2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

This forum's hate towards Vettel is just unbelievable. Vettel did exactly what Verstappen did at Spa and he apologised for it. What Vettel didn't do is act like a cocky bitch in a post race press conference after.

Just a word on Rosberg's 'T-Boned by a 4xWDC.'

This is an incredibly good day for him and instead of being classy, he's taking digs. Very rich for someone who doesn't know when to turn into corners and when to go straight!!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

leo777
leo777

they "didn't confirmed contact" hahahah , what you need them confirming it? don't you have your own eyes? look at the picture two post up...says it all . There was plenty of space behind Rosberg's car...But Verstappen decided to test his luck one more time.... resulting in two drivers having a collision

Juzh

leo777 wrote:There was plenty of space behind Rosberg's car...But Verstappen decided to test his luck one more time.... resulting in two drivers having a collision
I don't think vettel would be able to stop in time either way. It is getting a bit silly now.

Schuttelberg

Juzh wrote:
leo777 wrote:There was plenty of space behind Rosberg's car...But Verstappen decided to test his luck one more time.... resulting in two drivers having a collision
I don't think vettel would be able to stop in time either way. It is getting a bit silly now.
Vettel to blame. No doubt. He was over ambitious. Just like Verstappen at Spa.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

cooken
cooken

Ricciardo and Verstappen through 5 and 6 was so fun to watch, highlight of the race. F1 desperately needs more of that.

Conspiracy...if the ultimate Lewis fanboy, the insufferable Ted who of late is constantly gushing over 'the snapchat bulge', is brushing it off, then maybe some of you should do as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBMClSgnSrg
Lewis' comments about only his engines and it doesn't feel right, I'm more inclined to think he is referring to fate or whatever, things just don't feel right for him to win the championship. Fits in with his spirituality bs.

Vettel first corner was a bit clumsy, but ultimately a racing incident very similar to Spa. Three cars, guy on the outside cuts in, collisions ensue.

Rosberg on Raikkonen - massively aggressive, and further cementing his MO for overtaking. Did he deserve a penalty? Eh, I would say yes, Kimi left lots of room and still Nico barged into him, but I can understand the counter argument. However in light of his numerous previous transgressions, the stewards were always going to give it to him.
Last edited by cooken on 02 Oct 2016, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

I wouldn't inmediately say Vettel was at fault. To be honest, I find Rosberg a bit more guilty. Stewards decided differently. In my opinion race incident. Same as in Spa.
#AeroFrodo

basti313
basti313

Sonador wrote:I think Verstappens "outburst" must be taken with a pinch of salt.
A bit of "payback" of all the critisism he has had over Spa?
Yes, that might really be the point. Like the "payback" move with running off Rai at Spa?
This is what I do not like as a personality and I think this is what some people here also do not like. In my point of view the usual accusation "spoiled prat" is wrong, he simply has a mean personality.
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

leo777 wrote:but who cares about that 19 y old punk....we are forgetting the real issue here... and that is
https://postimg.org/image/hinvfvihl/
Nonsense?
Don`t russel the hamster!

turbof1

leo777 wrote:but who cares about that 19 y old punk....we are forgetting the real issue here... and that is
https://postimg.org/image/hinvfvihl/
First of all that "19 y old punk" has a name. Be a little bit more respectful

Secondly, everybody is free to discuss any event from the race they want. Given that the topic has often revolved around Hamilton and Rosberg, some people might infact be glad something else is on the table.
#AeroFrodo

turbof1

Schuttelberg wrote:This forum's hate towards Vettel is just unbelievable. Vettel did exactly what Verstappen did at Spa and he apologised for it. What Vettel didn't do is act like a cocky bitch in a post race press conference after.
I think that is excagerated. Vettel is getting quite a bit of criticism, yes. But hate is going a bit too far.
#AeroFrodo

Edax
Edax

basti313 wrote:
Sonador wrote:I think Verstappens "outburst" must be taken with a pinch of salt.
A bit of "payback" of all the critisism he has had over Spa?
Yes, that might really be the point. Like the "payback" move with running off Rai at Spa?
This is what I do not like as a personality and I think this is what some people here also do not like. In my point of view the usual accusation "spoiled prat" is wrong, he simply has a mean personality.
What would you do in his place? I mean a guy criticizes you for running the first corner too hot. And the next thing you know you see him flying past you and you and into the back of a championship contender.

...... and you have a mic in your helmet.

But maybe I have a mean personality too :twisted:

leo777
leo777

of course Ted is going to say what he said... They employ him $$.. nothing against him dough...cool guy. And that Lewis told what he was thinking outloud in front of cameras , well takes a man with big b***s to say outloud what everyone is thinking. And it is not any kind of conspiracy by AMG team or leadership... Toto is a reasonable man and gives equal support to both drivers, for example in the last race when gave Lewis chance to secure 3rd place... But so much technical problems only with Lewis! con...other Mercedes engine drivers not even close to 5 components limit... nothing strange there! sure ...

It is a work off one individual... and that individual is Niki Lauda. Why is it so hard to believe? He obviously prefers Rosberg and for Rosberg there is no other way to win a championship( sure not trough his driving skill) than this way. Trough schemes with Lauda. It is such a obvious thing... Rly surprised everyone is just...." hahahah another conspiracy guy, or Lewis fanboy.." whatever----

someone said "spirituality bs" well my friend.. good luck :)

jericho

Come on people! The accident wasn't Max's fault, not this time! Vettel was to agressive and braked to late.

So stop blaming every accident on Max. Spa was his mistake, this one isn't.

Or are all the haters better stewards than the actual stewards at the race, who have more camera images than we have...

iotar__

Schuttelberg wrote:This forum's hate towards Vettel is just unbelievable. Vettel did exactly what Verstappen did at Spa and he apologised for it. What Vettel didn't do is act like a cocky bitch in a post race press conference after.
No he didn't do the same and it's criticism (not hate) justified in material world:
- Vettel caused both collisions, Spa +50%, MV <20%, it happens 30%. That's the third one (China). On top of Monaco and other races that's how drivers lost Ferrari wins and 2nd place
- Verstappen was in Raikkonen's position and Vettel did a dive that was a bit like Verstappen's but that's the only similarity (which means MV can't complain about both), Vettel out-braked himself and clipped the other car (difference)
- After replays: it's still his fault but driving from Verstappen helped a bit, that's what I mean about 'basic' driving, no instinct nor skills to have any plan B, lost the car too. I think he's (SV) still causing this collision with other car next or not.
- BBC salesmen blamed Rosberg #-o . Can you believe that?

Affer replays:
- penalty for Rosberg is a disgrace and Warwick Whiting* combination is the worst in this pseudo sport.
- How 'unlucky' crowd can even pretend they're not helping Hamilton the whole season? F1 is a sham, a farce and a scam ;-)
*Hamilton had two worse ones against Sutil and Button in Germany '14 and a clear foul/penalty against Raikkonen, that's three and not even one was investigated, never mind penalised.

nokivasara
nokivasara

Amazing race from Alonso, I bet he enjoyed every single lap today =D>

It's a bit sad that we have so many unclean overtakes nowadays, Rosbergs driving is more Rallycross than F1 and even the top guys often get tangled up in the 1st turn accidents. Maybe the cars are too sturdy, they know there is a fair chance that the car will be ok even if they hit someone.
I read somewhere that Ericsson did the whole race without water, or whatever they drink. If true, then his performace was impressive!