2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sonador
Sonador

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

It is jus awful to see the decline, i had good hopes based on the seccond part of 2016, that they are on top of the problems.
But this year is just horrible, Honda do seem a bit lost from the outside.
But i doubt that is the case , i think communications are bad since the first season. so that needs a lot of work.
Also the humiliation from Mclaren towards Honda must just stop, it helps nobody!
I get that it is frustrating, but sometimes it is too much.

They dont seem like a works team, a team that is fully intergrated with each other.
You have Mclaren on one side, and Honda on the other side.

I fear it wil never happen ....

I do believe that this years chassis is a really good one wich is nice to see.

SameSame
SameSame

What could possibly be the downside of using the Merc PU? It's becoming fact that Honda will not reach their level in the current set of regulations, which still goes on for a Few more years. Better to cut losses earlier rather than later.

etusch

Sonador wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 18:25
It is jus awful to see the decline, i had good hopes based on the seccond part of 2016, that they are on top of the problems.
But this year is just horrible, Honda do seem a bit lost from the outside.
But i doubt that is the case , i think communications are bad since the first season. so that needs a lot of work.
Also the humiliation from Mclaren towards Honda must just stop, it helps nobody!
I get that it is frustrating, but sometimes it is too much.

They dont seem like a works team, a team that is fully intergrated with each other.
You have Mclaren on one side, and Honda on the other side.

I fear it wil never happen ....

I do believe that this years chassis is a really good one wich is nice to see.
McLaren also had lost their way since 2013 until this year. This year they did good job. So they have to understand Honda. I think this just shareholders and media pressures

GoranF1
GoranF1

I cant wait to hear from Hasegawa tomorrow.... :D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ZakB
ZakB

I really can't understand Honda, why does all the development has to be done in Japan? They should have come to the UK, get a bag of money and hire people from Mercedes and Ferrari. Honda can easily afford it, but they aren't looking for help it seems. Good luck to them, because they will definitely need that.

etusch

ZakB wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 20:28
I really can't understand Honda, why does all the development has to be done in Japan? They should have come to the UK, get a bag of money and hire people from Mercedes and Ferrari. Honda can easily afford it, but they aren't looking for help it seems. Good luck to them, because they will definitely need that.
This is what Honda made Honda. RBR uses Renault PU labeled tag heuer. That label cant do Renault engine Tag Heuer.
İt is just a label. From my point of view, if Honda works like that that would be just a Honda labeled engine, not Honda engine
Last edited by etusch on 08 Jun 2017, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

GoranF1 wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 19:43
I cant wait to hear from Hasegawa tomorrow.... :D
I also thought it today and suprised how they didn't speek about it by now

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Almost thought it is April 1st...
"Alonso "will stay" at McLaren if it wins by September"
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-a ... er-915635/

erlik
erlik

Jef Patat wrote:Almost thought it is April 1st...
"Alonso "will stay" at McLaren if it wins by September"
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-a ... er-915635/
It is just another way to say I am out of Mclaren in 2018 for sure...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sonador
Sonador

I think it is Alonso's way to put Honda under pressure.

But i do think he wil go, if there is no significant improvement from the engine side.
So maybe he wil return to Renault?

etusch

Both condition ( staying mclaren or going Renault) he have to wait at least one more year to fight for WDC

Vasconia

Sonador wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 23:49
I think it is Alonso's way to put Honda under pressure.

But i do think he wil go, if there is no significant improvement from the engine side.
So maybe he wil return to Renault?
Indeed, he know sthere is no way to win this season. But I am pretty sure that if the new PU is good he will stay.

Lucky
Lucky

According to the information of from AUTO BILD MOTORSPORT the decision has liked long ago: A separation of Honda is an agreed thing and also the Daimler board of directors has already agreed to a cooperation. The topical interviews should prepare the public execution communicatively. Sauber the only Honda-work team and McLaren with customer engines of Mercedes would be supplied with it.
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1 ... 54469.html

Singabule
Singabule

Lucky wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 08:14
According to the information of from AUTO BILD MOTORSPORT the decision has liked long ago: A separation of Honda is an agreed thing and also the Daimler board of directors has already agreed to a cooperation. The topical interviews should prepare the public execution communicatively. Sauber the only Honda-work team and McLaren with customer engines of Mercedes would be supplied with it.
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1 ... 54469.html
Unbelievable (autobild)

Lucky
Lucky

autobild concerning contracts with Germans is very reliable