anyone complaining to the stewards about Rosberg as even if they delete his time he'd still be second and Merc obviously aren't going to. So whether he lifted "enough" or not, I think we have our grid.
They would get some kind of penalty as well i think.
197 104 103 7

Moose
Moose

The last person to fail to lift significantly under double waved yellows was Jules Bianchi. I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA threw the book at him.

cooken
cooken

adrianjordan wrote:I think it doesn't matter whether the incident is cleared or not if the flags are still out then that's what matters.
I think I have to fully agree with you here.

dans79

This is the only video i have seen so far.
https://twitter.com/f1writers/status/756856383853694976
197 104 103 7

Moose
Moose

If he went purple through the sector, then it's pretty open and shut. You don't set the fastest sector time of anyone, including yourself, having paid attention to double waved yellows.

RedNEO

justmoi wrote:
RedNEO wrote:Where's that guy to tell me how bad the McLaren chassis did then?
:lol:
I don't personally have anything against them. But I wouldn't get too excited as it's behind a Toro Rosso. Let's not even talk about Mercedes, Redbull and Ferrari. On a downforce track. That had mixed conditions.

Hardly near top of the class. As you have clearly used this qualifying to gauge their chassis according to your comments... then I agree it's a middle of the pack chassis..
McLaren would have outqaulified the Torro Rosso they didn't get a second lap! If your going to tag on to this convo then read the whole thing since it was me ridiculing him for thinking this qaulifying would show the chassis hierarchy of all the cars when such a comparison is silly if they don't even have something as basic as the same engine/power in them.

simieski
simieski

at 5s into that video he is going passed a yellow light board with telementary showing full throttle. hmm
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

turbof1

Yeah that's the big issue: you are not allowed to improve your sector time under yellow flags. Does not matter if you lift or not. For the moment nobody is formally making a complaint about it, although that can change quickly.
#AeroFrodo

cooken
cooken

Still yellow here after he did his lift, and at this point he was on full attack again. Hmmm.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

I don't see how Rosberg can keep pole.
Thankfully for him though, deletion of his last lap will still see him on the front row. However, in the worst case, he could get a reprimand from the stewards.

dans79

Something is up, FOM has the pole lap up already.

He lifter right at the double yellows thats it.
http://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/7 ... _2016.html
197 104 103 7

RedNEO

Sevach wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Sevach wrote:
So did Nasr...
You don't know how changeable conditions work do you?
After a redflag came out giving nobody a chance to respond, Alonso was P1 while everyone was doing fast laps and stayed there for a long time.

They work well with bad chassis? Is that what you want me to say?
By long time you mean 2 minutes? Good, now that's established =D>

What i advice to you is, never let go of that 2006 season DVD buddy.
A painful few minutes for you though must have felt like an eternity since you can't stand to even admit they have a good chassis that's getting better and will continue getting better. You're not a very good winner and I imagine your going to be an even worse loser. Enjoy it when it last and remember nothing last forever. 8)

NathanOlder

We were all robbed of a mid 1.19.xxx lap from Lewis. He was over 4 tenths up in S1 on Rosbergs pole lap.
Interestingly, Verstappen, Ricciardo and Vettel were all quicker than Rosberg in S1. (I know Max time didnt count)
Then after all that Rosberg celebrates over the radio like he nailed it and was unbeatable
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC