2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Re: 2016 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 21-23 October

GPR-A wrote:
flynfrog wrote:What about all the times Nico drove past him on the start this year or is clutch use not a driver skill? The save-a-ham crew is getting old :roll:
I thought the moderators here are expected to maintain a certain level of behavior. Didn't know those standards are now lowered. Sad.
By continuing this line of discussion you are maintaining the "lowered" standards that sadden you. :roll:

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Juzh

iotar__

- Not a big gap but it shouldn't be too difficult for Merc in Q.
- If Red Bull can't fight them on Sunday, they should stop this after Firday chest beating. They're selling themselves constantly as a big challenge and don't deliver, replacing Ferrari in that department. There's always some excuse after the fact.

PlatinumZealot

GPR-A wrote:
flynfrog wrote:What about all the times Nico drove past him on the start this year or is clutch use not a driver skill? The save-a-ham crew is getting old :roll:
I thought the moderators here are expected to maintain a certain level of behavior. Didn't know those standards are now lowered. Sad.
Careful. They broke me like ramsay botlon broke theon greyjoy. I have not been the same since.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

atanatizante

Seems to me the Red Bull drivers were driving the most on the medium tyre ...
I think they are set for a SS-M-S or SS-S-M strategy tomorrow, bearing in mind that at race time track temperature will be hotter than today, hence a medium tyre could work better in the race ...

Another thing is why in FP3 Merc boys didn`t show their cards on that SS tyre when they were trying to simulate a Qualy lap?
Your thoughts?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

turbof1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Careful. They broke me like ramsay botlon broke theon greyjoy. I have not been the same since.
If it is of any comfort, neither am I the same ever since my wife fed me to my own dogs (spoiler alert).

@GPR-A: my apologies, we really got below the bar with our neutral standpoints. God forbid we try to get a more lenient and reasonable standpoint out of you instead of the usual Mercedes-Wants-Hamilton-To-Die statements.
#AeroFrodo

Juzh

On the other note, 36.7 is quite slow. mid 35s for pole I'd say.

basti313
basti313

@PlatinumZealot @GPR-A
Keep it up guys. Do not let the haters pull you down! Ham needs you!

=D> :mrgreen: This is pure comedy here. Love these race threads.
By the way...did anyone already post a prediction that Alonso will be on the podium?
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

atanatizante wrote:Seems to me the Red Bull drivers were driving the most on the medium tyre ...
I think they are set for a SS-M-S or SS-S-M strategy tomorrow, bearing in mind that at race time track temperature will be hotter than today, hence a medium tyre could work better in the race ...
Really difficult to estimate...bearing in mind, that Merc and Ferrari did no work on the Medium, I can not picture it as a good tire at all.
To me it looked like RedBull did mainly development work in FP1 and used the Medium for more stable conditions.
Merc did I-S-S last year and this was a fast strategy. So I expect a SS-S-S to be the usual choice with Ferrari screwing it with a second SS stint.
atanatizante wrote:Another thing is why in FP3 Merc boys didn`t show their cards on that SS tyre when they were trying to simulate a Qualy lap?
Your thoughts?
This was not "showing their cards". Ros went for a practice start and Ham had errors and traffic (Sauber?) as far as I could see it.
Don`t russel the hamster!

GPR-A duplicate2

basti313 wrote:@PlatinumZealot @GPR-A
Sorry to say this, but if the mods spend energy in handling in these kind of unnecessary personal comments, which add zero value to the threads, I guess the threads can be more sane. Yeah.

RedNEO

GPR-A wrote:
basti313 wrote:@PlatinumZealot @GPR-A
Sorry to say this, but if the mods spend energy in handling in these kind of unnecessary personal comments, which add zero value to the threads, I guess the threads can be more sane. Yeah.
Nothing personal about it you just need to take a snapchat filter pic of yourself and laugh a little :lol:

Mansell89
Mansell89

Anything to read into the RBR pace for qualifying? Obviously Merc were very close to them before aborting laps but even so, Danny Ricc did say yesterday that there was more pace to unlock.

Merc expected to turn up the engines?

iotar__

FIA have no shame. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-c ... 41702/"new stance on under braking moves"

"New stance"? What "new stance" you &^%#@ :-) ? You ignore amateurish nad blatantly illegal moves by certain drivers on purpose (marketing circus) so the only solution to make it backwards OK and justify your lack of action (not even investigations) is "clarifying", popular gimmick word in F1. You see, we weren't quite sure (lie x1) but we now know what's OK (lie x2) . No, it will be the same as always and certain drivers getting away with murder. BTW I feel deja vu from track limits clarifications, what a success that was.

godlameroso

Wow, Mclaren is .2 faster than they were in 2014.

Fastest Q3 lap was a 1.36.00 (Ros)
Saishū kōnā