Nico Rosberg to retire from F1 (!)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: Nico Rosberg to retire from F1 (!)

Pierce89 wrote:If the world was a just place, we would get to watch Alonso vs Hamilton again, but I won't be holding my breath.
The more i think about it the more i think Alonso will stay put. After the last few years and Mclaren starting to make progress I don't see him bailing now. If anything I would say its one year to early for him.

oT v1
oT v1

But....but....wtf!

Things just got spicy!

I got the hint in his video about being not prepared to go through it again 'next season', he may well have a return on his mind. Maybe werlein for season and if it doesn't happen for him then Nico can come back??
The Power of Dreams

TheFastCastor

This is great. Shows a very mature and humble Rosberg.

He was in a zen attitude on the last weekend. Thats a state of mind. This is a shock for everyone who believes he has something else to prove.
When you stop for a moment and look around...and you feel like you dont need anything more...thats when you are free at all.

He is champion, he got there, he is moving on, makes sense.

MiamiSilverArrows
MiamiSilverArrows

Says something about a man who just doesn't have *IT* The drive, the tenacity, The "Ego" to want to be the Best Driver Ever.

Certain drivers have it. Nico has proved he doesn't. Happy to see him go.

Hamilton will either be pushed on Merit by a top Talent (Vettel, Verstappen) or he will have a clear #2 Driver as a teammate and sail off to compete head to head with Newey and the Red Bull boys for the Driver's and Manufacturer's championship.

Had the Renault contract not been signed Hulk would have been a perfect fit for that seat.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

This is beyond delicious.
Merc have annoyed their 3 time WDC to favour a driver who has now just given them the finger. Calling Hamilton everything from a pig to a dog including threatening to fine or ban him.
Hamilton must be laughing his head off, rubbing his hands waiting for the next meeting with Wolff.

It seems Toto backed the wrong horse. It's clear they wanted 2 WDC's in their cars and they have bent over and violated one whilst the newest one has just done the same to them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Restomaniac on 02 Dec 2016, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

RPieter
RPieter

Verstappen?

astracrazy
astracrazy

@Restomaniac There is something quiet ironic about it

George-Jung
George-Jung

RPieter wrote:Verstappen?
No need for him to leave Red Bull, is he?
Restomaniac wrote:This is beyond delicious.
Merc have annoyed their 3 time WDC to favour a driver who has now just given them the finger. Calling Hamilton everything from a pig to a dog including threatening to fine or ban him.
Hamilton must be laughing his head off, rubbing his hands waiting for the next meeting with Wolff.

It seems Toto backed the wrong horse. It's clear they wanted 2 WDC's in their cars and they have bent over and violated one whilst the newest one has just done the same to them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only sensible thing for Mercedes to do than would be to hire Alonso.... :mrgreen:

Gaz.
Gaz.

George-Jung wrote:
RPieter wrote:Verstappen?
No need for him to leave Red Bull, is he?
Restomaniac wrote:This is beyond delicious.

The only sensible thing for Mercedes to do than would be to hire Alonso.... :mrgreen:

How in the world is it 'sensible'? As much as I would love to see it, it would be too much aggro to have two roosters in the hen house if Toto was stressing over Lewis & Nico's bubbling relationship.
Forza Jules

ME4ME

First of all good for him.

Second of all, surely Wehrlein isn't experienced enough for the Mercedes drive. It would make more sense for Mercedes to get Bottas from Williams and put Wehrlein in his place, together with a PU discount.

FW17

Now Red Bull has someone to sell for a Mercedes Engine

I think Verstappen would be equal to a 4 year engine contract, Ricardo 3.5 years

Bence
Bence

Dunno why people say that it was a complete surprise...

Having watched the final press conference after the race, the whole story was written on his face when Lewis started to talk about the positive relationship with his "new" mechanics.
First, the was an OMG, can't believe this expression on Nico's face, then the disbelief was followed by an intense cry, and then came the WTF am I doing here feeling.

And when he talked about a "disgusting feeling" he never wanted to experience once more in his life (German interview), the picture was entirely clear.

FW17

WOW

Look what is back in F1

Manjhi
Manjhi

Nico Hulkenberg will be scratching his head right now, probably saying "Why the hell I waited for few weeks??" #-o #-o

Well Done Nico Rosberg a true Champion and "Team player", will always be remembered as "The Normal" driver who defeated the so called "Talented" driver on the grid in the same car. =D> =D>

You end your career on high note, wishing you luck in future endeavor.

Manjhi
Manjhi

Bence wrote:Dunno why people say that it was a complete surprise...

Having watched the final press conference after the race, the whole story was written on his face when Lewis started to talk about the positive relationship with his "new" mechanics.
First, the was an OMG, can't believe this expression on Nico's face, then the disbelief was followed by an intense cry, and then came the WTF am I doing here feeling.

And when he talked about a "disgusting feeling" he never wanted to experience once more in his life (German interview), the picture was entirely clear.
Saw that expression and his German TV interview as well, Lewis and gang is not ready to accept the defeat. It's good that he left Mercs and F1, now I hope Mercs also announce two new drivers on the grid and ditch Lewis for his arrogance.

Sign Massa or Button instead of Lewis. A team is always greater than an individual.