[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

I will have new exhaust too, but very conventional.

LVDH

\:D/ You have read the rules and a new exhaust. It is an amazing week. The exhaust does not carry your rear wing anymore?

etsmc
etsmc

I think my exhaust should be legal according to the rules but would not be completely confident on its position in a real life situation.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:\:D/ You have read the rules and a new exhaust. It is an amazing week. The exhaust does not carry your rear wing anymore?
I only talked about exhaust :?

The rear wing is still carried by that long pillars, but the exhausts blow in a lower position.

PS: Previous exhausts (Ø80) were "inside" Ø100 cylinders, to have a kind of structural realism.

LVDH

etsmc wrote:I think my exhaust should be legal according to the rules but would not be completely confident on its position in a real life situation.
Yes, I also think that your solution is legal (don't be too confident now, Chris decides). You have showed F1 engineer quality spotting this loophole. Chris will probably not show much mercy on shutting it down.

CAEdevice

I have just uploaded my car for Race 2.

Can you confirm you have received it?

LVDH

Yes, don't worry I have it. Not downloaded it yet though.
Three cars have already been submitted.
The two I have had a look at feature very cool innovations.
Being on this side of this super cool competition has its nice side as you guys will probably not be able to see these cool details.

CAEdevice

Mine is about the same, only a small update and same bad CoP.

I would have designed an interesting solution for the engine intake, but I think I have not enough time to test it.

LVDH

Man I downloaded it. It looks very cool. You clearly have high ambitions for this season. I hope you will hand out that Racecar Engineering subscription for P2 in case you continue like this. What where you doing the other years?

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:Man I downloaded it. It looks very cool. You clearly have high ambitions for this season. I hope you will hand out that Racecar Engineering subscription for P2 in case you continue like this. What where you doing the other years?
I do not think think to have any chance against Variante and JJR (once they solved the cooling issue) and against HP (once they learn a couple of tricks).

Anyway: the car for this race is very conservative (developed with "mental" CFD...), you should see what I would have tested if I have some hardware available this week.

About the last two years: I am proud to use the same parametric CAD model and aero concept of KVRC2015 and KVRC2016 (the only one race).

I already have a RaceEngineering subscription, I could not miss the MantiumCAE advs.

Ft5fTL

Here is some quick 3D Builder screenshots from my round 2 car. Changed my design to the "kvrc pre season" approach since i dont get any success with the car.

Btw the first upload had a wrong mesh so i uploaded again, i hope its okay.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

Is the Challenge page showing issues or is it just my browser?

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:Is the Challenge page showing issues or is it just my browser?
It looks like an html only page

LVDH

OK, it is kind of fixed again. We might get a new team, so the page should work.

Alonso Fan

Currently working on enlarging the exhaust inlet. Other changes for this round include: A slightly revised front end, revised suspension covers, a new rear wing, and insignificant changes to the front wheel fenders to allow the suspension to pass through.

I haven't done any cfd testing on this car yet, hopefully soon I will have the time to set up mantiumWflow

Edit: just submitted my car. lets hope i'm a little closer to the next car :)
looks a whole lot uglier than the first version, but that doesn't matter as long as it's an improvement

Edit 2: using 3d builder as a showcase is a good idea

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa