2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
max_speed
max_speed

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Sayeman wrote:
14 May 2017, 15:34
Lol, where did this late burst of pace come from? Alonso's flying past the williams on the straight with a Honda engine! Life is full of surprises.
i just feel sorry for alonso.now its all in hand of Honda...do something else he is leaving mclaren (without any fault of mclaren).

Alexitation
Alexitation

So Sauber scored points before McLaren right? Even with Werlhein's 5 seconds penalty he will score 1 or 2 points...

proteus

Sayeman wrote:
Lol, where did this late burst of pace come from? Alonso's flying past the williams on the straight with a Honda engine! Life is full of surprises.
He changed tyres. Nothing spectacular...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Alonso Fan

proteus wrote:
14 May 2017, 15:43
Sayeman wrote:
And probably eased on fuel saving

I remember last year at Russia where he went significantly quicker one lap and they were all like where the hell did that come from? And he was like I didn't save fuel for that lap .

The engine is really thirsty
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Well, I don't think the car that did P7 yesterday suddenly got bad. Basically what I saw was the worst luck ever. Lap 1, Massa pushed Alonso out = race gone. We all know how hard it is to overtake here and we all know at what position the team is at the moment (with the engine) so no chance he could recover. (even top teams were struggling to pass each other, let alone having a Honda engine. We were all hoping for a nice start and then try to maintain position not collision and big exit! :mrgreen: ) After the crash of lap 1 , not only Alo lost many positions but for sure that crash and off-road rally must have damaged the car also (not sure tho). Then, strategy got f#cked up with the virtual safety car, completely! Most guys in front got a free pit stop with it! So all went wrong. Couldn't utilize the start mess, couldn't utilize the virtual safety car! Instead they both gave huge harm. And like these were not enough, also u have the fuel saving so, rip. As for Vandoorne, well he didn't have the pace even in qualy but the crash with Massa I guess was his fault this time.

j.yank
j.yank

Alonso Fan wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:07
proteus wrote:
Sayeman wrote:

I remember last year at Russia where he went significantly quicker one lap and they were all like where the hell did that come from? And he was like I didn't save fuel for that lap .

On mediums before switching to softs Alonso pace more or less equal to Force India, and it was pretty constant lap by lap. I think that this upgrade is quite decent and maybe they are almost already equal in performance to the best in the middle pack. The incident in the second corner denied well deserved points for Alonso.

Alonso Fan

ALO_Power wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:11
Well, I don't think the car that did P7 yesterday suddenly got bad. Basically what I saw was the worst luck ever. Lap 1, Massa pushed Alonso out = race gone. We all know how hard it is to overtake here and we all know at what position the team is at the moment (with the engine) so no chance he could recover. (even top teams were struggling to pass each other, let alone having a Honda engine. We were all hoping for a nice start and then try to maintain position not collision and big exit! :mrgreen: ) After the crash of lap 1 , not only Alo lost many positions but for sure that crash and off-road rally must have damaged the car also (not sure tho). Then, strategy got f#cked up with the virtual safety car, completely! Most guys in front got a free pit stop with it! So all went wrong. Couldn't utilize the start mess, couldn't utilize the virtual safety car! Instead they both gave huge harm. And like these were not enough, also u have the fuel saving so, rip. As for Vandoorne, well he didn't have the pace even in qualy but the crash with Massa I guess was his fault this time.
Agreed. Looking forward to tomorrow
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

j.yank wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:15
Alonso Fan wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:07
proteus wrote:

On mediums before switching to softs Alonso pace more or less equal to Force India, and it was pretty constant lap by lap. I think that this upgrade is quite decent and maybe they are almost already equal in performance to the best in the middle pack. The incident in the second corner denied well deserved points for Alonso.
Let's hope so
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

nzjrs

Alonso Fan wrote:
14 May 2017, 00:59
nzjrs wrote:
13 May 2017, 23:31
Alonso Fan wrote:
13 May 2017, 23:23

The merc is from 2016. That's almost pointless
My bad. Deleted. Have a hug [-o<
Ah no worries. I actually didn't spot it myself until Alonso was clearly ahead by a few car lengths after turn 5 :mrgreen:
Quali lap comparison - Alonso vs Hamilton

This time with the 2017 Mercedes :-)

https://streamable.com/ar2t0 (credit)
Last edited by nzjrs on 14 May 2017, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

SameSame
SameSame

ALO_Power wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:11
His race was completely ruined when he came out behind Kvyat. He could not get past Kvyat despite having a 10 lap tyre advantage and from there all hopes of points were gone. He was right behind Magnussen, Sainz and Grojean before the first round of stops McLaren tried the undercut.In hindsight they should have stayed out like Wehrlein did.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

So, where are the guys that predicted Fernando would stop the car blaming an engine failure if he was not in the points?

bauc

Race was ruined for ALO by the contact with Massa
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mwillems

Jef Patat wrote:
14 May 2017, 20:19
So, where are the guys that predicted Fernando would stop the car blaming an engine failure if he was not in the points?
Personally I don't think he is, but I also think he is capable of it.

However, he would never do that at his home circuit, he would fight to the end in that race for sure.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

As I have read here, it has been Muphy's law, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, touch with mass, Undercut attempt spoiled by VIRTUAL security car, if it had been a security car on track everything would have Been in their favor. The final rhythm, contrary to what some say here, if I think it important, not only had new tires, in addition and most important is that he ran without saving, at full power, in my opinion Honda has gotten into the Fight of the Q3, very stuck from the 7 place, the bad fortune today has been primed with ALO / McHonda, with the abandonments of RAI and VER the possibility of the 5th place was real, on the contrary today all the fortune Force India took it ..

Today is one of those days, when you get a kick in the ass without deserving it, Honda is not to celebrate, but if it has improved, has gone from being 14 ° 15 ° stuck to the front, to be in front of that squad Of cars that goes from the 7th place to the 14 ° / 15 °.
Last edited by JuanjoTS on 15 May 2017, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

j.yank
j.yank

Definitely there were no fuel saving from MH today, and there is a clear step forward in the engine performance. Between 39 and 50 th laps (when all of them were on fresh mediums and Alonso was not behind other driver) Alonso trails Vettel on average by 2.08 sec per lap, Perez by 0.28 sec but outperforms Hulkenberg by 0.38, Saintz by 0.7, and Grosjean by 0.95 sec. All of these laps the pace of Alonso was pretty consistent. What they are currently missing is the power at the straights - they cannot pass other cars even they are quicker in the lap.