The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
basti313
basti313

Re: The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

GPR-A wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: Can you really post an example of this? I just find it hard to believe as this forum is normally on the friendly and polite end of the spectrum.
You are discussing with someone who just joined the forums to rant about Rosberg after the Spa crash. This is exactely not the spectrum of this forums, so do not expect the usual discussion.
The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance. Stereotyping people is another and looking through my posts to simply select what suits your view, could also be one. You can decide for yourself.
I do not think it is stereotyping. It is much too obvious, that your only goal on this forums is to spread hate about Rosberg. And I do not like that on a technical forums. I even like the usual Fanboys much more, they fanatize about their drivers but have some sportsmanship left. But you are only spreading hate.
GPR-A wrote:I was collecting the data to put here about how much people were fantasizing about a failure for Lewis in a number of race, since 2014.
That would be the first fact based hate post of you. Why not? Would at least put you in the iotar league, at the moment you are on the bottom end.
GPR-A wrote:But presuming that Mr. Basti313 has looked through my posts to brand me, whatever, may I also ask him to do that favor?
I do not have to look through anything, I am regularly reading this forums. You are here spreading hate since Spa with your Schu avatar. At the beginning I thought you have a problem with the Schu vs. Ros years, but it became quite obvious that the avatar means nothing.
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

Vasconia wrote:
Juzh wrote:Merc has got such an advantage rosberg will be easy sailing tomorrow all day long.
Let´s see what happens with the first corner!!

And both Rb have a different strategy, I dont see it that easy.
Regarding the first corner: This will be telling. If Ros is on the inside, he will really drive a normal race, going for the win. If he goes for the save outside like in Austin, he is only there to drive it home.

Strategy: I still can not see how this plays a role. Merc is the best on managing the tires. They can and will go for the undercut if they fall behind. The same for RedBull, if they want to be on P2, they need to go for the undercut.
The only benefit might be that they can go 2 or 3 laps longer in the first stint and then drive the sh*t out of the first set of Softs to regain the 8 seconds they loose and go for an undercut with them.

TAG

ChrisDanger wrote:
GPR-A wrote:The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance.
This is funny, since you did the same thing to myself and TAG. Only when he asked me if his comment bothered me did I bring this up, basically saying "only as much as anyone wishing harm on someone else would bother me." (In other words, only a very little, really.) Yet this was somehow seen as the central argument, by those jumping in without adding anything to the original argument, which was claiming ambivalence yet hating on one side of the garage.
Which is funny because you jumped in yourself... see how it goes? I think there are two things at play. I don't like it when people pass their opinions off as fact, but I'm perfectly open to the same being put forth as merely and opinion. One invites dialogue, the other invites ridicule.

We we simply expressed our opinions and not put them forth as fact, it would be perfectly okay but the tendency is people put ludicrous statements out there as an explanation for their bias and then get upset when they're challenged.

Go figure.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

TAG wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
GPR-A wrote:The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance.
This is funny, since you did the same thing to myself and TAG. Only when he asked me if his comment bothered me did I bring this up, basically saying "only as much as anyone wishing harm on someone else would bother me." (In other words, only a very little, really.) Yet this was somehow seen as the central argument, by those jumping in without adding anything to the original argument, which was claiming ambivalence yet hating on one side of the garage.
Which is funny because you jumped in yourself... see how it goes? I think there are two things at play. I don't like it when people pass their opinions off as fact, but I'm perfectly open to the same being put forth as merely and opinion. One invites dialogue, the other invites ridicule.

We we simply expressed our opinions and not put them forth as fact, it would be perfectly okay but the tendency is people put ludicrous statements out there as an explanation for their bias and then get upset when they're challenged.

Go figure.
I don't have a problem with jumping in, but when you accuse someone that does this of having a "psychological disturbance," yet do it yourself, then I'm going to call you out. The last thing we need here are baseless personal attacks.

TAG

Shrieker wrote:Why this so long discussion. Hamilton lost(most likely) because of his bad starts and mechanical failures. If one or the other had not happened, he'd have won. Everyone knows that. So in a way, he did not fulfill his end of the bargain, or his side of the garage did not with the car. It's just a matter of opinion which way you wanna look at it.
So one DNF while leading the race for Lewis was worth 28 points. How many bad starts would it take to lose that many points, 4? 5?

No the bad starts is not the issue, Nico had a couple of those himself. Trying to say otherwise is just the bias talking. The four mechanicals to his teammates zero is the issue. But I respect your right to see it differently because it's a personal opinion, having to be perfect to make up for four mechanical issues is something that only Lewis would be held accountable for. I'm accustomed to seeing those standards applied to him for the entirety of the career so far.

Just glad he wasn't the one that cursed out Charlie, otherwise there would have been calls to ban him from the rest of the racing calendar from some of the usual suspects. :) I really do hope Nico can pull it off today.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

ChrisDanger wrote:
TAG wrote:Which is funny because you jumped in yourself... see how it goes? I think there are two things at play. I don't like it when people pass their opinions off as fact, but I'm perfectly open to the same being put forth as merely and opinion. One invites dialogue, the other invites ridicule.

Go figure.
I don't have a problem with jumping in, but when you accuse someone that does this of having a "psychological disturbance," yet do it yourself, then I'm going to call you out. The last thing we need here are baseless personal attacks.
But that's the whole point why jump on only one side if you're genuinely unbiased? I understand the personal attack and the implications/allegations but on the other hand, there's something really bizarre about a behavior that goes and inspects other people's posts and history. You could at the very least acknowledge or sympathize with the sentiment beforehand and then chastise the guy about the personal allegations otherwise to an impartial observer it would seem like you're just taking sides.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

BTW, I claim ambivalence because I accept the bad starts and the mechanical failures, what I don't accept is the notion being put forth that Nico is a better at caring for his car therefore why Lewis has had more mechanical failures than Nico.

So you could at least understand why when I make a hyperbolic statement about Nico's engine blowing while leading the race with three laps to go, would be a perfectly gauged response to the claims that Nico is inherently better at car control and that's why a new engine blows up, or that's why Mercedes have labeled all of Lewis' issues highly unusual or one offs.

Some semblance of living in the real world has to be maintained, otherwise it's just lunacy.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

TAG wrote:
Shrieker wrote:Why this so long discussion. Hamilton lost(most likely) because of his bad starts and mechanical failures. If one or the other had not happened, he'd have won. Everyone knows that. So in a way, he did not fulfill his end of the bargain, or his side of the garage did not with the car. It's just a matter of opinion which way you wanna look at it.
So one DNF while leading the race for Lewis was worth 28 points. How many bad starts would it take to lose that many points, 4? 5?
You are missing the point. Hamilton does not need 28 points to get the WDC. One bad start amounts for atleast 14 points (assuming Rosberg wins the race and Hamilton could have won it if not for the bad start), which now prove to be crucial. Shrieker is right in that regard that one bad start now has the same value as one failure, regarding winning or loosing the WDC.

Also note his final line: it's a matter of opinion, of the point of view. You are right from your point of view (Hamilton lost more points with failures than with bad starts), but you often fail to aknowledge that somebody else is also right from his point of view (the bad starts and failures are equally hurting Hamilton in winning or loosing the WDC).
#AeroFrodo

TAG

You show me one post this year of someone claiming that Nico would have already clinched the championship were it not for his two bad starts.

The scrutiny is heavy on *one* driver, and that's what a lot of the people that like to dog pile fail to acknowledge. We're all imperfect creatures, indeed.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A duplicate2

basti313 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
basti313 wrote: You are discussing with someone who just joined the forums to rant about Rosberg after the Spa crash. This is exactely not the spectrum of this forums, so do not expect the usual discussion.
The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance. Stereotyping people is another and looking through my posts to simply select what suits your view, could also be one. You can decide for yourself.
I do not think it is stereotyping. It is much too obvious, that your only goal on this forums is to spread hate about Rosberg. And I do not like that on a technical forums. I even like the usual Fanboys much more, they fanatize about their drivers but have some sportsmanship left. But you are only spreading hate.
GPR-A wrote:I was collecting the data to put here about how much people were fantasizing about a failure for Lewis in a number of race, since 2014.
That would be the first fact based hate post of you. Why not? Would at least put you in the iotar league, at the moment you are on the bottom end.
GPR-A wrote:But presuming that Mr. Basti313 has looked through my posts to brand me, whatever, may I also ask him to do that favor?
I do not have to look through anything, I am regularly reading this forums. You are here spreading hate since Spa with your Schu avatar. At the beginning I thought you have a problem with the Schu vs. Ros years, but it became quite obvious that the avatar means nothing.
Other than pure rubbish, there isn't anything worth responding to. #-o

nevill3

Lewis has been warned that if he backs Rosberg up into the pack by driving slowly they will pit Nico first fro an undercut
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

AMG.Tzan

Fuel pump changed on Hamilton's car under parc ferme i read on twitter...luck is still with him ;)
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

basti313
basti313

AMG.Tzan wrote:Fuel pump changed on Hamilton's car under parc ferme i read on twitter...luck is still with him ;)
Well, if they find and solve the issue before it becomes a problem I would really call it luck.

turbof1

TAG wrote:You show me one post this year of someone claiming that Nico would have already clinched the championship were it not for his two bad starts.

The scrutiny is heavy on *one* driver, and that's what a lot of the people that like to dog pile fail to acknowledge. We're all imperfect creatures, indeed.
About Nico: that is actually a good point. So it's Nico fault also the title is not wrapped up.

The scrutiny is heavy on one driver, because the attention is also high on him due the mechanical failures. That is inevidable. I feel you are taking that criticism towards Hamilton as being biased, but that's in almost all the cases not true.
#AeroFrodo

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Least deserving champion in a long time. Out qualified and out won by his team mate. Didn't win it, was gifted it by the team's mistakes on the other car. Even had the team on his side in the last race. Poor show Mercedes.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.