F1 Strategy: Ross Brawn with Adam Parr (Book)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
flynfrog

Re: F1 Strategy: Ross Brawn with Adam Parr (Book)

I got mine a few days ago haven't had a chance to read it yet.

m06w41
m06w41

zac510 wrote:
06 Nov 2016, 04:08
Anyone else reading the book yet? I got it on Friday, I'm about 1/2 way through it.

I'm surprised that there are far more stories on events in F1 than I expected. From the title/blurb I was hoping for more strategy discussion (as bill shoe suggested). It is there, but it is woven into the context of many F1 war stories and yarns from the last couple of decades. That said the stories are all very enjoyable and I'm picking up a low of extra details and differing observations of big events in Ross's career.

Overall if you are at all intersted in F1 and strategy at a level higher than merely what goes on on Sunday then you really have no excuse not to read this book.

There are also a few good words for Sam Michael too which ought to have the F1 forums steaming in rage :D
Same opinion here though I'm happy to read insights in Ross' career from the man himself and how Adam Parr came to write the book.

One of my favourite quotes is when Adam Parr briefly discusses being let go and how 1) he underestimated his opponent and 2) overestimated himself. Pretty humbling and amazingly true.

As you mentioned though, the stories from Ross are the reason I can't put it down.

zac510
zac510

You definitely can't be an internet critic of Brawn without reading this first.